Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 22 Sep 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gus Stiver is back
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 1:12 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Tucson, Az. USA
Gus has been studying German so that he can write poems to Ben in German.

He doesn`t use the translator so only Arthur Emmans and other German speakers can read them.

Where did Gus find all of these people? Some are from Arcadia Forum but many are not and are Rennes fans.

His pages have been quiet for a long time, it`s not like the discussion has gone over to social media. There were

comments after the vandal at RLC of course and the Rennes newspapers post the latest. The new book by Patrice Chaplin

includes the mystery of Rennes. Irmine was defending Plantard on Arcadia for a long time, correct?

_________________
From the Borderlands - mjastudio.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gus Stiver is back
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
High King

Joined: 26 Oct 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 3196
Location: Livingston, Scotland.
Renne wrote:
Gus has been studying German so that he can write poems to Ben in German.

He doesn`t use the translator so only Arthur Emmans and other German speakers can read them.

Where did Gus find all of these people? Some are from Arcadia Forum but many are not and are Rennes fans.

His pages have been quiet for a long time, it`s not like the discussion has gone over to social media. There were

comments after the vandal at RLC of course and the Rennes newspapers post the latest. The new book by Patrice Chaplin

includes the mystery of Rennes. Irmine was defending Plantard on Arcadia for a long time, correct?


Why would 'Gus' want to write to 'Ben' in German ? 'Ben' is English !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
High King

Joined: 26 Oct 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 3196
Location: Livingston, Scotland.
HollyDolly wrote:
Boy have i missed a lot. I know i haven't been here much , but I always enojyed the discussions.

You've arrived to witness the site in the doldrums. Roscoe, after threatening to leave for the umpteenth time :lol: was less than polite to some of the regulars, some of whom of a snowflake tendency had a hissy fit and left to create their own RLC site, which, btw, is bloody difficult to navigate :roll:
Oh and Paul Smith made a brief appearance on the other site. :lol:

"Human, all too human"
-Nietzsche
"Nowt as queer as folk !"
-Yorkshire proverb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 14 Dec 2010 1:48 am
Posts: 1805
it's summer...

Lazy times, eating, drinking, reading, spending quality time in the Finnish sauna...
Solving the mystery just has to wait.

_________________
Roma Victor!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Razes
Not here !

Hans

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 12 Aug 2008 2:01 pm
Posts: 1369
Location: Switzerland
Summer time...yes....but also many are already in the area of RLC and RLB or will shortly go there. .so New posts will appear soon. Looking forward to the pics of Bulldog Nic. ..and the German Crew is there already too...and the Swiss Team will go soon as well....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 14 Dec 2010 1:48 am
Posts: 1805
True, Aude forever. Wish I was down south too.
But there's a time for everything.

_________________
Roma Victor!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2538
Quote:
Gus has been studying German so that he can write poems to Ben in German.


Your point?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Razes
I think it"s a joke....

:mrgreen: Hans

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Poems
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Tucson, Az. USA
You would be a good judge of his German poems Hans. The point?

It`s just that he had disappeared.

_________________
From the Borderlands - mjastudio.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017 6:13 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Razes
As much as I know, is he working in Germany in a book shop

Hans

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: The latest
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Tucson, Az. USA
Well, he is two different personas in one, he does visit Germany and went to see Arthur Emmans who designs
toys over there - German legos, he made a Rennes queen with spider webs on her gown collar. Anyway, Arthur was amazed to
have Gus come to Germany and meet him. They drove up to the top of the Alps in winter and took photos. Arthur visits
RLC every summer and there are pictures of all of these events. It always amazed me how VAM handled the whole thing
with such good humor and patience.

_________________
From the Borderlands - mjastudio.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The latest
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 6:50 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2066
Renne wrote:
Well, he is two different personas in one, he does visit Germany and went to see Arthur Emmans who designs
toys over there - German legos, he made a Rennes queen with spider webs on her gown collar. Anyway, Arthur was amazed to
have Gus come to Germany and meet him. They drove up to the top of the Alps in winter and took photos. Arthur visits
RLC every summer and there are pictures of all of these events. It always amazed me how VAM handled the whole thing
with such good humor and patience.

Because she is a true lady! All be it, with fangs and a cape :)
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 14 Dec 2010 1:48 am
Posts: 1805
Damn I miss languedocian food.
Duck, cassoulet... And what else?
Love it, but are there more?

_________________
Roma Victor!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Santa Cruz
Barbarian Storm wrote:
Damn I miss languedocian food.
Duck, cassoulet... And what else?
Love it, but are there more?


