Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 12 Dec 2017 12:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: 'Scuse me guys.
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008 6:51 pm 
Queen Bee

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008 6:54 pm 
Queen Bee

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 11:43 am 
Grand Master

Klaatu Barada Nikto

http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/index.shtml

http://priory-of-sion.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 11:53 am 
Queen Bee

You wouldn't know common sense if it stared you in the face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 10:35 pm 
High King

I didn't see anything on the website linked at the bottom of Robert's post explaining how and why an 867 foot Cross layout happened to appear on Oak Island. Where's that part, Robert? We know it's not natural because nature doesn't often put parts of a pot bellied stove under ten-ton boulders.

Post subject: Oak Island Gylphs
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 2:13 am 
High King

The buried glyph stone in the shaft probably reads: "Climb for your lives, if you dig down through another oak platform, you`ll be drowned by our ingenious tidal floodgates!" As for OI as a burial site, it might be a Templar pirate burial of a Templar ship captain. The flooded shaft is reminicent again of the burial of Alaric under a river - a tomb protected by moving water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 11:23 am 
High King

But why the 153 foot depth if the tomb is merely that of a pirate or Templar? If it's a Templar, it would have to be a very important Templar. I don't know of any with unknown tomb locations, offhand. It does seem to make more sense that the pit is a tomb than a treasure, though, because I don't think there would be any way to bypass the flood system. There are obviously treasures with the bodies, as indicated by drill results, but not ones that were intended to be recovered. In fact, if it were simple treasure and not a tomb, it would have been reclaimed at some point. The OI Cross may be a grave marker, in addition to a clue about the star formation several miles southeast of OI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008 11:31 am 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
You wouldn't know common sense if it stared you in the face.

Talking to yourself again? Happy Christmas.

http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/index.shtml

http://priory-of-sion.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008 12:11 pm 
Queen Bee

Gettaefuckyatwat...my middle name is common sense....there is nothing airyfairy about my way of seeing things....and by the way don't nick my one-liners, that's the one I specifically reserve for Jakeabf when he's on one of his rants due to lack of sunlight.
We might have a lot in common if you were'nt quite so objectionable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008 12:15 pm 
Queen Bee

By the way Mr N.....That is a Berber script, not some mumbojumbo.....in case you hadn't noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008 7:33 pm 
Acolyte

Sheila,

Speaking of the Berber script, how's it going with the Inscribed Stone? Any more progress?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008 9:34 pm 
Queen Bee

Hi Indy........er....um...... to be perfectly truthful.....no!
If by the "inscribed stone" you mean the longer one with lots of symbols...it's a real headache as it could be read left to right, right to left, vertically one way or vertically the other way...and since everyone says it not the real deal..as in.... it was "faked" by someone...I kinda gave up and the Tiffinag University people never replied.

If the symbols are correct they would need to be translated into one of the 10 Berber dialects and then translated into the English we understand.

However...the chunk of blasted rock with the deeply carved symbols is another matter...I find that very interesting....but it's only a section of a larger rock..;that makes it tricky. The few symbols I can make out are either a Berber/Tiffinag script or....?

Or......the three symbols taken as they are seem to represent exactly.... Saturn/Lead....Distilled Vinegar....Sol/Gold.........according to Alchemical symbols used in The Great Art.

However this will bring hoots of derision & the usual name calling which is why I am reluctant to speak my mind on this forum.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009 3:26 am 
Acolyte

Yeah, the larger stone is a tricky matter as you point out. As for the smaller stone, the alchemical symbols sound interesting. If you feel like discussing it, but don't want to post here, just PM me.

Post subject: Coded Stone
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009 1:09 am 
High King

Perhaps the coded stone is a tombstone for whoever is buried there. The Visigoths went to a lot of trouble to bury their chief Alaric under a river for fear that his grave would be decimated by his enemies. This would seem to be their incentive. Were there also some prehistoric artifacts below all of the retrieved OI objects?

Post subject: Hoots
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009 5:48 pm 
Acolyte

Sheila,

Quote:
However this will bring hoots of derision & the usual name calling which is why I am reluctant to speak my mind on this forum.

True enough, but try Jo's site for insightfull Oak Island discussion. If anyone there goes off on you, Jo will sort it out. People will challenge you, but that is fair, nes pas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 11:45 pm 
Initiate

GB

Your comments regarding the OITS are spot on. One does not need to become engaged with their game to have an enthusiasm for studying Oak Island. It has been of my regrettable experience that one cannot be connected to that society if one wishes to maintain an objective approach.

As you know, that society's existence is to promote tourism at all costs, thus truth becomes the casualty in the quest for cash.

One such example was the militant defense of an OI author who suggested a Lapis Lazuli exemption clause as somehow being the smoking gun to his theory. My research efforts at PANS discovered the first exclusion was part of the Lawrencetown grant and which predates Shoreham by 5 years. This totally refutes that author's claim of significance and also shows the exclusion was enacted by local Council at Halifax and not by the British Crown as was suggested. Without this connection to Lapis Lazuli, the theory is no longer viable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009 2:38 pm 
High King

Enforen wrote:
GB

Your comments regarding the OITS are spot on. One does not need to become engaged with their game to have an enthusiasm for studying Oak Island. It has been of my regrettable experience that one cannot be connected to that society if one wishes to maintain an objective approach.

As you know, that society's existence is to promote tourism at all costs, thus truth becomes the casualty in the quest for cash.

One such example was the militant defense of an OI author who suggested a Lapis Lazuli exemption clause as somehow being the smoking gun to his theory. My research efforts at PANS discovered the first exclusion was part of the Lawrencetown grant and which predates Shoreham by 5 years. This totally refutes that author's claim of significance and also shows the exclusion was enacted by local Council at Halifax and not by the British Crown as was suggested. Without this connection to Lapis Lazuli, the theory is no longer viable.

Where ya been, Enforen? How many forum applicants have you turned down because you thought they might really be me? When are you going to have a forum which is not paranoid delusional?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5