Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 16 Jan 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012 3:59 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Whoop wrote:
lovuian wrote:
I look at the Placebo effect
The placebo effect is one thing, and a powerful one I agree. Humankind is a suggestible species, and we can either suggest to ourselves or have others suggest to us. What we believe to be true is true, within limits to be defined experimentally and experientially. But we can only start to fly once we get rid of some of the extraneous unwanted nonsense in our lives. The emotional baggage that indoctrination by our culture and our personal health and experiences, often horrific, have instilled in our core being. Having been cheated and lied to so many times, who and what can we trust? It's natural, that is what our protective ego was all about, establishing our world view and immediate survival needs.

I was born to achieving parents, a mother who was an eye surgeon and a father with two degrees and a PhD. I have an elder sister, who is a medical doctor, an ordained Christian Minister and she recently got an arts degree too, so she pretty much has all bases covered. She's clever. But still not happy.

Me? I was a sickly asthmatic child, I never knew good health, I was the runt of the litter. Aged 15 I ended up in hospital with Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones. We both had the same terrible asthma. We had the same consultant too, Prof. Laurent. We played chess in the day room together, he was a thoughtful quiet man. I left hospital and within six months poor Brian was dead. He died of the same inhaler drug I was on called a Medihaler Iso Forte, made by Riker (you bastards). It nearly killed me too. In fact in a later book, called The Silent Epidemic, it was revealed that Medihalers were killing a good few thousand UK people a year, especially those under 20 years old. I went to the Stones' Hyde Park concert for Brian, watched the butterflies being released and mourned for a personal friend.

What did the authorities eventually do? they made Medihalers a class A drug overnight and I was not to have it ever again. I was left to cope without it, on my own, cold turkey, sad and alone, for many months. Abusive parents made it no better. I had no faith or belief left in any mainstream medical treatment, yet I still clung onto any faint hope medicine could give me for many many years after. A vain hope as it transpires. No placebo could placate me, and mostly the drugs they gave me were downright harmful, just like the Medihalers. Religious comfort just seemed like so much sentimentality for me and still does.

I did, however, have some compensatory experiences of my own, because I really needed to know. I once experienced reeling back along my own life into infancy until I hit a cold hard void. Nothing, nada, empty. Cold. Alone. Not dead, I was in full possession of memories and thoughts. What I experienced after that was my own birth. Light streamed into my eyes for the first time, a silver explosion of a brilliance so bright I cannot describe it, but as quickly as it came it went black again, blam, cut off. Pandemonium. I then started to see the nurses in the room. I heard and saw crazy panic in the room, nurses screaming. What I experienced was that my rather large overweight mother had rolled over on top of me in her own drugged stupor, her leg crushing my ribs into my lung, hence the rather abrupt end to my sense of wonderment and awe at being alive and ongoing breathing issues.

Happily I can relate that I did not ever have to experience that episode again and managed to die and be reborn in a somewhat more normal fashion on other occasions, with the clear light filling my world and soul. It is this that it seems is the goal of every mystic that ever lived. Everything is one, all opposites unite, everything simply just is. 'If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light', as a certain Palestinian is reputed to have said. How true. Pleasure and pain are one. The light is intense. You see cause and effect as happening in a blinding instant. Ask yourself a question in this state and you see the answer. I seemed to ask myself what life was all about and all I could come up with was that chaos and order were again two sides of the same coin. So what was actually happening? Yes, it was that hoary old chestnut love, it seemed to be that life simply seems to long for itself and wants to exist, somehow. Love is the binding force of the universe and is ultimately the only thing that makes any sense. For to deny this is to deny the purpose of life itself. If all there is is cold chaos and accident without love, then it did not seem to me to that this sparkling experience was likely to ever occur again for anyone, yet throughout history there it is and always has been. It seems to me to unfold according to a plan.

So there you stay in your world of beautiful undifferentiated oneness, in a state of grace or bliss or whatever until you start to ask yourself who you are and start to have a sense of self again. You settle back into the present and you come back to land in the here and now.

So what do you do? Do you say you've seen God? Have been at one with the universe? You are actually God in the form of man? Start a new religion? Add to all the fossilised circuses called religions already littering the planet? No, fortunately the majority of people all over the world in every age who get this message, and it is the same everywhere, simply get on with their lives, speak their truth gently when and where they see it is appropriate within their local communities. They work with nature, help the sick and the old, help the children and admire beauty and truth. Simple, nice honest people, I meet them everywhere.

