Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 23 Nov 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 9:47 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
Davinho wrote:
23/08/2017.....

Thanks Davinho,
I presume you mean the info from Twitter? I'm always amazed at the different people who like the KLF!
Also I'm off to Ibiza for that day :P
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 11:04 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
it's 23 years since they burned the million quid on the 23rd and back then they vowed to not talk about it again for 23 years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0571338089/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh and by the way 2+3+0+8+2+0+1+7=23

Expect chaos to ensue

If you read more about Drummond and Cauty you'll understand why so many people are interested in them. It all goes back to the founding of Discordianism in the 60's by a couple of pranksters. The ball they started rolling turned into a massive conspiracy web for of synchronicities....ring any bells? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
Davinho wrote:
it's 23 years since they burned the million quid on the 23rd and back then they vowed to not talk about it again for 23 years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0571338089/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh and by the way 2+3+0+8+2+0+1+7=23

Expect chaos to ensue

If you read more about Drummond and Cauty you'll understand why so many people are interested in them. It all goes back to the founding of Discordianism in the 60's by a couple of pranksters. The ball they started rolling turned into a massive conspiracy web for of synchronicities....ring any bells? :lol:

Of course, saw a docu about them recently with the filming of the money burning and I remember it well.
Yes the JAMS are very much like PdC, if you want I can PM you a link to a server from their fan club which contains all their music & more. Will have to be when I get back though.
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
I'm in a couple of KLF groups already. Can't say I was a huge fan of the band at the time, it's only since I found out more about their connections with Discordianism and Illuminatus! that I was turned onto them. That's what floats my boat...I have a Sacred Chao tattooed on my arm to remind me :mrgreen:

Image

The Kerry Thornley/Jim Garrison synchronicity is quite amusing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
Davinho wrote:
I'm in a couple of KLF groups already. Can't say I was a huge fan of the band at the time, it's only since I found out more about their connections with Discordianism and Illuminatus! that I was turned onto them. That's what floats my boat...I have a Sacred Chao tattooed on my arm to remind me :mrgreen:

Image

The Kerry Thornley/Jim Garrison synchronicity is quite amusing

I've no tattoos but I like the design. I'll check out the above links, sounds interesting.
Who knows I might be able to weave Paul Mcartney's death into the story ;)
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Santa Cruz
Did you notice this bio releasing tomorrow? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Up-Strobe ... E2HVQBF2RY

_________________
"The earlier culture will become a heap of rubble and finally a heap of ashes, but spirit will hover over the ashes."

Ludwig Wittgenstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
Caelum wrote:
Did you notice this bio releasing tomorrow? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Up-Strobe ... E2HVQBF2RY

Thanks Caelum, just ordered one. I have a quite rare copy of " how to have a number one " and some really early JAMS vinyl ( which a mate has had on long term loan ! ).
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 22 Dec 2014 1:52 am
Posts: 239
Location: België
BULLDOGNIC

Will you be in Paris on your current trip to France? Or just in the Aude?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 2073
gladium wrote:
BULLDOGNIC

Will you be in Paris on your current trip to France? Or just in the Aude?

Hi Gladium,
Sorry I'm back to the UK Saturday. Then I've got a gig in Ibiza next week & I also start a new job in September.
I'd love another visit to Paris, but I can't work that out this year. Do let me know if you are eve in the UK or S.France / N.Spain though as its only - 1.5 hrs to the Spanish border.
Regards
Nic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
Thornley and Hill, who founded Discordianism, were heavily influenced by the Situationalists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situationist_International

gladium mentions them here :-

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4535

Quote:
Now de Chérisey was very much a product of the Left Bank as was de Sède. Both were interested in the Surrealist movement. In the case of de Sède he was educated on the Left bank at the Sorbonne and had contacts with figures like Breton. Both came of age in the 1940's and were operating in the political circles that would eventually give birth to the Letterists and later the Situationist movement.


