Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 16 Dec 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dimethyltriptamine
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010 10:16 am 
Queen Bee

http://www.dailygrail.com/Shamanism/201 ... ry-Trailer

The documentary is based upon the clinical research of Dr Rick Strassman on the hallucinogen dimethyltryptamine (DMT), and the subsequent book he published about his findings, conclusions and experiences resulting from his scientific investigation.
Strassman's book "DMT-The Spirit molecule" is a fascinating read.

rs2008 will well remember when i touted this theory on the forum way back in early '08...and the way our bodies have this molecule which is naturally present in all living things...if it's alive it has DMT....and i believe we had quite a long discussion on the subject and about the pineal gland and the soul.

There's also stuff i posted way back in my DNA thread as well.....?

Post subject: Re: Dimethyltriptamine
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 10:06 am 
High King

http://technoccult.net/archives/2008/03/29/alex-grey-interview-in-sf-gate/

edited to delete cofusing stuff.

:lol:

Last edited by Eginolf on 19 Apr 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 10:26 am 
Queen Bee

sorry Egi...don't get the connection here.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 12:10 pm 
Queen Bee

Have you been reading Graham Hancock?

Supernatural ChapterOne

Part two

Part three

Your street cred will suffer.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 12:31 pm 
Queen Bee

Quote:

sorry Roscoe, i don't get that either......?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 12:41 pm 
Queen Bee

Re: Best selling Author Graham Hancock Turns to Fiction: 30 Mar 2010 7:38 pm

Quote:
Sheila posted:
Having read Jeremy Narby's "The Cosmic Serepent- DNA & the origins of knowledge" simultaneously with the amazing "DMT- The Spirit Molecule" which is Dr. Rick Strassman's groundbreaking book on modern DMT research.... I found Graham hancock's "Supernatural" to be the best book to thrust at people who just stood there mouths agape when i was trying to explain what i had just been reading about in these two books.

He explains how the "machine elves" the "visitors" and the "wee folk" are all one and the same...they are here to re-cycle souls.

Quote:
Sheila posted:

Contact Through the Veil:

.....for any one interested in Strassman's work .....in his own words..

http://rickstrassman.com/?q=node/9

Chapter Summaries
This is the story of the first new human psychedelic drug research in the United States in a generation. It took place at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine in Albuquerque from 1990 to 1995, where I was Associate Professor of Psychiatry. I studied the extremely powerful, short-acting, naturally-occurring psychedelic drug, DMT, or dimethyltryptamine. One of the primary reasons I chose DMT is because it's found in the human body. In addition, it is found in many plants, including the Amazonian psychedelic brew, known as ayahuasca, hoasca, or yagé.

As an endogenous, or naturally-produced, human psychedelic, I believed it might mediate spontaneous psychedelic experiences such as near-death and mystical states. I also considered the pineal gland a likely source of this endogenous DMT; as such, the pineal might be a "spirit gland."

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 1:21 pm 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
Quote:

sorry Roscoe, i don't get that either......?

We're not supposed to read Graham Hancock. I'm an avid reader and read every single one of his books.

Tomorrow Never Knows

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 4:19 pm 
Queen Bee

Good man :D

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 5:31 pm 
High King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfVUbjtQg8&feature=player_embedded

8)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010 12:10 pm 
Queen Bee

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_article2.shtml

DMT and the Pineal:
Fact or Fiction?

"These hypotheses are not proven, but they derive from scientifically valid data combined with spiritual and religious observations and teachings. [...]

The most general hypothesis is that the pineal gland produces psychedelic amounts of DMT at extraordinary times in our lives. Pineal DMT production is the physical representation of non-material, or energetic, processes. It provides us with the vehicle to consciously experience the movement of our life-force in its most extreme manifestations. Specific examples of this phenomenon are the following:

When our individual life force enters our fetal body, the moment in which we become truly human, it passes through the pineal and triggers the first primordial flood of DMT.

Later, at birth, the pineal releases more DMT.

In some of us, pineal DMT mediates the pivotal experiences of deep meditation, psychosis, and near-death experiences.

As we die, the life-force leaves the body through the pineal gland, releasing another flood of this psychedelic spirit molecule. (pages 68-69, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, 2001)"

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_writings2.shtml

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010 2:18 am 
Queen Bee

I have read the book and the Spirit Molecule is quite fascinating

the first thing Attorney General Gonzales under Bush wanted to do was make it ilegal to use the Holy tea Ayahuasca of the
Shamans but the Suprem Court struck it down saying it was important to their service

it seems there has been a systematic process by the government to shut down all communication to the spirit world by use of these drugs

South America has ignored them

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010 8:34 am 
Queen Bee

Dimethyltriptamine

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010 5:52 pm 
Grand Master

'allo, 'allo more pseudo-science. It'll be time travel next i shouldn't wonder.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010 10:27 pm 
Emperor

alexius wrote:
'allo, 'allo more pseudo-science. It'll be time travel next i shouldn't wonder.

Why would time-travel be in the Paganism thread? The time travel article is in the General Forteana thread but I think you already know that Alexius and you're just stirring. Here's my response anyway since you don't seem to be able to grasp the basics and misnomer the study of time travel as Pseudo-science.

Well you should know about the psuedo. At least Einstein had a wide enough view of SCIENCE to know he didn't know everything and he still worked on the special and general relativity THEORIES which utilises the concept of time dilation and for example the existence of wormholes.

In other words it means when you travel through space you travel through time :arrow: TIME - TRAVEL. Dah

That's why it's called the spacetime Continuum.

