Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 22 Sep 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016 7:50 pm 
High King

A blast from the past ! : "Tim just pondered 'boot settin' up a parallel forum. When JB1717 suggested doin' that he was permanently banned. Quite a few of the regulars abandoned this forum to set up the Masters Forum as competition, and all came back. Surprisingly 'nuff none of the instigators of that Masters Forum were permanently banned like JB1717 was.

Now we have a call for anarchy again. I wish Tim and his cohort all the best in their new endeavor. Maybe Andrew won't be so forgiving this time around when the next projected forum also fails. Andrew can just as easily do like Graham Hancock does on his debateless forum.

Then again Andrew can just lock this forum entirely and wish the forum well in their future endeavors. Besides, there is always twitter, facebook, other social outlets to chew the fat. With the expiration of 2 successive red herring tales and zero to show for either, this means the RLC saga has now reached its own demise, yes? Roger knew zakly what he was doin', with both of them.

All that is left is to delve into is petty gossip themes like Sauniere slippin' off to Girona for a tryst, etc. The diary has been declared dead by the troika. Bill Kersey hasn't come across the last possible hope to salvage the RLC enigma yet. the RLC theme park for heretics, may or not bother to put in a footnote update to mention the fate of The Rise, the crista or the diary. It will be fascinatin' to see if they get mentioned at all on that website.

When a future researcher of this forum counts all of the posts containing just a smiley icon as a response, that will reduce the academic value of the forum to comic book status. I guesstimate at least 20% of all responses are icon based. Hardly the sort of input a Princeton PHD-candidate grad student will bother to include in her research project. I hope Andrew contacted her and she'd eventually make her presence known to give a synopsis of where she placed this forum.

With a constant stream of I love me narcissistic laden responses bein' the preponderant response mode, its not gonna be easy for that Princeton U researcher to gleam amy worth while material for the purpose of academic analysis on the doctoral level. Professor Steve left when he experienced this same anomaly.

Yes, I am capable of writin' coherent connected sentences that contribute to an overall theme. Long live the RLC enigma, may it some day be resolved. As ya may have noticed, I don't hold out too many hopes beyond Bill Kersey of this forum to do it. The dedicated forum members who have contributed meaningful posts like Richard, Pilrig, Renne, Lovuian, Serendipity, RS 2008, Roscoe, Wayward Bill, TCJ, Rev Jeff I am sure I over looked a few who approached the RLC enigma and the forum with an open sense of humor and an interest is solvin' a who dunnit, I salute the work they have done.

TD wanted a poll to seal my fate, had he been perspicacious he should have seen he predicted the demise of the forum for his troubles, As I mentioned quite often in my direct questions to TD, Andrew always has the final say. A poll like that has to be initiated by Andrew in order to have any validity.

OK, class any questions?"

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016 11:19 pm 
Grand Master

Pilrig wrote:
A blast from the past ! : "Tim just pondered 'boot settin' up a parallel forum. When JB1717 suggested doin' that he was permanently banned. Quite a few of the regulars abandoned this forum to set up the Masters Forum as competition, and all came back. Surprisingly 'nuff none of the instigators of that Masters Forum were permanently banned like JB1717 was.

Now we have a call for anarchy again. I wish Tim and his cohort all the best in their new endeavor. Maybe Andrew won't be so forgiving this time around when the next projected forum also fails. Andrew can just as easily do like Graham Hancock does on his debateless forum.

Then again Andrew can just lock this forum entirely and wish the forum well in their future endeavors. Besides, there is always twitter, facebook, other social outlets to chew the fat. With the expiration of 2 successive red herring tales and zero to show for either, this means the RLC saga has now reached its own demise, yes? Roger knew zakly what he was doin', with both of them.

All that is left is to delve into is petty gossip themes like Sauniere slippin' off to Girona for a tryst, etc. The diary has been declared dead by the troika. Bill Kersey hasn't come across the last possible hope to salvage the RLC enigma yet. the RLC theme park for heretics, may or not bother to put in a footnote update to mention the fate of The Rise, the crista or the diary. It will be fascinatin' to see if they get mentioned at all on that website.

When a future researcher of this forum counts all of the posts containing just a smiley icon as a response, that will reduce the academic value of the forum to comic book status. I guesstimate at least 20% of all responses are icon based. Hardly the sort of input a Princeton PHD-candidate grad student will bother to include in her research project. I hope Andrew contacted her and she'd eventually make her presence known to give a synopsis of where she placed this forum.

