Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 13 Dec 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008 4:40 am 
Adept

Cerris wrote:

Quote:
I havent been there for over six months, perhaps the general public are better judges of me than the OI owners/treasure hunters.

Attaboy! That's the old Cerris talking. Only one possible answer to any mystery! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Can't log in now.
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008 7:09 pm 
Adept

Cerris wrote:
I cannot post on Jo's website D'Arcy because my password appears to be inactive now. With three of my topics locked there what's the point, in my place would you go back if you were denied freedom to of speech to voice your theories.

I am really not being arrogant but take a look at the viewing hits for the back issue locked topic on Jo's website entitled "Oak Island Revelations", they are still rising arround at 35,000 yet I havent been there for over six months, perhaps the general public are better judges of me than the OI owners/treasure hunters.

Cerris:

As far as I know, your password is "inactive" simply because you haven't posted there in some time. You are welcome on that site (or any other) as long as you abide by its moderator's rules of good conduct.

I would also add that if I or you or anyone else claims to have "the true answer" to the Oak Island mystery, we should be prepared to supply documented historical and evidentary proof to back up our claim. Otherwise, the claimant is simply farting into the wind.

Lastly, I might point out to you that the only reason your "Oak Island Revelations" thread got so many "hits" is because of its bombasitc and argumentative nature, and certainly not because it had anything of real substance to offer. I'd compare it to a schoolyard bully bragging that he gave and got back more retorts than any other kid in the yard. So what?

D'Arcy

Post subject: Only one theory matters.
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008 8:10 pm 
Acolyte

Hi JB, I ment what I said, no more duels for me, it is depressing and negative thinking where someone has to lose.

I personally started getting interested in Oak Island in 1965 about the same time as Dan Blankenship, when I could not agree with illogical theories I was reading as explainations for the various O I discoveries I started to work on them one by one myself.

I collected every O I book or magazine I could get my hands on and pinned every new clue on three 6ft by 5ft wide boards in a spare room in my house, I did not have fileing cabinets but I kept folders stacked on shelves all around the room.

At some stage I started to change my thoughts to who was involved and I eventually worked on the legends that still abound in Nova Scotia of Captain William Kidd. I read every book I could on the il fated Scottish Privateer to see if he was a feasible candidate, I admit to initially feeling that he did not have the time, expertise or money and was not known to have sailed in those waters, however something told me to persevere.

A few years ago one vital piece of information was sent to me by a kind person who felt that I should see it, it convinced me that Kidd did in fact sail to Oak Island and he did deposit treasure there. Now I had big problems, I had to work backwards to find out how he was able to do so when all the books on Kidd said he couldn't have been involved for all the previously mention reasons.

It then occured to me that he might have had secret partners who the requirements he lacked, this ment checking on the voyage of Captain Henry Every or John Avery who was never caught and his treasure was never found. Contrary to popular objections the two men did not have to meet more than once and it was not even requisite that they frequented Oak Island. I believe the two men were partners in a privateers syndicate who simply hired a mining engineer to design, and oversee the construction of the great subterranean system of Oak Island. This protects artefacts stored beneath sea level in a vault protected to this day by flood tunnels. The illegal covert facility was constructed for disgruntled commissioned privateers seeking a bigger percentage of captured spoils.

It was then I found that Captain Henry Every had purposely sought to recruit Cornish crewmen on his famous voyage and they would have previously worked as miners in the great Tin Mines of Cornwall on the south west side of England. My story on my website discribes what I think actually occured some of which I have proof and some is guesswork based on logic and probabillity.

This what I sincerely believe Brian, if you really believe something entirely different keep working on it and hopefully oneday someone will be proved right on the money. I've come to the conclusion there is no point in sabre rattling and putting ourselves up as targets, the only answer to any mystery that has any value is - the correct one and time alone will assertain what is the truth.

Cerris

www.oakislandrevelations.com Lower anchors to scroll my story.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008 9:28 pm 
Adept

[quote="Cerris"]A few years ago one vital piece of information was sent to me by a kind person who felt that I should see it, it convinced me that Kidd did in fact sail to Oak Island and he did deposit treasure there. /quote]

Cerris:

Therein lies your chance to convince all of us that your Kidd "theory" vis-a-vis Oak Island is correct. ("Where's the proof?", to paraphrase a 1980's Wendy's hamburger chain ad slogan).

D'Arcy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008 1:55 am 
Adept

Cerris

You could do me a real favour and stop calling me Brian - what an insult! :wink:

As you seem to imply, we're here because we're exiles from Jo's forum - pariah's who don't think correctly, have nothing worthwhile to contribute to their debate, apparently object wrongly to their brand of 'honest' criticism and are thoroughly objectionable to boot. And that's just our good side!

