Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 22 Sep 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 25 May 2017 11:33 am 
Grand Master

Folks, lets go on as befor but with cg's idea of a database

Hans

PostPosted: 26 May 2017 10:47 pm 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
Quote:
What I would like to see is a documents section, where you have best of copies of photos and texts and maps that are referred to repeatedly, and which could be linked to within threads.

Explain what you want and I'll put them up.
However, they will be in the original language...much to the annoyance of the few.

What I was thinking of is perhaps a new section such as "Rennes Le Chateau Reference Material" and then individual threads, clearly named, with only the single document/photo in them (or multiple in the case of something such as "Photos of Roc Negre"). You could then always find something relatively easily and if someone was referencing one of those things in a discussion thread, they could add a link to the appropriate "material thread" in the reference section.
Some immediate examples that come to mind are: the Boudet RLB sketch map, where we look at low res samples and then occasionally someone says "oh look I have this enormously hi res PDF copy!" ;-) - another one is the Poussin painting - there are really hi res versions available. Also recently Rain was asking about a scanned copy of Thomas Plantard's "Cercle" which no one could lay their hands on (and the original link is dead). Those are just some blatant ones, but of course there are a lot of other useful documents and photos. Even just gathering some of the members' great photos in one place would be wonderful. Here's what Lampos looks like - here is Blanchefort, etc. I say all this after years of seeing great examples and then barely being able to find my OWN saved copies!

What I don't know is if anything new can be created on here.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017 6:52 pm 
Grand Master

It's still alive, the ivy (?) plant that my father "borrowed" from the rock wall at the entrance to RLC – the time he visited me – and later gave to me when we both were back home.

It has survived two cold winters, several storms and hungry moose on the shore of the Baltic Sea at my summer house.
Every time I have the chance to see the plant – on vacations and weekends – it looks a little stronger.

I'd like to think, that I have a little piece of Rhedae growing – on my lawn 8)

(The plant is to the lower right, the dog is to the left, on the first picture):

Post subject: Ivy
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017 10:07 pm 
Queen Bee

A very healthy young ivy it is too, it would love an old tree stump, or some stones to grow up and wind round.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017 6:05 am 
Grand Master

Nice to see, that some are alive.

What about a gardening thread ? :mrgreen:

regards Hans

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017 10:38 pm 
Grand Master

I don`t suppose the dog will grow much more. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017 6:19 am 
Grand Master

yes, but he gets water every day.... :lol:

Hans

Post subject: Re: Ivy
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017 8:28 pm 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
A very healthy young ivy it is too, it would love an old tree stump, or some stones to grow up and wind round.

Yes, I have plans for big building projects this summer to make the little plant happy. Maybe a Tour Magdala on the yard would make it feel like home.

But seriously, thanks for the advice, I will put some rock and tree stumps there.

Crimson_Ghost wrote:
I don`t suppose the dog will grow much more. :mrgreen:

True, he's always been a small frenchie.

hans peper wrote:
yes, but he gets water every day.... :lol:

Hans

Water and special food. He is one of those very allergic dogs.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017 3:29 pm 
Grand Master

He is okay, only a little nervous :mrgreen:

It,s not so warm in the moment, time to look where the equipment has been stored.....

all the best
Hans

The green pierrot of LIMOUX ( le pierrot vivante )

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017 10:30 pm 
Grand Master

hans peper wrote:
He is okay, only a little nervous :mrgreen:

It,s not so warm in the moment, time to look where the equipment has been stored.....

all the best
Hans

The green pierrot of LIMOUX ( le pierrot vivante )

I like it, it looks like... a joker? A fool?

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017 6:17 am 
Grand Master

Yes, it is a pierrot, a kind of joker (my profession...)

Limoux is wellknown as the city of carneval. But it is a little different, as I know from germany.

Here it is mystic. We have nearly three months of carneval, where every weekend one group of pierrots walk around the arcades of the place de la republique.
The people are standing in both sides of the way, waiting for the pierrots passing by and throwing confetti at the "folk". No one is dancing, singing or shouting, only standing still and waiting for his share of confetti. I also took my share.

In this clip (from 4:50 to the end), you can see the "stars" of the carneval : Les Arcadiens. Look at the people waiting for confetti, it is amazing, complete different to all carnevals in the world.

The most amazing thing is, that the people take it seriously. It looks like, as if they are waiting for "their" part of confetti as a sighn of good luck for the coming year.

It is a great feeling, to see it when it happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7PP_bVYwMY

The gardeners of Limoux did a great job. This green pierrot must be take away every winter, to protect him for frost and he will be set in place every june. He has a construction of automatic water supply.

In the moment his "neck" is flowering. It is a great pleasure to see him right now.

nice weekend on the island, Barbarian.

All the best
Hans

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017 11:48 pm 
Grand Master

hans peper wrote:
Yes, it is a pierrot, a kind of joker (my profession...)

Limoux is wellknown as the city of carneval. But it is a little different, as I know from germany.

Here it is mystic. We have nearly three months of carneval, where every weekend one group of pierrots walk around the arcades of the place de la republique.
The people are standing in both sides of the way, waiting for the pierrots passing by and throwing confetti at the "folk". No one is dancing, singing or shouting, only standing still and waiting for his share of confetti. I also took my share.

In this clip (from 4:50 to the end), you can see the "stars" of the carneval : Les Arcadiens. Look at the people waiting for confetti, it is amazing, complete different to all carnevals in the world.

The most amazing thing is, that the people take it seriously. It looks like, as if they are waiting for "their" part of confetti as a sighn of good luck for the coming year.

It is a great feeling, to see it when it happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7PP_bVYwMY

The gardeners of Limoux did a great job. This green pierrot must be take away every winter, to protect him for frost and he will be set in place every june. He has a construction of automatic water supply.

