Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 23 Nov 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
Quote:
Congratulations this is the very first thread in ten years on here that's stuck to the title of the thread throughout. Without several egos chirping in to bend the discussion around to what they want to talk about.
Pat yourselves on the back.


apart from the US/Syria tangent you went off on :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
Quote:
I do sincerely believe the only people who deserve an apology from all of the Rennes Researchers, who have been 'disgusiting' towards that team ... are the Hammott Team.


Classic! Thanks, roscoe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2010 5:37 pm
Posts: 1586
roscoe wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
I agree Pilrig,
For me though it's just time. I've posted more in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the year because I'm here on holiday. Just so crazy busy in the UK. However I still check in, and I still try to "research" as many here do. So no the forums not dead, but why can't it be unlocked to new members, surely it's no hassle???
I'll check out the fauteuil du diable etc this week, and hopefully the restorers have done a decent job.
Regards
Nic


yes well I noticed you didn't comment on the reason it has been locked. And this thread went WHOOSH!!! right over your head.

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored.

The forum remains open because of past revelations that need to be preserved from a time before Roger and all the Crista garbage.


I must be seeing different timestamps to everyone else. Isn't your link to a thread dated 2009? Isn't the latest member dated 2015? So what is the relevance of the thread link (2009) to the inability to create a new user in 2017? Or are you saying that Andrew also employs your self teaching mechanism and it took him 6 years to stop allowing new members?

_________________
"One day it will have to be officially admitted that what we have christened reality is an even greater illusion than the world of dreams."

Salvador Dali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
High King

Joined: 26 Oct 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 3205
Location: Livingston, Scotland.
roscoe wrote:
Congratulations this is the very first thread in ten years on here that's stuck to the title of the thread throughout. Without several egos chirping in to bend the discussion around to what they want to talk about.
Pat yourselves on the back.

Ta ! I've just done so ! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
roscoe wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
I agree Pilrig,
For me though it's just time. I've posted more in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the year because I'm here on holiday. Just so crazy busy in the UK. However I still check in, and I still try to "research" as many here do. So no the forums not dead, but why can't it be unlocked to new members, surely it's no hassle???
I'll check out the fauteuil du diable etc this week, and hopefully the restorers have done a decent job.
Regards
Nic


yes well I noticed you didn't comment on the reason it has been locked. And this thread went WHOOSH!!! right over your head.

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored.

The forum remains open because of past revelations that need to be preserved from a time before Roger and all the Crista garbage.

Excuse me Roscoe but I can guarantee that the reason that no-one can create a new account is NOT because of "your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored"
I rarely take offence here, but don't throw blame my direction about the treatment of ANY forum members. If you want to find my posts that are so offensive please do and re post them. I believe I've tried to be supportive of lots of different peoples theories and ideas.
As far as replying to every post, yes guilty as charged but sorry I have a life as well and if I had something valid to respond I would do.
Anyway, didnt you say you were leaving a few months back ( again )? I would add, that would be a loss to the forum as you have also added numerous topics to here.
Please go back and re read my posts. I had nothing but respect for people like Philip Coppens amongst others who are no longer here.
And NO I didn't comment on the reason the forum is "locked" because I didn't even know till a friend of mine tried to join.
Regards
Nic


Last edited by BULLDOGNIC on 01 Aug 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
fmh999 wrote:
Summer time...yes....but also many are already in the area of RLC and RLB or will shortly go there. .so New posts will appear soon. Looking forward to the pics of Bulldog Nic. ..and the German Crew is there already too...and the Swiss Team will go soon as well....

Hi fmhh, I'll do my best for new material. I'm meeting up with Hans, but also I'll pop up to RLC to check out the restoration on the damaged parts of the church.
Apart from that, I'm afraid I'm not the right guy to be snooping in the old roman gold mines ( although I wish I was ).
Hopefully I can find something of interest. I'm re-reading the excellent Guy Patton book web of gold incase I've missed something obvious. If get time in RLB I'll recheck above the Delmas Cross, but it's a bit of a hike and myself & Hans may have too much to chat.
Worse case, I've some additional research from Boudet's exploits north of Carcassonne, and an interesting few photos from Serres.
Each year turns up something different. Maybe Hans knows how to access under the square at RLB???
Regards
Nic
Edited to add
Photobucket have started to charge for photo web hosting, so anyone who has used that to post pictures here may find the link dies. So annoying, but hey, if I have to re crop and re upload all the pictures over the years so be it.
Please let me know if anyone else uses a better host. I'd prefer not Facebook or Flikr as the images are then accessible from a Google search etc.
I post here for the forum members and the researchers of RLC etc, not as an ego trip!
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 6:18 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7750
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
roscoe wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
I agree Pilrig,
For me though it's just time. I've posted more in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the year because I'm here on holiday. Just so crazy busy in the UK. However I still check in, and I still try to "research" as many here do. So no the forums not dead, but why can't it be unlocked to new members, surely it's no hassle???
I'll check out the fauteuil du diable etc this week, and hopefully the restorers have done a decent job.
Regards
Nic


yes well I noticed you didn't comment on the reason it has been locked. And this thread went WHOOSH!!! right over your head.