With a constant stream of I love me narcissistic laden responses bein' the preponderant response mode, its not gonna be easy for that Princeton U researcher to gleam amy worth while material for the purpose of academic analysis on the doctoral level. Professor Steve left when he experienced this same anomaly.

Yes, I am capable of writin' coherent connected sentences that contribute to an overall theme. Long live the RLC enigma, may it some day be resolved. As ya may have noticed, I don't hold out too many hopes beyond Bill Kersey of this forum to do it. The dedicated forum members who have contributed meaningful posts like Richard, Pilrig, Renne, Lovuian, Serendipity, RS 2008, Roscoe, Wayward Bill, TCJ, Rev Jeff I am sure I over looked a few who approached the RLC enigma and the forum with an open sense of humor and an interest is solvin' a who dunnit, I salute the work they have done.

TD wanted a poll to seal my fate, had he been perspicacious he should have seen he predicted the demise of the forum for his troubles, As I mentioned quite often in my direct questions to TD, Andrew always has the final say. A poll like that has to be initiated by Andrew in order to have any validity.

Quote:
With a constant stream of I love me narcissistic laden responses bein' the preponderant response mode, its not gonna be easy for that Princeton U researcher to gleam amy worth while material for the purpose of academic analysis on the doctoral level.

Does this count as a narcissistic laden response/statement
Quote:
Now we have a call for anarchy again. I wish Tim and his cohort all the best in their new endeavor.
It appears you have caught wind of something..care to share?

Quote:
Hardly the sort of input a Princeton PHD-candidate grad student will bother to include in her research project. I hope Andrew contacted her and she'd eventually make her presence known to give a synopsis of where she placed this forum.
Once again care to share?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016 7:26 am 
Emperor

Crimson_Ghost wrote:
Pilrig wrote:

Quote:
With a constant stream of I love me narcissistic laden responses bein' the preponderant response mode, its not gonna be easy for that Princeton U researcher to gleam amy worth while material for the purpose of academic analysis on the doctoral level.

Does this count as a narcissistic laden response/statement
Quote:
Now we have a call for anarchy again. I wish Tim and his cohort all the best in their new endeavor.
It appears you have caught wind of something..care to share?

Quote:
Hardly the sort of input a Princeton PHD-candidate grad student will bother to include in her research project. I hope Andrew contacted her and she'd eventually make her presence known to give a synopsis of where she placed this forum.
Once again care to share?

@Crimson Ghost, most of what is said in the post is inaccurate. It's making accusations, rewriting history and forcing people to defend themselves.
Why Pilrig seems to be saying it instead of making clear it is a quote - I don't know.

It was first posted in 2010 by Jake as Hugo Furst;-
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3266&p=71402&view=show#p71402

Post subject: Is this the final wrap up of the forum time?PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010 8:11 am

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016 2:04 pm 
Grand Master

Thanks Rain.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016 3:01 pm 
High King

Im guessing Pilrig means that there is nothing much happening here???

There is some good research out there - im thinkjing of the work of Paul Karren. He recently presented it to
a group in Rennes-les-Bains and it was well received. Even a neuro-physicist who was present - well known for wanting
exacting evidence.

Academics have been approached - and they are interested in the work but wont go on record because its RLC!!!!

Anyway, where there's a will there's a way.

Pilrig, i bought loads of Sauniere Society journals to read about Rat Scabies and his revelations - but nothing in there at all!

There is the local french researchers on the ground .... and this grotto .... lots really, if people look.

I myself have just translated early works by Cagger and Buthion - i will put them on line soon -- quite interesting to see how these early researchers viewed RLC.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016 9:04 pm 
High King

They weren't my words ! I was quoting a former poster...anyone guess the identity ?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016 10:28 pm 
Grand Master

That can only be good old / obnoxious Jake with his many aliases - as already identified by Rain above.
Who can forget 'M T Graves', a real rib tickler and ahead of its time considering the Wilkinson shenanigans that followed.

Not only is there real in-depth research going on but people like Sheila for instance must already have enough previously unlinked realisations to be able to write a book bringing startling new conclusions to the table.

step by step we shall build it

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016 4:58 pm 
High King

Quote:
Not only is there real in-depth research going on but people like Sheila for instance must already have enough previously unlinked realisations to be able to write a book bringing startling new conclusions to the table.

and I'd rather read one post of Sheila's a year than endless drivel in a game of connect the dots or random pictures of goodness knows what that make the forum look like someone's Instagram account. The chaff needed sorting from the wheat, IMO

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016 6:04 pm 
High King

Jesus H Christ it worked ! The Jake reboot actually got Discussion zone going for the first time on over a week. :wink:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 7:12 am 
High King

actually got Discussion zone going

Hardly a discussion ....