In the moment his "neck" is flowering. It is a great pleasure to see him right now.

nice weekend on the island, Barbarian.

All the best
Hans

Thank you, I will 8)

But I wonder, if people at the coast party more, in general?
I remember one summer in Collioure, the whole town went nuts, over some St Vincent-festival, or something.
The road was closed, people started drinking wine everywhere and there was a night with some fantastic fire works... everyone gone crazy and wild! A good place for a barbarian like me.

But at your place in Limoux with em country folks, Hans Peper, you seem to have clowns throwing candy at silent, dead serious, waiting people? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Where's the party?

Sorry, couldn't resist teasing you :lol:

Post subject: The interloper?
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017 11:11 pm 
High King

You refer to an upstart who stole the members of this forum, that would be "Gus Stiver", correct? He stole Arcadia`s members and transplanted the forum to social media (FB). After leading these people around and around, he declared that the RLC subject was dead and departed for the umpteenth time. He recently confessed that he was an internet troll from the start, he has Chinese (Taiwanese) origins. Along the way he managed to sell his RLC library to the members, some fine books were to be had for collectors. The books were mailed from Niagra Falls. As for this forum, who is after the real estate here? This is THE RLC forum!

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017 7:02 am 
Grand Master

@ Renne:

In Germany we say :

"Travelers should not be stopped....."

@ Barbarian Storm : Sorry, you have not understand, what I wanted to explain.

The people are not there to make party and look for "jokes". They are there, to get their piece of goodluck or salvation for the coming year.
For them its a serious thing, not a joke!

The pierott,s have a branch in the hand, which collects the "goodluck" from "above". And the confetti is a symbol for the luck, which they give to the people.

Salve Barbarian !

All the best Hans

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017 10:07 am 
Grand Master

I hear you, Hans! 8)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017 8:09 pm 
Grand Master

Yes, you hear me....

but do you understand ?

It's a kind of "joker affair".....

BTW. yesterday we had in ARTE " The shining " from Stanley Kubrick.

I understand, that the proof, that he faked the moon landing, can be found in the mirror.

There is nothing on the moon, which can mirror something. So it must be a mirrowed picture in the helmets, in the moon lander or in their tools.

The lovely woman in the bath of room 237 (237000 miles is the distance to the moon) is a fata morgana - the truth can be seen in the mirror behind her : she is a monster.

The word "murder" is mirrowed as "redrum"

So the mirror is maybe the solution on the moon. When making 2001, Kubrick makes experiments by mirrowing light on the helmets of the astronauts.

regards Hans

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2017 10:03 pm 
Grand Master

hans peper wrote:
Yes, you hear me....

but do you understand ?

I understand, that the proof, that he faked the moon landing, can be found in the mirror.

There is nothing on the moon, which can mirror something. So it must be a mirrowed picture in the helmets, in the moon lander or in their tools.

The lovely woman in the bath of room 237 (237000 miles is the distance to the moon) is a fata morgana - the truth can be seen in the mirror behind her : she is a monster.

So the mirror is maybe the solution on the moon. When making 2001, Kubrick makes experiments by mirrowing light on the helmets of the astronauts.

regards Hans

Now you really lost me, mr Joker :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2017 8:56 pm 
Grand Master

I have known that,

but I am helpless : Kubrick is my "hobby affair" . 8)

Was a nice day, have been in Puivert and in the evening we had fish and chips on the shore of the lake on foot of Puivert Chateau. :mrgreen:

30° "grande soleil" with 25-30 KM wind, which helps to feel good in the shadow.

All in all, the Cathars had wonderful castles on the best places. :!:

Puivert castle was foundet in the early 13th the large extension is made by the new strongholt in the 14th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Puivert

best regards
Hans

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2017 11:27 pm 
High King

Why can new users not make an account here anymore? It's not surprising the number of posts have decreased if the forum is locked to us. I'd be here more but time has been limited for me.
However, it's that time of year again, do any of you have suggestions for anything to check out while I'm in the RLC area? I've normally got a plan but this year I've not been able to research before I go.
Shall I check out Soulaine? I've still got some interesting bits to post from last year regarding Boudet and his connections to other churches such as around Caunes Minervois which coincidentally have statues made by Giscard. Another funny coincidence was the main cross by the church in Serres lines up with another old cross in a field and pointed directly to the part of Cardou that Andrews & Schellenberger think holds the key.
Let me know if you want me to check anything out.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017 11:01 am 
Grand Master

Hi Nic,

let's have a cup of coffee when you are here.

regards Hans

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017 8:50 pm 
High King

hans peper wrote:
Yes, you hear me....

but do you understand ?

regards Hans

Kubrick's greatest film was A Clockwork Orange...by a country mile my little droogies.... 8)

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017 12:23 am 
High King

hans peper wrote:
Hi Nic,

let's have a cup of coffee when you are here.

regards Hans

Hi Hans,
Sure, why not! I'll be around RLB in about 2-3 weeks. I'll post a msg here and try and meet up. I'm sure we would have lots to discuss.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017 7:27 am 
Grand Master

Nic, please send me a pm when you have time for a meeting.

regards Hans

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017 7:32 am 
Grand Master

Pilrig wrote:
hans peper wrote:
Yes, you hear me....

but do you understand ?

regards Hans

Kubrick's greatest film was A Clockwork Orange...by a country mile my little droogies.... 8)

Well, well, well, well, well..... :mrgreen:

I whish, that I have more time, to study his personality. He was a big one...a magic one.

All the best
Hans

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017 9:13 pm 
Acolyte

Boy have i missed a lot. I know i haven't been here much , but I always enojyed the discussions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next