Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 17 Jan 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 12:24 pm 
Grand Master

Hi,

From The Guardian Oct 27th 2011:

Quote:
'A secretive donor in the Liam Fox affair who gained access to a defence minister for a private meeting is a defence lobbyist who has used a false name and given the impression he worked for British intelligence...The lobbyist, Stephen Crouch...is registered at Companies House as a directer under the name Stephen Crouch Plantard de Saint-Clair. Pierre Plantard de Saint-Clair was a notorious French hoaxer who died in 2000, and who fabricated the legend of the so-called Priory of Sion, which figured in the best-selling fantasy thriller The Da Vinci Code. BDG Management Ltd, which until last year paid Crouch fees for introducing civil engineering business in Iraq, said: "[Crouch] said it was a hereditary name or title which he was entitled to use"'

Regards,

Spartacus

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 5:02 pm 
High King

http://powerbase.info/index.php/Stephen_Crouch :D

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 5:40 pm 
Queen Bee

tingra wrote:
http://powerbase.info/index.php/Stephen_Crouch :D

Yep. A colleague of "Sir" Edward Artis of Knightsbridge International. "Defence lobbyist" is a more PC term for what used to be called "gun runners".

Mr. Crouch often dispenses with his real surname altogether and goes by simply "Stephen Plantard de Saint-Clair" and has told "certain people" that he's Pierre's first cousin.

It's a tangled web, but go deep enough and you'll find most of our favorites. :lol:

TCP

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 5:59 pm 
High King

Oh yes :D and here's another one mentioned that I came across a while ago but can't remember how or why :lol:

I must have had a good reason for keeping it though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/who-i ... 59724.html

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 10:10 pm 
High King

"According to The Guardian Liam Fox arranged for Verrity and Crouch to meet the Arms Minister, Gerald Howarth."

The company he keeps ! :roll:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 10:11 pm 
Emperor

tingra wrote:
Oh yes :D and here's another one mentioned that I came across a while ago but can't remember how or why :lol:

I must have had a good reason for keeping it though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/who-i ... 59724.html

Bougainville saw U.N. forces go in completely unarmed. It could have been done in other ways but providing "Peace monitors" managed to diffuse the situation - I guess you can be cynical about the mining in the region but I actually think that it was extraordinary measures to gain peace for the island. It was against popular opinion at the time but it worked.

Another thing about the Islands are they are politically important because their vote in the U.N. is normally courted by large countries through aid and kickbacks.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 10:18 pm 
Emperor

Pilrig wrote:
"According to The Guardian Liam Fox arranged for Verrity and Crouch to meet the Arms Minister, Gerald Howarth."

Pilrig, what are you suggesting? :lol: Maybe they were just getting together to talk about their spiritual orientations :lol:

A dinner date involving tea, coffee and the Philosopher's stone.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011 11:25 pm 
Emperor

Also supposedly Michael Hintze was also one of the men behind Werrity :arrow: Fox.

Quote:
Michael Hintze (b. c. 1953) is an Australian/British businessman, philanthropist and political patron, based in the United Kingdom. According to the latest Forbes Rich List, he is the world’s 880th richest person, worth $1.2 billion.[1][2][3]

Quote:
Early life

After his Russian nobility related grandparents fled Russia post the 1917 Bolshevik revolution,[2] he was born in the Chinese city of Harbin. After Mao Tse-tung and the Chinese Communist Party took over power, his refugee parents fled to Australia.[1]

Raised by his secretary mother in Sydney, he was educated at the local Christian Brothers school. He then graduated from the University of Sydney having studied physics and engineering, residing at St John's College, and then took an MBA at Harvard University.

Quote:
Mr. Michael Hintze, an associate at Goldman, Sachs & Company in New York, received bachelor's degrees in science and electrical engineering from the University of Sydney, served as a captain the Australian Army and received a master's in acoustics from the University of New South Wales, where his father is a professor of engineering.

Quote:
Career

On graduation, he joined the Australian Army for three years, raising to the rank of Captain.[1]

Moving to New York to train in financial services, he worked for Salomon Brothers and Credit Swiss First Boston. Relocating to London with them, he then became Head of Equity Trading at Goldman Sachs.