What is different today from any other period in history we know of is the rate of change. There has never been a time where there has been such an explosion of rapid change - in communication, technology, knowledge of all kind. The rules change on a daily basis and it is hard for anyone anywhere to maintain a sane, balanced, lifestyle. Your parents' aspirations are unworkable. Yet I see in the young the same spirit that will carry them through with new ideals and ideas into the future, full of optimism.

Life is so precious. Don't waste it.


That was incredibly beautiful Whoop and brought tears to the eyes
You get it :wink: You have received quite a gift

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 686
lovuian wrote:
You have received quite a gift
I am not sure the health hell and pain I have been through in my life is all that great a gift, but I guess enough of a gift that I don't now give a rat's posterior whether I'm alive or dead except for the distress this might cause my wife and children. While I am alive it seems an incredible experience and I for one am going to enjoy it because I know I am not meant to live in fear and die fearing divine retribution for messing up somehow. All humans mess up, it goes with the life. Laugh at it, forgive yourself and if you think you did something wrong maybe try another way next time.

As for the death/clear light/rebirth experience, well it's not so rare. Maybe not common, but I know a dozen or so people I know who have had similar. On the other hand, I have met few who claim sensibly to have seen a UFO or had a close encounter.

What I do hate is personality cults surrounding various people in history where other people have put them on pedestals, said they were the only person to ever see the truth and gathered every snippet they ever uttered and bound it in gilt edged volumes, to be adored forever as objects of sacred veneration. Those who do this usually want to bask in the power and glory by association, to further their own needs. Many make a full-time living at it. Some find it a convenient tool with which to subjugate their people. When the active dynamic is not there, what you have left is at its best largely entertainment. which is OK, but it should be recognised as such, not mistaken for something more important.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012 3:09 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
I did, however, have some compensatory experiences of my own, because I really needed to know. I once experienced reeling back along my own life into infancy until I hit a cold hard void. Nothing, nada, empty. Cold. Alone. Not dead, I was in full possession of memories and thoughts. What I experienced after that was my own birth. Light streamed into my eyes for the first time, a silver explosion of a brilliance so bright I cannot describe it, but as quickly as it came it went black again, blam, cut off. Pandemonium. I then started to see the nurses in the room. I heard and saw crazy panic in the room, nurses screaming. What I experienced was that my rather large overweight mother had rolled over on top of me in her own drugged stupor, her leg crushing my ribs into my lung, hence the rather abrupt end to my sense of wonderment and awe at being alive and ongoing breathing issues.


interesting. I believe it was Aleister Crowley who suggested that asthma was in fact a psychosomatic condition that stems from an very early incident in the life of the patient where the patient became trapped by something and could not breath. The subsequent later attacks were reprised by this incident and could almost be described as a fear of breathing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012 7:47 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 686
Davinho wrote:
interesting. I believe it was Aleister Crowley who suggested that asthma was in fact a psychosomatic condition that stems from an very early incident in the life of the patient where the patient became trapped by something and could not breath. The subsequent later attacks were reprised by this incident and could almost be described as a fear of breathing
I think I would agree with you and the Laird of Boleskine.

It is with me still. Not exactly panic, but if I think about it when I breathe in I feel I should be breathing out and vice versa. Breathing is not a natural occurrence for me. I actually have something now far worse, probably because of the asthmatic damage and the crappy medical treatment.

I've got a friend who was trapped in a small trunk when he was a kid and developed asthma.

I have another friend who developed asthma due to the trauma of his father being used as part of Saddam Hussein's human shield in the first Gulf War. I've met the father. He got £10,000 compensation but drank all that in whisky years ago. Small comfort for living in a small room with a dozen or so other people, shit and vomit everywhere and soldiers gobbing and peeing on you, poking rifles up your nose every day threatening to kill you, for several months on end.

When people fake asthma in sitcoms and films they always wheeze on the in breath, sucking air in noisily, whereas asthmatics wheeze on the out breath.