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 1:05 pm 
Grand Master

Davinho wrote:
Quote:

and I'd rather read one post of Sheila's a year than endless drivel in a game of connect the dots or random pictures of goodness knows what that make the forum look like someone's Instagram account. The chaff needed sorting from the wheat, IMO

Agreed, even though sometimes Sheila`s work is way over my head... :oops:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 5:50 pm 
High King

bergeredearcadie wrote:

Hardly a discussion ....

There was about a week without a solitary posting....

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016 2:57 pm 
High King

Davinho wrote:
Quote:

I never took you to be a snob Davinho. Was I wrong?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016 3:58 pm 
High King

Quote:

Hardly a discussion ....

How about a Bring Back Jake vote thread?

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 12:53 pm 
High King

Quote:

I'm getting old, mate

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 8:13 pm 
High King

TCJ wrote:
Quote:

Hardly a discussion ....

How about a Bring Back Jake vote thread?

Thumbs up from me.

:P

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 8:19 pm 
High King

Alternatively, if Jake is refused back there could be a Jake's Greatest Hits page. Quoting some of his old posts, as long as they weren't obscene or libellous. Here's one from 2010 and guess what ? he mentions Otto Skorzeny !

"A query for Bill Kersey. What is the basic geologic rock structure underneath RLC?...sandstone, volcanic basalt, granite? Is coal mined in the Aude? I ask 'cuz here in Scandinavia where there is granite there is radon gas as a result of uranium decay. There are depleted lead mines here which are also a residual uranium decay strata.

Scandinavia is a radon gas bomb ready to go off due to so many structures, roads, altered waterways, dams, etc that trap this gas and it seeks an outlet. Our seismic activity is stable and of very low intensity as contrasted to Iceland.

Structures with basements have to be tested for radon annually to permit continued inhabitation. Houses built on sealed slab foundations do not have this restriction and constitute 90%+ of all homes in Scandinavia.

I have no way of knowing if houses in RLC are built on packed earth cellars or if they are cement walled. Who can stop a RLC home owner from digging a re-inforced tunnel if they do not have to remove a cement floor or wall?

Pilrig mentioned a dude who most likely did that very 'thang'. But, if that 'mole' didn't live cheek to jowl with Sauniere's estate all that random diggin' would be pointless.

I recall reading 'boot Otto Skorzeny supposedly checking out the sides of Montsegur mountain and found something of interest. The hillside underneath Sauniere's domain is an obvious target, yes? Did anybody find any signs of a small scale tunnel system of inter-linked voids?

Temple Mount Society in Jerusalem from time to time describe various side-scan radar sweeps of voids on Temple Mount. They have detected cisterns and other hollow space locations that way. Would non-intrusive sweeps of that nature be allowed in RLC?

Oil companies use non-invasive techniques by use of small staggered controlled surface explosions to send shock waves thru underlying strata, have French oil firms ever done a survey in Aude?

Shell Oil is conducting a long term study to ascertain how much natural gas is here. They use seismic studies of the type I just mentioned. The thinking being to use an on shore location to do long range slant drilling and avoid an underwater blow out."

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 9:50 pm 
High King

Davinho wrote:
Quote:

I'm getting old, mate

So I was right. You're not.

Just as I thought.

Like me you're getting older by the day. I've been thinking about this phenomenom recently. Impatiently.

And one of the products of aging is impatience. Things that I conclude are irrelevent or time wasting increase my impatience. But are they really irrelevent or am I just being narrow minded? Closed off?

So now I do the following:

1.Take a couple of deep breaths.

2.Identify which of my objectives is being frustrated.

3.Identify whether the costs of achieving that objective are still a good investment of my time.

4.Consider whether there's a shortcut, whether to change my objective, or whether to just go with the flow for a little longer.

5.Generally, with RLC stuff, I go with the flow, accept the increased cost and change my approach. I sometimes do that by amusing myself by finding a way to play a game within the game to keep me occupied while waiting for a gem to crop up. After-all, it is a game you know. Esoteric. Cryptic, Surreal. Frustrating. Historical, Wonderful. Just like Chess. Even the pawns have a valuable role. It's not just black or white.