In 1999 he launched his own hedge fund company, CQS,[4] and has been cited in the press as one of the highest paid people in the City of London.[5]

[edit] Philanthophy

With his wife Dorothy, Hintze set up the Hintze Family Charitable Foundation, which has given significant and wide-ranging philanthropic support to around 150 different causes, focusing mainly on health, education, religion and the arts.[1]

Among major donations, he has established the chair of International Security at the University of Sydney, enabled the restoration of Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Pauline Chapel at the Vatican and sponsored two major galleries at the Victoria and Albert Museum. He also came to the aid of Wandsworth Museum, which was facing imminent closure by offering a £2,000,000 rescue package while co-chairing Clapham's Trinity Hospice campaign for a new in-patient centre which has now been completed. Through CQS and the Hintze Family Charitable Foundation he provided funding to create a 'theatre in the round' at the Old Vic in London. Most recent projects have included sponsorship of an iconic exhibition of Raphael's Tapestries for the Sistine Chapel at the V&A and a £2,000,000 donation to the National Gallery.

Hintze currently serves as chairman of the Prince’s Foundation for the Built Environment, a trustee of the National Gallery, the Institute of Economic Affairs, the University of Sydney Trust and Wandsworth Museum. He also serves on the International Council of the V&A and is Chairman of the UK Patrons of the Arts of the Vatican Museums. In 2009 he was appointed vice-president of the Public Monuments and Sculpture Association.

[edit] Conservative party donations

In 2006, at the time of the Cash for Peerages allegations concerning the Labour Party, Hintze voluntarily revealed he was one of the previously anonymous patrons who had made loans to the Conservative Party.[6] To date his known loans and donations to the party total around £4million.[1] In the five months to September 2011 he donated £31,000, enough to grant him membership to the Conservative Treasurers’ Group, the second highest rung on the party's donor’s ladder, which allows its members access to senior Conservative figures through a series of lunches, receptions and campaign launches.[7]

When the Conservative Party were in opposition, Hintze provided the following personal cash donations: £37,500 to George Osborne; £25,000 to David Willetts; £10,000 to the private office of Dr Liam Fox MP; £1,200 to Theresa May; £7,000 to David Davis; £1,500 to Adam Holloway; £5,000 Boris Johnson.[1] In addition, CQS made non-cash donations of: £25,763 to William Hague; £10,439 to Dr Liam Fox; £1,254 to George Osborne.[1] In May 2008, David Cameron declared a donation from Hintze to the Conservative Party that was used to pay for drinks receptions for Tory MPs and their partners. In March 2008, Hintze paid for a private jet to ferry Cameron and George Osborne from Newcastle to Biggin Hill after the Conservative Party conference.[1]

In October 2011, it was revealed that Adam Werritty, a close friend and business associate of then Secretary of State for Defence Dr Liam Fox MP, was provided with a free desk by Hintze at CQS's London base as part of his £29,000 donation to Fox's charity Atlantic Bridge.[2][8] Hintze also supplied a private jet for Fox and Werritty to fly from the United States to London in May 2011.[9]

[edit] Awards

He was made a Knight Commander of the Order of St. Gregory by Pope Benedict XVI in 2005.

[edit] Personal life

Married to American citizen Dorothy, whom he met at Harvard, the couple have four children, all educated at British state schools.[1] The family live in Balham in the London Borough of Wandsworth.[2]

Quote:
Along with his wife Dorothy, Michael Hintze has significant and wide-ranging philanthropic interests and currently supports around 150 different causes. Among major donations, he has established the chair of International Security at the University of Sydney

:mrgreen:

Quote:
Australia or England for the Ashes? Australia every time
When England are playing Australia at cricket, he supports the Aussies every time, but his children cheer for England. He does not hold it against them.

Okay, he's redeemed.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011 8:56 pm 
High King

rain wrote:
Pilrig wrote:

Pilrig, what are you suggesting? :lol: Maybe they were just getting together to talk about their spiritual orientations :lol:

A dinner date involving tea, coffee and the Philosopher's stone.

I reckon the only spirit this trio would be interested in would be that found in a bottle.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011 8:58 pm 
High King

Hooks, crooks and comic singers, as my auld fella used to say.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011 10:01 pm 
Emperor

Pilrig wrote:
Hooks, crooks and comic singers, as my auld fella used to say.

This is about the privitisation of war. Those behind the Werrity-Fox business are just the tip of the iceberg. It would not be the U.K.'s open policy to outsource their defense department and yet the same organisations being blamed for "setting them up" mainly the U.S. is unapologetic about doing this to their own organisation. IMO they wear it better and being a republic do not rely on oversight in the same manner as the British. (but lets not pretend we're unaware of the comments Prince Charles has made about private armies)

As someone said this policy of the privtisation of war would have to done with the explicit knowledge of all the allies involved. The fact that charges of alledged misconduct and even treason have been bandied about are to give a false impression that nobody knew what was going on outside of Fox and to imply the entire British Defence force has no intelligence whatsoever. And whom now protects him against wider base of questioning?
To put it in perspective "What a load - of codswollop :P ".