I have a toolset to overcome it. These days nobody credits the fact I have an issue, which is fine by me. Except I am working on 40% of the lung power of a normal person. So if people want to walk at a fast pace and have me chat away at the same time they are out of luck. If I go much lower I am probably dead. I'll let you know when that happens. My crazy teacher has a death day. Predicted by a lady when he was 10 in 1951. Everything else she said has come to pass. He's due to die 28th August 2039, 4 days before his 98th birthday.

I wouldn't go so far as Crowley to say that syphilis is good for you. He was an extraordinary man, for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 2426
Location: Vienna, Austria
AFAIK acupuncture can cure asthma. Give it a try, John.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 7:52 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as Crowley to say that syphilis is good for you.


haha can't say I've heard that quote before. Sounds to me like an excuse he would say to a potential lover

"All that pus? It's fine in fact it's good for you...dig in"

I know he sold his semen as part of an "Elixir of Life"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 11:34 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 2910
Whoop wrote:
lovuian wrote:
I look at the Placebo effect
The placebo effect is one thing, and a powerful one I agree. Humankind is a suggestible species, and we can either suggest to ourselves or have others suggest to us. What we believe to be true is true, within limits to be defined experimentally and experientially. But we can only start to fly once we get rid of some of the extraneous unwanted nonsense in our lives. The emotional baggage that indoctrination by our culture and our personal health and experiences, often horrific, have instilled in our core being. Having been cheated and lied to so many times, who and what can we trust? It's natural, that is what our protective ego was all about, establishing our world view and immediate survival needs.

I was born to achieving parents, a mother who was an eye surgeon and a father with two degrees and a PhD. I have an elder sister, who is a medical doctor, an ordained Christian Minister and she recently got an arts degree too, so she pretty much has all bases covered. She's clever. But still not happy.

Me? I was a sickly asthmatic child, I never knew good health, I was the runt of the litter. Aged 15 I ended up in hospital with Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones. We both had the same terrible asthma. We had the same consultant too, Prof. Laurent. We played chess in the day room together, he was a thoughtful quiet man. I left hospital and within six months poor Brian was dead. He died of the same inhaler drug I was on called a Medihaler Iso Forte, made by Riker (you bastards). It nearly killed me too. In fact in a later book, called The Silent Epidemic, it was revealed that Medihalers were killing a good few thousand UK people a year, especially those under 20 years old. I went to the Stones' Hyde Park concert for Brian, watched the butterflies being released and mourned for a personal friend.

What did the authorities eventually do? they made Medihalers a class A drug overnight and I was not to have it ever again. I was left to cope without it, on my own, cold turkey, sad and alone, for many months. Abusive parents made it no better. I had no faith or belief left in any mainstream medical treatment, yet I still clung onto any faint hope medicine could give me for many many years after. A vain hope as it transpires. No placebo could placate me, and mostly the drugs they gave me were downright harmful, just like the Medihalers. Religious comfort just seemed like so much sentimentality for me and still does.

I did, however, have some compensatory experiences of my own, because I really needed to know. I once experienced reeling back along my own life into infancy until I hit a cold hard void. Nothing, nada, empty. Cold. Alone. Not dead, I was in full possession of memories and thoughts. What I experienced after that was my own birth. Light streamed into my eyes for the first time, a silver explosion of a brilliance so bright I cannot describe it, but as quickly as it came it went black again, blam, cut off. Pandemonium. I then started to see the nurses in the room. I heard and saw crazy panic in the room, nurses screaming. What I experienced was that my rather large overweight mother had rolled over on top of me in her own drugged stupor, her leg crushing my ribs into my lung, hence the rather abrupt end to my sense of wonderment and awe at being alive and ongoing breathing issues.

Happily I can relate that I did not ever have to experience that episode again and managed to die and be reborn in a somewhat more normal fashion on other occasions, with the clear light filling my world and soul. It is this that it seems is the goal of every mystic that ever lived. Everything is one, all opposites unite, everything simply just is. 'If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light', as a certain Palestinian is reputed to have said. How true. Pleasure and pain are one. The light is intense. You see cause and effect as happening in a blinding instant. Ask yourself a question in this state and you see the answer. I seemed to ask myself what life was all about and all I could come up with was that chaos and order were again two sides of the same coin. So what was actually happening? Yes, it was that hoary old chestnut love, it seemed to be that life simply seems to long for itself and wants to exist, somehow. Love is the binding force of the universe and is ultimately the only thing that makes any sense. For to deny this is to deny the purpose of life itself. If all there is is cold chaos and accident without love, then it did not seem to me to that this sparkling experience was likely to ever occur again for anyone, yet throughout history there it is and always has been. It seems to me to unfold according to a plan.

