Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 13 Dec 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007 11:03 am 
Adept

Macteague wrote:
Crusader/Keith,
You were very quick to edit your incriminating post. Thankfully, I have a screen capture.

International News Release:

Vancouver - Keith Ranville once again makes himself the laughing stock of yet another forum.

Macteague has given us a real good laugh at the idiot Keith Ranville.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007 3:26 pm 
Grand Master

bob_l Bable opps n4n has serious obsessive mental issues..
:lol: :lol:

read more about some obsessed clowns
http://sinclair-clan.blogspot.com/2007/ ... b-job.html

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012 11:43 am 
High King

An interesting fact about Oak Island is the actual C-14 dating of the coconut fibres found at the site, which is to 1130 AD +-70 years. Although "Woods Hole" says the date could be skewed, they also said the 1100 dating could be possible, and by analyzing the fibres also confirmed it as a species of coconut possibly of Mediterranean origin. The common theory now is that this material was used for packing in ships carrying cargo, and off loaded on the Island as the vessels were unloaded. The date of 1130 is not when the fibres arrived on Oak Island, but when they died. In the century or two following the 12th century there was no known ongoing North American exploration. The 1130 date also fits in nicely with a premised Templar expedition to Jerusalem.---Bill

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012 1:01 am 
Grand Master

wayward wrote:
An interesting fact about Oak Island is the actual C-14 dating of the coconut fibres found at the site, which is to 1130 AD +-70 years. Although "Woods Hole" says the date could be skewed, they also said the 1100 dating could be possible, and by analyzing the fibres also confirmed it as a species of coconut possibly of Mediterranean origin. The common theory now is that this material was used for packing in ships carrying cargo, and off loaded on the Island as the vessels were unloaded. The date of 1130 is not when the fibres arrived on Oak Island, but when they died. In the century or two following the 12th century there was no known ongoing North American exploration. The 1130 date also fits in nicely with a premised Templar expedition to Jerusalem.---Bill

Bill, there ARE no "Mediterranean coconuts" so it seems like an odd thing for Wood's Hole to say, although I suppose they could be of East African origin, which isn't too far off and there may have been some Red Sea area trees as well (the history of their presence isn't entirely clear).

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012 1:42 am 
High King

Caelum wrote:
wayward wrote:

Bill, there ARE no "Mediterranean coconuts"

I believe you are correct Caelum, but at the time 1100 AD there were probably no coconuts anywhere but from India up into the area of the Red Sea, and the Arabian Sea, if indeed they were coconut fibres it seems they would have had to come through the Mediterranean. I am researching the use of the material as packing by some of the peoples who traded by ship with Mediterranean civilizations. Thanks for your reply.---Bill

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012 9:23 pm 
High King

Caelum wrote:
wayward wrote:

Bill, there ARE no "Mediterranean coconuts" so it seems like an odd thing for Wood's Hole to say, although I suppose they could be of East African origin, which isn't too far off and there may have been some Red Sea area trees as well (the history of their presence isn't entirely clear).

If it is pirate treasure at Oak Island, maybe they had a Bounty on their heads :lol:
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012 1:33 pm 
High King

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Caelum wrote:
wayward wrote:

If it is pirate treasure at Oak Island, maybe they had a Bounty on their heads :lol:
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Regards
Nic

Hi guys, I hope you are not going to let me kill a thread with a quip about a UK chocolate bar ?
Regarding the coconuts though, could someone explain where the fibres were found and Bill could they have been used for packaging on ships? As I don't know much about Oak Island, does anyone know if there have been new applications to dig at the site recently?
Nic

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012 3:38 pm 
High King

Hi Nic, That was a cute little quip and I kind of liked it :wink: . After researching coconut fibers to death, I find that after processing to become packing material it is called "coir", which is and has been a product of India for centuries. As all Mediterranean countries traded with India it is more than likely that coir found its way to Palestine and Cyprus and could have then been used as 2nd hand packing by anybody. Although nobody connected with Oak Island can say with certainty that what was found there was coconut fiber (it was much decayed) the consensus of opinion seems to be that it was. Woods Hole institute thinks it may have been also. The interesting thing is the C-14 dating has it dated around the beginning of the 13th century, which precludes its use by any "known" european sailers. Although the dating is not absolute, the possible error still puts it much too early. Of course the date is when it died, not when it was unloaded in Nova Scotia. This only leaves a Viking (Norse) or one other possible source for the fiber, but still more research to do.
The group from my hometown called by the locals the Michigan Mob is still working the site.---Bill

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012 4:35 pm 
High King

Thanks for the update Bill. What is the state of play with the legalities for digging there at the moment? Am I correct in thinking the previous lease is either up or due to finish? Make sure the Michigan Mob keep an eye out for Ben Hammott up there, as he seems to be working his way through 'unexplained mysteries'.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012 7:25 pm 
High King

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Thanks for the update Bill. What is the state of play with the legalities for digging there at the moment? Am I correct in thinking the previous lease is either up or due to finish? Make sure the Michigan Mob keep an eye out for Ben Hammott up there, as he seems to be working his way through 'unexplained mysteries'.
Regards
Nic

Maybe your already a member Nic, but if not the "Oak Island Forum" is a nice quiet place to play. Don't have the link right in front of me, but it should come up on google. If not I'll shoot you the link.---Bill

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012 1:03 am 
Queen Bee

wayward wrote:
Hi Nic, That was a cute little quip and I kind of liked it :wink: . After researching coconut fibers to death, I find that after processing to become packing material it is called "coir", which is and has been a product of India for centuries. As all Mediterranean countries traded with India it is more than likely that coir found its way to Palestine and Cyprus and could have then been used as 2nd hand packing by anybody. Although nobody connected with Oak Island can say with certainty that what was found there was coconut fiber (it was much decayed) the consensus of opinion seems to be that it was. Woods Hole institute thinks it may have been also. The interesting thing is the C-14 dating has it dated around the beginning of the 13th century, which precludes its use by any "known" european sailers. Although the dating is not absolute, the possible error still puts it much too early. Of course the date is when it died, not when it was unloaded in Nova Scotia. This only leaves a Viking (Norse) or one other possible source for the fiber, but still more research to do.
The group from my hometown called by the locals the Michigan Mob is still working the site.---Bill

Very Interesting discovery Bill thanks for the info
the beginning of the 13th century wow

It doesn't look like St Brendan left it :wink: someone later

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012 5:55 pm 
Grand Master

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Regards
Nic

Nic,

I believe Ben is due to unearth Percy Fawcett's bones before moving on to Oak Island...

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 1:45 am 
Grand Master

Caelum wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Regards
Nic

Nic,

I believe Ben is due to unearth Percy Fawcett's bones before moving on to Oak Island...

:lol: Just after he tracks down the Yeti and pin points Atlantis. Hell of a multi tasker that Hammott.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 1:55 am 
Grand Master

Crimson_Ghost wrote:
:lol: Just after he tracks down the Yeti and pin points Atlantis. Hell of a multi tasker that Hammott.

Imagination is a wonderous faculty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9