Quote:
The outsourcing of of intelligence activities is now a $50 billion-a-year business that consumes up to 70 percent of the U.S. intelligence budget. And it's a business that the government has tried hard to keep under wraps. Spies for Hire by Tim Shorrock

Quote:
Corporations such as Booz Allen Hamilton, Lockheed Martin SAIC,....IBM have become full partners with the CIA, the National Security Agency, and the Pentagon in their most sensitve foreign and domestic operations.

So if the British Defense Department is covertly doing business with the U.S. and Israel, the question must be asked whom are they really doing business with? Is it a band of companies that that have over 70% of the U.S.'s contracts?.... Does the penetration of Governments smart enough to place foreign operatives within these private organisations then have access to some of these Nation's most important intelligence? How compromised are these Nation's defense forces? And whose Agenda's are we really running?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011 10:21 pm 
High King

When our PM 'Dave' Cameron visited Cairo after Mubarak had been deposed he did so with a team of arms dealers in tow.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011 11:12 pm 
Queen Bee

Stephen Plantard de Saint-Clair"
it would seem some people in the family believed they have a right to use it

and are not ashamed of their uncle Plantard

and it seems this family has ties in very very high places ...dealing with many secret agencies
perhaps the Priory of Zion still exists

Michael Hintze

Quote:
He was made a Knight Commander of the Order of St. Gregory by Pope Benedict XVI in 2005.

:shock:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 2:02 am 
Emperor

lovuian wrote:

What part of "Stephen Crouch is not related to Pierre Plantard at all" do you not understand Lovuian?

Pierre plantard and the Priory of Sion is a "Euphemism" for dealing in intelligence, politics and war mongering, i.e.arms deals.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 4:44 am 
Queen Bee

I remember awhile back Rain when some were talking about how some of us mentioned
the possibility that Plantard was working with an intelligence agency

and we got jumped all over

and just now things seem to be flowing in that direction
Plantard is now a code name for intelligence politics and wars
before many were saying he was a liar and a fool of no consequence

Just interesting how times change :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 8:11 am 
Emperor

lovuian wrote:
I remember awhile back Rain when some were talking about how some of us mentioned
the possibility that Plantard was working with an intelligence agency

and we got jumped all over

and just now things seem to be flowing in that direction
Plantard is now a code name for intelligence politics and wars
before many were saying he was a liar and a fool of no consequence

Just interesting how times change :mrgreen:

There are two Plantards, one during the war and the one after. It's not easy to box Plantard and there are parts of him - for instance his writing, that I still quite like. He had an ability as they say with symbology and rarely on this forum do we see it but really well written articles.
As for working for an intelligence agency - I think it was more like he was pro-gaullist, FFI which meant after the war there was no official room for him so he became creative.
You'll notice one of the hiring criteria is training with special forces or the government before they outsource themselves to private interest groups. It's just carrying on a tradition.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 3:37 pm 
Queen Bee

rain wrote:
lovuian wrote:

What part of "Stephen Crouch is not related to Pierre Plantard at all" do you not understand Lovuian?

Consider to whom you're posing this question, Rain...

rain wrote:
Pierre plantard and the Priory of Sion is a "Euphemism" for dealing in intelligence, politics and war mongering, i.e.arms deals.

And money laundering, don't forget about that.

TCP

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 9:25 pm 
Emperor

TCP wrote:
And money laundering, don't forget about that.

TCP

Dirty wars, dirty money, what do they call it "fundraising".

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011 5:10 pm 
Queen Bee

Pilrig wrote:

You don't know the half of it, but everytime I've tried to post links it the last couple of days I get error messages saying I don't have permission to post on this server. Other messages get through though. Curious...

TCP

Just tried it again, a string of about 9 URLS nd they're blocked from posting on this server. Other messages post just fine though.

TCP

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011 5:19 pm 
Queen Bee

I'm going to try these one at a time...

http://www.charlestannock.com/biography.asp

TCP

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011 5:19 pm 
Queen Bee

Here goes two...

http://www.anthonybailey.org.uk/#!

TCP

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011 5:21 pm