So there you stay in your world of beautiful undifferentiated oneness, in a state of grace or bliss or whatever until you start to ask yourself who you are and start to have a sense of self again. You settle back into the present and you come back to land in the here and now.

So what do you do? Do you say you've seen God? Have been at one with the universe? You are actually God in the form of man? Start a new religion? Add to all the fossilised circuses called religions already littering the planet? No, fortunately the majority of people all over the world in every age who get this message, and it is the same everywhere, simply get on with their lives, speak their truth gently when and where they see it is appropriate within their local communities. They work with nature, help the sick and the old, help the children and admire beauty and truth. Simple, nice honest people, I meet them everywhere.

What is different today from any other period in history we know of is the rate of change. There has never been a time where there has been such an explosion of rapid change - in communication, technology, knowledge of all kind. The rules change on a daily basis and it is hard for anyone anywhere to maintain a sane, balanced, lifestyle. Your parents' aspirations are unworkable. Yet I see in the young the same spirit that will carry them through with new ideals and ideas into the future, full of optimism.

Life is so precious. Don't waste it.



Thank you.

_________________
When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2014 7:34 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 2801
Location: Winchester
Light on Mars (but various rational explanations sadly mooted):

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/N ... 387337.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2014 3:42 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
richard.webster wrote:
Light on Mars (but various rational explanations sadly mooted):

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/N ... 387337.php

Yep I saw it too Richard lots of questions coming out of Mars

The Jelly doughnut ....one scientist sued NASA to check if there was a fungus on the rock
A guy named truthseeker found a close up of a cross ....just like get this some of the Calvary crosses around RLC ...not kidding....Now for some its just a weird abnormal picture from Rover but on the other hand for some of us it does look like a cross. Lots of weird things on Mars and I believe they have discovered water there

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014 7:15 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 2801
Location: Winchester
lovuian wrote:
Yep I saw it too Richard lots of questions coming out of Mars

The Jelly doughnut ....one scientist sued NASA to check if there was a fungus on the rock
A guy named truthseeker found a close up of a cross ....just like get this some of the Calvary crosses around RLC ...not kidding....Now for some its just a weird abnormal picture from Rover but on the other hand for some of us it does look like a cross. Lots of weird things on Mars and I believe they have discovered water there


Yes, there are lots of interesting things being discovered at the moment, including the possibility of a massive amount of water beneath the surface of Saturn's moon Enceladus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26872184

Also, something to look forward to over on your side of the Atlantic is the forthcoming lunar eclipse.

Quote:
On April 15, at 1:58 a.m., the moon will move into Earth's shadow. The full lunar eclipse—when the entirety of the moon is shaded by Earth—begins just over an hour later at 3:07 a.m. and lasts until 4:25 a.m.
The eclipse will be visible across almost the entire continental United States, most of Canada and Central America and parts of South America.
The coming red moon, which you may have heard called a "blood moon," is a perfectly natural occurrence.
Every time the moon passes completely into the shadow of the Earth, it turns a reddish color—sometimes a bright copper, other times the dark reddish brown of dried blood.
The red color occurs because even when the Earth has moved directly between the moon and the sun, the scattered light from all the sunsets and sunrises on the rim of our globe still make it to the moon's surface.
"If you were standing on the moon during a total lunar eclipse you would see the Earth as a black disk with a brilliant orange ring around it," said Alan MacRobert of Sky and Telescope magazine. "And this brilliant ring would be bright enough to dimly light up the lunar landscape."
It has been a long time since a total lunar eclipse has been visible from North America. According to MacRobert, the last one took place on Dec. 11, 2011. But the good news is there are three more on the way after this one.
This lunar eclipse is the first in what is called an eclipse tetrad—four successive lunar eclipses with no partial lunar eclipses in between.
The next one, which also will be visible from nearly all of North America, will take place in October.