But then, perhaps I just like walking in the Languedoc.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 10:08 pm 
Grand Master

Quote:
But then, perhaps I just like walking in the Languedoc.

And who could blame you :)

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016 5:08 am 
Emperor

bergeredearcadie wrote:
Im guessing Pilrig means that there is nothing much happening here???

There is some good research out there - im thinkjing of the work of Paul Karren. He recently presented it to
a group in Rennes-les-Bains and it was well received. Even a neuro-physicist who was present - well known for wanting
exacting evidence.

Academics have been approached - and they are interested in the work but wont go on record because its RLC!!!!

Anyway, where there's a will there's a way.

Pilrig, i bought loads of Sauniere Society journals to read about Rat Scabies and his revelations - but nothing in there at all!

There is the local french researchers on the ground .... and this grotto .... lots really, if people look.

I myself have just translated early works by Cagger and Buthion - i will put them on line soon -- quite interesting to see how these early researchers viewed RLC.

I would love to see the information by Cagger. I was re-reading the information a few weeks ago, it's really interesting.
Buthion, I know had people behind him but I get the feeling cagger was in it by himself.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016 7:52 pm 
High King

Pilrig wrote:
Alternatively, if Jake is refused back there could be a Jake's Greatest Hits page. Quoting some of his old posts, as long as they weren't obscene or libellous. Here's one from 2010 and guess what ? he mentions Otto Skorzeny !

"A query for Bill Kersey. What is the basic geologic rock structure underneath RLC?...sandstone, volcanic basalt, granite? Is coal mined in the Aude? I ask 'cuz here in Scandinavia where there is granite there is radon gas as a result of uranium decay. There are depleted lead mines here which are also a residual uranium decay strata.

Scandinavia is a radon gas bomb ready to go off due to so many structures, roads, altered waterways, dams, etc that trap this gas and it seeks an outlet. Our seismic activity is stable and of very low intensity as contrasted to Iceland.

Structures with basements have to be tested for radon annually to permit continued inhabitation. Houses built on sealed slab foundations do not have this restriction and constitute 90%+ of all homes in Scandinavia.

I have no way of knowing if houses in RLC are built on packed earth cellars or if they are cement walled. Who can stop a RLC home owner from digging a re-inforced tunnel if they do not have to remove a cement floor or wall?

Pilrig mentioned a dude who most likely did that very 'thang'. But, if that 'mole' didn't live cheek to jowl with Sauniere's estate all that random diggin' would be pointless.

I recall reading 'boot Otto Skorzeny supposedly checking out the sides of Montsegur mountain and found something of interest. The hillside underneath Sauniere's domain is an obvious target, yes? Did anybody find any signs of a small scale tunnel system of inter-linked voids?

Temple Mount Society in Jerusalem from time to time describe various side-scan radar sweeps of voids on Temple Mount. They have detected cisterns and other hollow space locations that way. Would non-intrusive sweeps of that nature be allowed in RLC?

Oil companies use non-invasive techniques by use of small staggered controlled surface explosions to send shock waves thru underlying strata, have French oil firms ever done a survey in Aude?

Shell Oil is conducting a long term study to ascertain how much natural gas is here. They use seismic studies of the type I just mentioned. The thinking being to use an on shore location to do long range slant drilling and avoid an underwater blow out."

On the 18 February 1996 an earthquake with a magnitude of 6 on the Richter Scale struck at Saint Paul de Fenouillet 33.8km from Rennes-le-Chateau. Damage was done to buildings and cracks appeared in the church but no landslides were reported.

Post subject: and ....
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016 7:09 am 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
Re-reading Dr Courrant...here's an interesting aside regarding the waters of Rennes-les-bains that i'd forgotten about....Julia writes and Estribaud confirms that....

In the year XIII (summer of 1805) following the Naples earthquake, the waters of the Bain Fort were agitated for eight days.

page 55.

https://books.google.fr/books?id=4pjqEF ... es&f=false

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016 7:12 am 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
l'abbé Théophile Moreux wrote this the day after the earthquake/Le tremblement de terre du 11 juin 1909 that devastated parts of Provence.

http://naturnet.free.fr/html/trt.html

http://naturnet.free.fr/html/abbe.htm

The 1909 Lambesc earthquake occurred on June 11, 1909 in Provence. Measuring 6 on the Richter Scale, it is the largest ever recorded earthquake in metropolitan France. A total of 46 people died, another 250 were injured, and approximately 2,000 buildings were damaged, and it was felt in an area 100,000 km squared.

http://planet-terre.ens-lyon.fr/planett ... c-1909.xml

http://documents.irevues.inist.fr/bitst ... sequence=1

"...Après un long sommeil, les mêmes hypothèses ressuscitent, sans doute nous reviennent-elles avec des vêtements neufs et plus riches, mais le fond reste le même et le masque nouveau dont elles s'affublent ne saurait tromper l'homme de science..."

