Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 12 Dec 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What's New?
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010 2:58 am 
High King

Ha, I knew it wasn't me. Thanks Indy---Bill

PostPosted: 31 May 2010 2:06 am 
High King

Indiana Jones wrote:
Hi Bill,

Ah yes, it's been awhile since we've discussed Will's escapades on here. Personally, I think it's all great fodder for an historical thriller a la The DaVinci Code or some such novel. Or maybe he actually is on to something, but I highly doubt that. In any event, it's been some time since we've had an update; the last we heard, he was on the run from the FBI, or at least that's what I remember anyway.

:lol:

Oh, and I'm the one who brought up The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar, so there's that matter settled.

Hi Indy, whats new with you on the O.I. thing, I have lots of new information on the island and "Charing Cross"(New Ross). I have been doing some posting on the Oak Island forum, which I am sure you know about. Don't you think it is interesting that a company from my home town in Michigan bought an interest in the island?---Bill

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 3:30 pm 
High King

Dan Blakenship and his partners, the Michigan group have been issued a TTL (treasure trove license) for Oak Island a couple of days ago. As I understand it, this license will be good until this December 31st

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010 11:36 pm 
Grand Master

FYI
http://www.tourism-review.com/treasure- ... d-news2315
Cheers.......Lori :)

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010 2:10 am 
Queen Bee

lori wrote:

Nova Scotia presents one of the many nearly mythical places where treasure hunters look for buried riches. Sadly, their hunting days will be over by the end of this year. Local government has decided to limit local excavation activities to protect and preserve the marine world.

Oak Island in Nova Scotia, Canada, has long been in the spotlight of commercial treasure hunters. Many stories have been told about a possible treasure buried here, yet it remains a mystery what exactly to look for. Some claim it may be an immense pirate treasure, some believe it may feature precious jewels of Marie Antoinette. There are enthusiasts who try to find links between Knights Templar and the Oak Island. Others think it may be a 'classic‘ naval treasure hidden here by the Spanish, French or even English.
While stories are plentiful, divers constantly explore the shipwrecks, seabed and caves, looking for artefacts which would reveal any kind of relevant information. The hunt began in 1795 and as the search continued, a flagstone was reportedly found with an inscription suggesting a treasure is buried „forty feet below“. This is just too tempting a note to ignore.
However, local government has long been concerned with what might be passing through their fingers. According to current arrangement, the hunters are allowed to keep 90% of their find and only 10% ends up on display in local museums. As of 1st January 2011, however, all treasure hunting will have to be done under the supervision of an archaeologist and all finds will belong to Nova Scotia. Many agree the measure will bring a bit of peace and quiet for those who actually wish to only explore the Oak Island.

AWWWW!!! Now we'll never find the Holy Grail! :lol:

TCP

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010 10:36 am 
High King

sorry Tim, but wrong you are

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010 2:12 pm 
Queen Bee

wayward wrote:
sorry Tim, but wrong you are

Yeah, good luck with that, Bill.

TCP

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010 4:33 pm 
High King

why thank you Tim

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010 5:05 pm 
Researcher

Hi everyone, I'd never heard of Oak Island before coming to this forum and spent a lot of time reading all the threads and various links that still work (there a quite a few dead ones unfortunately but given how old some of the posts are that's not so surprising I guess, disappointing but not surprising). I haven't got a clue what to think about this mystery but I did notice something kind of interesting. That unusual platter (which I would have called a tray, I thought platters were more well plate like) thread was posted and the next bit of information you got from Will was that John the Bapist's head had been found. Salome asked for John's head on a silver platter. Coincidence or something more telling? I'm not suggesting anything about the man who found the platter but perhaps seeing it gave Will ideas? I just can't buy into Will's story, mainly because he kept promising evidence that never appeared but there are other things (like the two conflicting dates someone else already caught on to) that give me the eyebrow raise of doubt.

As an aside I think he was implying the head hasn't decayed and can talk or something like that with the it's definitely him stuff.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011 5:01 pm 
Initiate

Several months ago, the news was that Dan Blankenship had been granted a new license that was to expire December 31, 2010. Has anyone heard what came of that?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011 5:59 pm 
High King

AlienGod wrote:
Several months ago, the news was that Dan Blankenship had been granted a new license that was to expire December 31, 2010. Has anyone heard what came of that?

Oak Island Tours, (Dan Blankenship and his Michigan Group partners), has been granted a new and different type of license, that applies only to Oak Island. The old "Treasure Trove License" was a general license used for exploring shipwreaks and such and will be almost impossible to get from now on. I'm not sure if the new license has taken effect yet, but I will find out. btw, you may be interested in the "Oak Island Forum" site.---Bill

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011 1:20 am 
Initiate

Bill... I've tried numerous times to join that forum as well. I never get a response that my account has been activated.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011 1:34 am 
High King

AlienGod wrote:
Bill... I've tried numerous times to join that forum as well. I never get a response that my account has been activated.

I don't understand that, Jo has always been very good about that. Try her e-mail and tell her you are having trouble. I think its under contact on the forum site.---Bill

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011 3:02 am 
Initiate

Bill... Thanks for the info. I'll try that.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011 10:29 am 
High King

AlienGod wrote:
Bill... Thanks for the info. I'll try that.

FYI, timewise, Jo lives near London.---Bill

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011 9:07 pm 
Queen Bee

http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot. ... es-to.html

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011 9:48 pm 
High King

Sheila wrote:
http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/08/treasure-hunters-use-electric-pulses-to.html

Yes! I am listening with bated breath. :)

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011 9:59 pm 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/08/treasure-hunters-use-electric-pulses-to.html

Hey, that's cheating!

:D

Ludwig Wittgenstein