http://www.thespec.com/news-story/44523 ... next-week/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014 7:39 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
it's been explained already

like the "tirangular craft" on the moon I posted a while back, the problem is with laymen like us looking at things we have not seen before and things then gets escalated. Even when an explanation is given it's too late, the sentiment is out there. People still think there's a triangular spaceship on the moon :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014 3:54 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
richard.webster wrote:
lovuian wrote:
Yep I saw it too Richard lots of questions coming out of Mars

The Jelly doughnut ....one scientist sued NASA to check if there was a fungus on the rock
A guy named truthseeker found a close up of a cross ....just like get this some of the Calvary crosses around RLC ...not kidding....Now for some its just a weird abnormal picture from Rover but on the other hand for some of us it does look like a cross. Lots of weird things on Mars and I believe they have discovered water there


Yes, there are lots of interesting things being discovered at the moment, including the possibility of a massive amount of water beneath the surface of Saturn's moon Enceladus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26872184

Also, something to look forward to over on your side of the Atlantic is the forthcoming lunar eclipse.

Quote:
On April 15, at 1:58 a.m., the moon will move into Earth's shadow. The full lunar eclipse—when the entirety of the moon is shaded by Earth—begins just over an hour later at 3:07 a.m. and lasts until 4:25 a.m.
The eclipse will be visible across almost the entire continental United States, most of Canada and Central America and parts of South America.
The coming red moon, which you may have heard called a "blood moon," is a perfectly natural occurrence.
Every time the moon passes completely into the shadow of the Earth, it turns a reddish color—sometimes a bright copper, other times the dark reddish brown of dried blood.
The red color occurs because even when the Earth has moved directly between the moon and the sun, the scattered light from all the sunsets and sunrises on the rim of our globe still make it to the moon's surface.
"If you were standing on the moon during a total lunar eclipse you would see the Earth as a black disk with a brilliant orange ring around it," said Alan MacRobert of Sky and Telescope magazine. "And this brilliant ring would be bright enough to dimly light up the lunar landscape."
It has been a long time since a total lunar eclipse has been visible from North America. According to MacRobert, the last one took place on Dec. 11, 2011. But the good news is there are three more on the way after this one.
This lunar eclipse is the first in what is called an eclipse tetrad—four successive lunar eclipses with no partial lunar eclipses in between.
The next one, which also will be visible from nearly all of North America, will take place in October.


http://www.thespec.com/news-story/44523 ... next-week/


Yes I saw that Blood Moons
Mars Earth and the Sun are in alignment which hasn't been seen since 500 years.

The Tetrad is happening during Easter and Passover I believe
a significant time

When you watch what is being played out in the Ukraine with Russia and America and China

It could make one nervous

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014 4:01 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Davinho wrote:
it's been explained already

like the "tirangular craft" on the moon I posted a while back, the problem is with laymen like us looking at things we have not seen before and things then gets escalated. Even when an explanation is given it's too late, the sentiment is out there. People still think there's a triangular spaceship on the moon :mrgreen:


The reason people question "explanations" is because credibility is lost........like telling the UN that there are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq

just so they can start a preemptive war .....later the people are told oops we made a mistake


We once thought the moon and Mars didn't have water because we couldn't see it......but that has been proven wrong

just saying people don't trust explanations from NASA
WHY
Because I talked to a insider at NASA personally ....I live in Houston.....and he pointed out that NASA works for the US MILITARY
and don't forget that when you hear "explanations from them"

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2014 5:05 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
The reason people question "explanations" is because credibility is lost........like telling the UN that there are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq


but people will catch a ball and run wildly with it, sound familiar? And your analogy is not comparable. We are talking about technical details that many people are ignorant of. They see something they don't understand and believe it to be something else because of their limited knowledge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2014 1:05 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Davinho wrote:
Quote:
The reason people question "explanations" is because credibility is lost........like telling the UN that there are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq


but people will catch a ball and run wildly with it, sound familiar? And your analogy is not comparable. We are talking about technical details that many people are ignorant of. They see something they don't understand and believe it to be something else because of their limited knowledge.