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored.

The forum remains open because of past revelations that need to be preserved from a time before Roger and all the Crista garbage.

Excuse me Roscoe but I can guarantee that the reason that no-one can create a new account is NOT because of "your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew Gough, whose posts got simply ignored"
I rarely take offence here, but don't throw blame my direction about the treatment of ANY forum members. If you want to find my posts that are so offensive please do and re post them. I believe I've tried to be supportive of lots of different peoples theories and ideas.
As far as replying to every post, yes guilty as charged but sorry I have a life as well and if I had something valid to respond I would do.
Anyway, didnt you say you were leaving a few months back ( again )? I would add, that would be a loss to the forum as you have also added numerous topics to here.
Please go back and re read my posts. I had nothing but respect for people like Philip Coppens amongst others who are no longer here.
And NO I didn't comment on the reason the forum is "locked" because I didn't even know till a friend of mine tried to join.
Regards
Nic


You sound off as though you have a guilty conscience. I wasn't aware your name was Roger or Tim

Here's the link AGAIN - Please read it this time viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1770

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 6:23 am 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7750
Davinho wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations this is the very first thread in ten years on here that's stuck to the title of the thread throughout. Without several egos chirping in to bend the discussion around to what they want to talk about.
Pat yourselves on the back.


apart from the US/Syria tangent you went off on :mrgreen:

And still going Chum.

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 6:40 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
No guilty conscience Roscoe, as you well know.
However when you post a reply to me that says "The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew"
????
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 7:12 am 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1717
Location: Razes
come on ros,

did you find something new and interesting ?

all the best Hans :mrgreen:

_________________
Yes, I am living in a world of shit, but I am alive...and alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
High King

Joined: 22 Sep 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 2048
Someone should ask Alex Jones to uncover this forum conspiracy and preferably report back in song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg


Last edited by TCJ on 08 Aug 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 7750
TCJ wrote:
Someone should ask Alex Jones to uncover this forum conspiracy and preferably report back in song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnxoaJPryk


Pathetic

Here have this......

The debunkers anthem
Sung to Gilbert & Sullivan. "I am the very model of a modern Major
General".
I am the very model of the Art of trite debunkery.
Why give something my attention rather perform my own perfunctory.
The reason that I do it is an inner fear of ridicule
It's easier to scoff at than to use it as a knowledge tool.

The mindless, dumb acceptance of a common line philosophy
Is easier to embrace than to have people making fun of me.
I always hold allegiance to the common mindless knowledge pool
By giving my twopenneth with a well placed line of ridicule.

Who cares if I learn something that will make me understand
Rather continue blind acceptance of the knowledge found at hand.
Why I may indeed complain that my subject base is bogging down.
But then why rock the boat again and be taken once more to be a clown.

I'm am of course a coward but then it seems that there are lots of us.
Who climb on things we're told to like commuters on an omnibus.
If I should then see something which will make me see things differently
Why I must cover my eyes and ears again in case I then catch sophistry

I delude myself I'm winning because my comrades come in helping me,
The fact that they are yesmen is of course a triviality.
I can use the groupthink cushion by which I gain my confidence
and bolster up my ego in a melee of supercillience.

I care nothing of the motives of the shakers and the movers
Or whether they know something which in knowledge may improve us.
Or whether they have knowledge of which our science may not know.
It really makes me nervous when they break the status quo.

It matters not to me whether the things these people say
Are important and have caused our lives to take a different way,
Or even if our historians are just giving us legenda,
Or whether many deaths are caused by an alternative agenda.

And last I must not forget my use of straw men and of pedantry
and concentrate on 'how' rather than 'what' it is which people say.
By doing this I can of course divert attention to the irrelevant
and give observers the impression of the allusion to white elephant.
© roscoe

Eat this!!

_________________
Image
CROMLECK DE RENNES is here.
It's the SUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 11:31 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Vienna, Austria
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
I believe I've tried to be supportive of lots of different peoples theories and ideas.

Seconded :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Vienna, Austria
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
No guilty conscience Roscoe, as you well know.
However when you post a reply to me that says "The reason it has been locked is because of your previous treatment of people who had something important to say including Andrew"
????
Nic

Nic - that's simply rediculous.
Simply agressive also. (edit: by roscoe)

.


Last edited by Eginolf on 14 Aug 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017 12:34 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
Thanks Egi, ( I presume you didn't mean I was being aggressive ).
As Pilrig mentioned on another thread, I think it was a bit of mud slinging.
As far as the forum being dead, I'm certainly still around and trying to find time to "research".
Not much done on the ground here this year unfortunately. I might go back to Notre Dame du Cros, though as its not too far.
Meeting Hans was very productive. Hans, I really think you should start a new thread ;) I have some pages from a book I just got which I think you will find interesting ( I'll,send them over ).
Forum dead, nah, too many people here still checking in. It's just a shame new members can't join as I said above.
Regards
Nic
Edited to add :
Water under the bridge, I'm still in the beautiful Languedoc, which should say it all!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group