Abbé Th. Moreux. Directeur de l'Observatoire de Bourges.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016 7:15 am 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
Here are some maps relating to the 1909 quake on page 4 .....
http://www.languedoc-roussillon.develop ... 07c2ff.pdf

including details of the 1996 tremor at Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet

Quote:
1922, Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet (22-23 septembre) Pyrénées-Orientales "Un violent tremblement de terre, qui se produisit dans le nuit ... vers le milieu de la nuit, à quelques secondes d'intervalle, 3 violentes secousses sismiques, accompagnées d'un grondement fort et prolongé, s'étaient produites réveillant en sursaut les personnes qui, épouvantées par les craquements sinistres des planchers et des murs, descendaient dans la rue. Toutes les maisons du côté ouest de la route du quartier sud avaient leur mur arrière séparés par de fortes lézardes des murs de refend. Fait assez singulier, aux Gorges de la Fou (juste en amont d'Arles sur Tech) on entendit des bruits souterrains comme si le vent sortait de terre. On les entendit tous les quarts d'heure environ. Ils ont été également entendu les jours suivants.

Quote:
6 et 8 janvier 1933 - Deux tremblements de terre ont lieu en Fenouillèdes. L’épicentre est au Vivier.

23 et 27 décembre 1933 - Deux nouveaux séismes sont ressentis au même lieu qu’en janvier. Il s’agit d’un groupe de secousses dont l’intensité a atteint le niveau IV le 23.

11 avril 1938 - Encore en Fenouillèdes, un groupe de secousses est perçu mais l’épicentre se trouve à Sournia.

26 septembre 1984 - L’épicentre d’un séisme de 4,4° sur l’échelle de Richter se trouve à Saint Paul de Fenouillet et Saint Martin.

30 juin 1989 - Un séisme de magnitude 2,6 sur l’échelle de Richter a lieu à Saint Paul de Fenouillet.

Quote:
Plus récemment, la dernière secousse significative enregistrée a eu lieu le 18 février 1996 et a été ressentie principalement dans les Pyrénées-Orientales, l’Aude et l’Ariège. Son épicentre se situait à Saint-Paul de Fenouillet où l’intensité a été estimée à 6. Ce séisme, d’une magnitude de 5.2 sur l’échelle de Richter n’as pas fait de victimes mais a causé de nombreux dommages au constructions.
18 février 1996
- A 2h45 du matin, un séisme avec un choc principal se produit dans les départements des Pyrénées-Orientales, de l’Ariège et de l’Aude. Sa magnitude est vraisemblablement de 5,2° sur l’échelle de Richter.
L’épicentre se trouve à Saint Paul de Fenouillet où les personnes debout ont perdu l’équilibre. L’intensité y est de VI-VII (c’est la plus forte observée). C’est dans cette commune également que les dégâts ont été les plus importants, elle a obtenu un arrêté de catastrophe naturelle. En dehors de la zone épicentrale, les dommages sont plutôt modérés, il s’agit essentiellement de fissurations des plafonds, des murs, des chutes de tuiles... La faiblesse des dégâts est due au fait que le foyer (le point de départ des ondes) se trouvait à 8 km de profondeur.
C’est le séisme le plus important du XXème siècle et sur le bassin de l’Agly. Il peut être comparé au séisme de 1922 car il s’est produit dans le même secteur géographique, avec les mêmes effets.
Pour le XXème siècle, c’est lui qui est l’évènement de référence.

Quote:
15 août et 16 décembre 1996 - Des répliques du séisme du 18 février sont ressenties autour de Saint Paul de Fenouillet. Le 15 août, l’intensité est de niveau IV et le 16 décembre, de niveau IV-V. Au total, environ 2000 répliques ont eu lieu entre février et décembre 1996 à des magnitudes et des intensités différentes mais relativement faibles.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016 5:09 pm 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
Sheila wrote:
Here are some maps relating to the 1909 quake on page 4 .....
http://www.languedoc-roussillon.develop ... 07c2ff.pdf

That map link is not really cooperating with me (and I failed to navigate the Franch site).