I get your point
but remember my point
Lots of people are labeled "conspiracy theorists or paranoid or crazy"......and yet we find out that what many revealed did happen

one example NSA

Secrecy concerning Military Defense and National Security are very important and not revealed to the general public
and that was my point

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2014 10:34 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
Lots of people are labeled "conspiracy theorists or paranoid or crazy".


and lots and lots of people are. Of course conspiracies exist but the conspiracy "industry" is gigantic now and can be used to manipulate beliefs of people without the proper background to be able to dispute it. This is how anti-semetism is fuelled


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014 3:53 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Davinho wrote:
Quote:
Lots of people are labeled "conspiracy theorists or paranoid or crazy".


and lots and lots of people are. Of course conspiracies exist but the conspiracy "industry" is gigantic now and can be used to manipulate beliefs of people without the proper background to be able to dispute it. This is how anti-semetism is fuelled


I enjoy your arguments
Your right the "conspiracy industry" exists


and the reason it exists is because " the credibility of our governments, political figures, and media" have taken hits

It's why we have "freedom of Speech" because for "centuries" anybody who spoke against the King or Church or State was arrested or killed or jailed or placed in a lunatic asylum. I agree there are crazy people out there but it still remains our right to "Freedom of Speech"


remember
We are told many truths later found to be lies

It's why we argue and give our VIEWS ....they may differ but we have the right to do so

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014 7:42 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2010 5:37 pm
Posts: 1601
lovuian wrote:
Davinho wrote:
Quote:
Lots of people are labeled "conspiracy theorists or paranoid or crazy".


and lots and lots of people are. Of course conspiracies exist but the conspiracy "industry" is gigantic now and can be used to manipulate beliefs of people without the proper background to be able to dispute it. This is how anti-semetism is fuelled


I enjoy your arguments
Your right the "conspiracy industry" exists


and the reason it exists is because " the credibility of our governments, political figures, and media" have taken hits

It's why we have "freedom of Speech" because for "centuries" anybody who spoke against the King or Church or State was arrested or killed or jailed or placed in a lunatic asylum. I agree there are crazy people out there but it still remains our right to "Freedom of Speech"


remember
We are told many truths later found to be lies

It's why we argue and give our VIEWS ....they may differ but we have the right to do so



You really think that you have 'freedom of speech'? How many people have 'spoken out' and then been imprisoned or are being chased for revealing 'state secrets'?
Don't you see a problem where the main exceptions to 'free speech' involve the organization that controls 'free speech'?

Do you not think that such 'rights' actually become the problem - as because they are written down, the 'people' believe then that those rights exist and never then question what is going on.

We have laws on fraud, insider trading and general controls on the roles of directors and financial institutions in general, but not one 'banker' has been prosecuted even though the whole world agrees that 'irregularities' occurred.

Religion is no longer the opium of the masses. Law, rights and science are taking over and we all wander round thinking that we're 'safe' as we have 'rights'.

_________________
"One day it will have to be officially admitted that what we have christened reality is an even greater illusion than the world of dreams."

Salvador Dali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014 9:59 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
and the reason it exists is because " the credibility of our governments, political figures, and media" have taken hits


industries (the clue is in the word) exist because they make money. I can't believe after all that has happened with the RlC industry over the last few years that it seems to have passed people by. It should be a perfect example to you as to why the conspiracy industry has grown so big

Does this idiot really believe everything he prattles on about

Image

or does he say the things he does because he is the producer of Ancient Aliens?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 2:52 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Well if your asking are their people who have seen or believe in UFO's

well there are
and they all don't believe it for money


Jimmy Carter, Astronauts, military pilots, governors, etc...have described encounters


It's getting closer and closer
the announcement that extraterrestrial life exists especially at the microbe stage

I won't be surprised but many will.

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 9:12 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
Quote:
Well if your asking are their people who have seen or believe in UFO's

well there are
and they all don't believe it for money


Quote:
believe in UFO's


That's a pretty dumb thing to say
Definition of UFO - unidentified flying object. What could be defined as a UFO by me or you would probably be identifiable to an astronomer etc. I saw a spectacular flying object on top of Bugarach. If I had my head in the clouds (pardon the pun) I could say it's another example of aliens on the magic mountain but I'm pragmatic enough to realise it was likely a "shooting star" - I was just happy to witness it.

Quote:
have described encounters


They have seen something in the sky. Jimmy Carter was no astronomer as far as I know and there are a variety of explanations for what some astronauts have seen. You must look at all possibilities but I know you only want one to be correct and it's not the boring old one that doesn't involve aliens is it?