You may recall that I was vilified for making much the same observations you eventually did - for much the same reasons - and for saying very early on what the forum ended up saying about you. How the world turns!

I once suggested to you that the only way onto the island would be through the OITS and by saying exactly what the owners wanted to hear. Unfortunately, you were too honest to dissemble. However, I still think this is sound advice to anyone with a hypothesis they want to test, although I reckon you've truly blown it for yourself now!

Like you, I put a large part of my life into Oak Island research just to end up being hammered for not thinking mainstream. Oak Island is the Money Pit, and without the Money Pit there'd be no mystery and no tourism. Economic factors alone make some of us wrong in thinking that if there's anything valuable on Oak Island then it could well be somewhere other than the Money Pit. Anyway, that's one way to rationalise being an outsider!

I've never been able to understand why you picked on a specific person as the originator of the OI enterprise. It really isn't necessary - and is truly inadvisable without being in a position to produce evidence to point reliably to any particular individual.

The same applies to your ideas as to the nature of the underground workings. How can anyone prove they're right? So, what's the point of insisting? Does it matter, as long as you have sound reasons for wanting to look at a specific spot on the island?

I have long mainained that the time for discussing the who of Oak Island is when we've discovered the where and revealed the what. So, don't be drawn back into their games, stick to that goal.

Geoff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008 2:13 am 
Adept

Sorry for the interruption, but is gb Geoff Bath?

Post subject: A freedom of choice.
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008 10:57 pm 
Acolyte

Hi D'Arcy, we are all entitled to our own opinion and theory, if we offer proof it is obviously of more value but don't we all hold back our secrets sometimes. Dan Blankenship and/or fred Noland don't put the confidential contents of their files in the public domain do they? Don't you also keep confidential information under wraps untill you can include it in your next book, I'm sure you do. I'm only concealing what freelance reporters call a scoop until I can secure a contract to ensure payment for it, if I don't get that upfront my story never goes to print - period.

Apart from the business people that I/we have been trying to persuade I have never asked the general public to believe my O I theories, therefore it is NOT requisite that I produce proof of them. I only seek to make the public aware of as many of the things apertaining to Oak Island as I can, not to be convinced by me, that is their perogative as a freedom of choice.

If someone does not agree with my unproven Oak Island Revelations theories fine, I don't have a problem with that, what I don't like is someone who uses their influence to muzzle me and deny the public the right to choose what they want to see. Everyone has or should have the right to consider and judge each theory on it's own merit for themselves as intelligent people, with or without supportive proof of it.

Do you seriously believe that my topic on the Oak Island Treasure website of "Oak Island Revelations" ( locked at the request of Tank and religated to the Siberia of "Off topic Post" at the bottom of the index page) that in my absense has currently amassed over 38,000 view hits and rising because of "arguements". If that is the case you are either suffering under some delusion or in grudge denial, take a look how many viewing hits my topic on this website "Cryptic Message Stone was Faked" topic has recieved.

You have to concede that many people want to hear what I tell them for free even if I am unable to give them supportive evidence - yet. I must come across as an honest man who doesn't lie to them and endeavours to encourage them to question illogical theories continually served up as fact.

Let me reiterate that I harbour no il feeling towards you and Danny or the OITS now, what's past is past. For the good of the image of Oak Island I personally feel we main players in the saga should all just try to get on and hope someone will bring up the blasted treasure before we all kill each other in our frustration.

Cerris

www.oakislandrevelations.com No treasure was ever in the Money Pit.

Post subject: OOOps sorry.
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008 12:16 am 
Acolyte

Hi gb, sorry no offence intended. :lol:

I was not banned from Jo's website I just felt I was outnumbered and unprotected from political hyjacking ect, and although I was polite and did not swear three of my topics were locked. If it wasn't because Jo was compromised as a member of the OITS then don't ask me why that was happening because I still don't know. :? What I do know is certain people I've trusted in the past have run me down down behind my back and whilst not being paranoid I tend not to be so trusting anymore which is a shame.

I will never change my original claim one bit because it is true, for the sake of new viewers please let me again make my outrageous claim that angers people. I can recover the treasure of Oak Island in less than a month dry and intact. One of the several people who stored treasure below sea level in a protected vault WAS Captain William Kidd, he however did not design or construct the subterranean system. Now if as you say the owners don't buy that it's just as much their loss as mine, I know I am right and I consider it is they who have blown it, starting with David Tobias about eight years ago.

Cerris

www.oakislandrevelations