Ohh looky here it's NASA getting all pseudo on us. Well according to lexy's definitions anyway. :roll:

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_sl.html

Quote:
Space Physics:
Wormholes, Time Travel, and Faster-Than-Speed-of-Light Theories
Wormholes
Keeping a Wormhole Open?
What Does a Wormhole Look Like?
What About Wormholes and Time Travel?
Time Travel
Particles Faster than Light
Faster Than Speed of Light?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Wormholes
Are wormholes in space real, or are they only science fiction?
Wormholes are allowed to exist in the math of "General Relativity", which is our best description of the Universe. Assuming that general relativity is correct, there may be wormholes. But no one has any idea how they would be created, and there is no evidence for anything like a wormhole in the observed Universe.

However, many experts in the field of gravitation and general relativity have done a lot of work on them, including Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne. A good book on this subject is Black holes and Timewarps, Einstein's Outrageous Legacy by Kip Thorne.

Drs. Eric Christian and Louis Barbier

2.Keeping a Wormhole Open?
I read that it is not known how to keep wormholes open. I was informed that extreme amounts of negative energy could in fact open and keep a wormhole open, opening up the possibility of intersteller or interdimensional travel through these theoretical holes. What is your opinion on this?
There is no known way to created these enormous amounts of negative energy; we currently don't know how to create or sustain a wormhole.

Dr. Eric Christian

3.What Does a Wormhole Look Like?
I was looking for an image of a wormhole on your site that showed the directional arrows of flow in and out of it, then I saw the image of the hurricane. Is a wormhole stationary in space, or is it more like a hurricane that is spinning as well?
The first thing I should say is that there is no proof that wormholes exist. They are allowed for in the math of General Relativity (which is our current best guess as to how the Universe works), but they've never been observed, and no one can figure out how one would actually be created. If they do exist, then there will probably be some material rotating around the outside of the wormhole and it might look "something" like a hurricane.

Dr. Eric Christian

4.What About Wormholes and Time Travel?
Concerning the question "What would have to be done in order to make time travel possible?", your reply gave the impression that time travel would only be possible though the use of the general theory of relativity, even though I have come across many other interesting theories in my research. For example, I have found that it would be possible to use a wormhole to travel through time since a wormhole is able to travel through space-time. What are some of the newer theores concerning time travel?
General Relativity is the only theory currently that appears to explain everything we know about space-time. Wormholes were "discovered" as an allowable solution to the math of General Relativity; they are not a separate theory. Also, a wormhole is not really a means of going back in time, it's a shortcut, so that something that was far away is much closer. (See the answer to the "Faster Than Speed of Light" question.)

Dr. Eric Christian

5.Time Travel
What would have to be done in order to make time travel possible?
The first answer I thought of is that the laws of physics would have to change. Now this does not necessarily mean that the Universe would have to change. Our understanding of the Universe, and the laws of physics that we use, are certainly imperfect. And general relativity does seem to allow some paths through space-time that may indicate a possibility for time travel, but these are way beyond our ability to test (for example, orbiting a multi-light-year long, supermassive rotating cylinder). So at the moment, there is certainly no known way for time travel.

Dr. Eric Christian

6.Particles Faster than Light
Are there any theories that would suggest that any particles could possibly go faster than the speed of light?
Tachyons are postulated as particles that might exceed the speed of light. For an excellent review, check out Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Tachyons.

Dr. Louis Barbier
(November 2001)

7.Faster Than Speed of Light?Is faster-than-light-speed possible? If so, does it involve the use of the Worm Hole Theory?
Faster than light speed is not possible within the theories that we currently think explain the Universe best. That does not mean that it is impossible, since our understanding of the Universe is limited. Many of us hope that some way will be found to circumvent "The Laws of Physics". A wormhole is not really a means of going faster than light (or backward or forward in time); it's a shortcut so that something that was far away is much closer. You can think of an ant on a piece of paper. If that ant could fold the paper around and poke a hole through it, it could get to the far end much faster than if it just walked. That's what a wormhole does in 3D space.

Dr. Eric Christian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A service of the Astrophysics Science Division at NASA's GSFC

Questions and comments to: cosmicopia@cosmicra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Curator: Beth Barbier, SP Systems
Responsible NASA Official: Dr. Tycho von Rosenvinge

Here's one for the kiddys.
http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/phon ... _may.shtml

“love to travel, But hate to arrive”
Albert Einstein.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013 7:06 am 
High King

DMT: The psychedelic drug 'produced in our brain' that the mind is yet to understand:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/11/08/dmt-drug-produced-our-brain

http://www.fractal-timewave.com/articles/Gallimore_Building_Alien_Worlds_JSE2013.pdf

and BTW:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/history/history_article3_psychoactives_in_precolumbian_mexico.pdf

http://www.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00753/full

http://altering-perspectives.com/2013/11/119-documentaries-expand-consciousness.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kkpxi6MayY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2li9E_94MA

:!:

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013 8:41 am 
High King

The scene towards the end of the is film is the closest you'll get to a DMT trip without ingesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry_(film)

Film is also know as Renegade. It's a visually beautiful film and a good western IMO :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2013 1:00 pm 
High King

this is the trip, I'd forgotten how good it is. Watch through to the end, it will blow you mind...trust me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-TBNKFRNpg

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2013 10:23 am 
High King

I took lots of ayahuasca in 81/82 when a friend brought it from Uyacali, Perú. The plant that helps your mind to leave the body! Lerne täglich zu "sterben" und du wirst ewig leben!

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013 6:42 am 
Grand Master

It looks like water, but hey...

:P

regards Hans