Quote:
the announcement that extraterrestrial life exists especially at the microbe stage


so what? Microbes are one thing, you're speaking of an advanced alien races with the ability to travel huge interstellar distances but are in fact very, very shy and even though they would seem to be so far advanced they just leave us be. But I'm sure you've come up with some other assumption as to why that is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 12:30 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 27 Sep 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 546
Location: London
Davinho wrote:
That's a pretty dumb thing to say


Quoted for the truth of the statement.


Davinho wrote:
Jimmy Carter was no astronomer as far as I know and there are a variety of explanations for what some astronauts have seen. You must look at all possibilities but I know you only want one to be correct and it's not the boring old one that doesn't involve aliens is it?


Carter has stated on a number of occasions that he has never thought that he saw an alien spacecraft. It was always just a mystery to him, an unidentified object that was flying. Most investigators think he was looking at Venus, it was in the sky exactly where his strange object was and yet he didn't see it. When interviewed some years later, most of the people that he was with didn't even remember the incident, so it was not a "close encounter" with a strange spacecraft, just a light in the sky. If it wasn't Venus it could have been almost anything else.

_________________
The Truth is in here:

http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/index.shtml

http://priory-of-sion.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
All right Robert and Davinho
step up

Do you believe we will find extraterrestrial LIFE (microbes, animals, plants,etc...) out there in space?

Is it possible?
and by the way Davinho don't put words in my mouth I said LIFE
Life comes in many forms but realize the Darwin's evolution talks about us starting at the microbe stage.....

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Last edited by lovuian on 15 Apr 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 3:43 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Texas
Davinho wrote:
Quote:
Well if your asking are their people who have seen or believe in UFO's

well there are
and they all don't believe it for money


Quote:
believe in UFO's


That's a pretty dumb thing to say
Definition of UFO - unidentified flying object. What could be defined as a UFO by me or you would probably be identifiable to an astronomer etc. I saw a spectacular flying object on top of Bugarach. If I had my head in the clouds (pardon the pun) I could say it's another example of aliens on the magic mountain but I'm pragmatic enough to realise it was likely a "shooting star" - I was just happy to witness it.

Quote:
have described encounters


They have seen something in the sky. Jimmy Carter was no astronomer as far as I know and there are a variety of explanations for what some astronauts have seen. You must look at all possibilities but I know you only want one to be correct and it's not the boring old one that doesn't involve aliens is it?

Quote:
the announcement that extraterrestrial life exists especially at the microbe stage


so what? Microbes are one thing, you're speaking of an advanced alien races with the ability to travel huge interstellar distances but are in fact very, very shy and even though they would seem to be so far advanced they just leave us be. But I'm sure you've come up with some other assumption as to why that is.


Ahhhh now your admitting that you saw a UFO on Mount Bugarach...before it was a camera malfunction

What was it?

I believe you saw a possible UFO and Bugarach is known for them
Just like Jimmy Carter and many thousands of people
They are not "crazy" but they did see it

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2574
You seem to have a real problem with defining the term UFO. Let me try and be as clear as possible. It means something in the sky that the observer is not able to identify. IT. DOES. NOT. MEAN. ALIEN. SPACECRAFT

Quote:
Do you believe we will find extraterrestrial LIFE (microbes, animals, plants,etc...) out there in space?

Is it possible?
and by the way Davinho don't put words in my mouth I said LIFE
Life comes in many forms but realize the Darwin's evolution talks about us starting at the microbe stage


I'm not putting words in your mouth, you do that pretty well yourself. You brought up microbes. Do you think these microbes are flying around in their own space craft? Why else bring them up unless you want to make an analogy that because mircobes may exist that therefore intelligent creatures are visiting this planet in flying craft.

Quote:
Ahhhh now your admitting that you saw a UFO on Mount Bugarach...before it was a camera malfunction


I wasn't refering to the sun flare in my film on youtube I was refering to a "shooting star" I saw at night. The only reason I once thought that was something interesting in that film was three quarters of a bottle of Fleurie. Anyone with any sense can see it's lens flare.

Quote:
What was it?


lens flare

Quote:
I believe you saw a possible UFO and Bugarach is known for them


ok so despite being told it's lens flare, despite it following the direction of the camera, despite photographers I know saying "IT IS LENS FLARE", despite me not seeing anything at the time and depsite me being there and you not you're telling me what it is? I think it's now pretty clear how your mind works


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group