I have been known to pig out on wild mushrooms, pork sausages, and snails while I'm in the area...

_________________
"The earlier culture will become a heap of rubble and finally a heap of ashes, but spirit will hover over the ashes."

Ludwig Wittgenstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Razes
Urgh......

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017 7:49 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1695
Location: Razes
We eat every week fish and chips, handmade by an engish pair, who drives round the country with a van.

http://www.ccfishandchips.com/About-Us.html

Very tasty and delicious.

And by the way, the english community here in the region is very friendly and helpfull.

In spite of the natives here. :P

Regards Hans

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7719
Congratulations this is the very first thread in ten years on here that's stuck to the title of the thread throughout. Without several egos chirping in to bend the discussion around to what they want to talk about.
Pat yourselves on the back.

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 11245
Location: France
However, if nobody feels free to talk about what gets them fired up, then nothing gets said, other than "the peas are nice tonight dear"......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 9:09 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7719
Sheila wrote:
However, if nobody feels free to talk about what gets them fired up, then nothing gets said, other than "the peas are nice tonight dear"......


Well the theme is 'The forum is dead' and for once you're right. Why is that do you think Sheila?

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2066
roscoe wrote:
Sheila wrote:
However, if nobody feels free to talk about what gets them fired up, then nothing gets said, other than "the peas are nice tonight dear"......


Well the theme is 'The forum is dead' and for once you're right. Why is that do you think Sheila?

Because no-one without an account can post, and you can't create new accounts.
That just leaves us "oldies", and due to the nature of life it's not easy to find time.
The forum isn't dead, just locked?
It's a shame so many photo hosting sites have removed free photo hosting as so much content has been lost.
The admins should have a backup or I'm gonna download a bit from the web archive!
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7719
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Sheila wrote:
However, if nobody feels free to talk about what gets them fired up, then nothing gets said, other than "the peas are nice tonight dear"......


Well the theme is 'The forum is dead' and for once you're right. Why is that do you think Sheila?

Because no-one without an account can post, and you can't create new accounts.
That just leaves us "oldies", and due to the nature of life it's not easy to find time.
The forum isn't dead, just locked?
It's a shame so many photo hosting sites have removed free photo hosting as so much content has been lost.
The admins should have a backup or I'm gonna download a bit from the web archive!
Regards
Nic


Yes well here's when the rot started

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

R.I.P. Phil Coppens - a true researcher driven from this forum by those with an agenda to serve.

I visit here to look at some of the old stuff but then I look at the current postings and think - Why bother

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 5:20 am 
Offline
High King

Joined: 26 Oct 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 3196
Location: Livingston, Scotland.
roscoe wrote:

Well the theme is 'The forum is dead' and for once you're right. Why is that do you think Sheila?

Because no-one without an account can post, and you can't create new accounts.
That just leaves us "oldies", and due to the nature of life it's not easy to find time.
The forum isn't dead, just locked?
It's a shame so many photo hosting sites have removed free photo hosting as so much content has been lost.
The admins should have a backup or I'm gonna download a bit from the web archive!
Regards
Nic[/quote]

Yes well here's when the rot started

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

R.I.P. Phil Coppens - a true researcher driven from this forum by those with an agenda to serve.

I visit here to look at some of the old stuff but then I look at the current postings and think - Why bother[/quote]

Why bother ? Well for one thing there is zilch going on on the new forum. And do what I've attempted to do (re Circuit) and stir the pot. It sure beats watching Jeremy Kyle 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 6:28 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2066
I agree Pilrig,
For me though it's just time. I've posted more in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the year because I'm here on holiday. Just so crazy busy in the UK. However I still check in, and I still try to "research" as many here do. So no the forums not dead, but why can't it be unlocked to new members, surely it's no hassle???
I'll check out the fauteuil du diable etc this week, and hopefully the restorers have done a decent job.
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 7:13 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7719
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
I agree Pilrig,
For me though it's just time. I've posted more in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the year because I'm here on holiday. Just so crazy busy in the UK. However I still check in, and I still try to "research" as many here do. So no the forums not dead, but why can't it be unlocked to new members, surely it's no hassle???
I'll check out the fauteuil du diable etc this week, and hopefully the restorers have done a decent job.
Regards
Nic


yes well I noticed you didn't comment on the reason it has been locked. And this thread went WHOOSH!!! right over your head.

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored.

The forum remains open because of past revelations that need to be preserved from a time before Roger and all the Crista garbage.

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group