This is then how it all collides. Thornley and Hill along with Robert Anton Wilson created the whole Illuminati conspiracy by writing fake letters to Playboy forum (Wilson was editor) about the mysterious Illuminati and then writing more fake letters to contradict the original fakes. Wilson, of course, then went on to write Illuminatus! (with Shea his fellow Playboy editor) which cemented the idea of the Illuminati into people's consciousness. Ken Campbell went on to produce the theatre production of the book(s) after he picked it up in a shop when he was looking for a Sci Fi story to adapt to the stage and Bruce Drummond did the set design for the Liverpool show. Jim Cauty then went to see the London showing and became obsessed with the book (before he met Drummond who was not involved in the London show)

Funnily enough an article appeared on the BBC website 2 days ago about this

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Is this all sounding familiar? Two pranksters influenced by Situationalism create a convoluted conspiracy that morphs into something far bigger than they could possibly imagine?

Am I talking about Thornley/Hill or de Cherisey/Plantard? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Santa Cruz
Davinho wrote:
Thornley and Hill, who founded Discordianism, were heavily influenced by the Situationalists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situationist_International

gladium mentions them here :-

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4535

Quote:
Now de Chérisey was very much a product of the Left Bank as was de Sède. Both were interested in the Surrealist movement. In the case of de Sède he was educated on the Left bank at the Sorbonne and had contacts with figures like Breton. Both came of age in the 1940's and were operating in the political circles that would eventually give birth to the Letterists and later the Situationist movement.


This is then how it all collides. Thornley and Hill along with Robert Anton Wilson created the whole Illuminati conspiracy by writing fake letters to Playboy forum (Wilson was editor) about the mysterious Illuminati and then writing more fake letters to contradict the original fakes. Wilson, of course, then went on to write Illuminatus! (with Shea his fellow Playboy editor) which cemented the idea of the Illuminati into people's consciousness. Ken Campbell went on to produce the theatre production of the book(s) after he picked it up in a shop when he was looking for a Sci Fi story to adapt to the stage and Bruce Drummond did the set design for the Liverpool show. Jim Cauty then went to see the London showing and became obsessed with the book (before he met Drummond who was not involved in the London show)

Funnily enough an article appeared on the BBC website 2 days ago about this

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Is this all sounding familiar? Two pranksters influenced by Situationalism create a convoluted conspiracy that morphs into something far bigger than they could possibly imagine?

Am I talking about Thornley/Hill or de Cherisey/Plantard? :mrgreen:


Kerry Thornley also served in the Marines with Lee Harvey Oswald before his defection to the USSR, and wrote a novel where the main character was based on him. He had to testify before both the Warren Commission and Jim Garrison's New Orleans Grand Jury. He claims in the preface to the book, "Idle Warriors", that they were at one of only two US bases (Atsugi in Japan) where LSD experiments were carried out, and also that Howard Hunt was there at the same time.

_________________
"The earlier culture will become a heap of rubble and finally a heap of ashes, but spirit will hover over the ashes."

Ludwig Wittgenstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
High King
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 2546
that's what I was meaning here :-

Quote:
The Kerry Thornley/Jim Garrison synchronicity is quite amusing


the punchline is that Thornley got his girlfriend to photo copy their bible The Principia Discordia on her office photocopier, her boss at that office was Jim Garrison and this was before he investigated JFK murder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
Queen Bee
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 8932
Location: Texas
A wise man said "Chaos is a ladder"

_________________
Everything is Connected and there are no
coincidences


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 11:36 pm 
Offline
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 5433
Location: NA
And a wise froggy once asked
"Why are there so many songs about Rainbows and what's on the other side?"

_________________
************


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 22 Dec 2014 1:52 am
Posts: 239
Location: België
Davinho wrote:
Thornley and Hill, who founded Discordianism, were heavily influenced by the Situationalists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situationist_International

gladium mentions them here :-

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4535

Quote:
Now de Chérisey was very much a product of the Left Bank as was de Sède. Both were interested in the Surrealist movement. In the case of de Sède he was educated on the Left bank at the Sorbonne and had contacts with figures like Breton. Both came of age in the 1940's and were operating in the political circles that would eventually give birth to the Letterists and later the Situationist movement.


This is then how it all collides. Thornley and Hill along with Robert Anton Wilson created the whole Illuminati conspiracy by writing fake letters to Playboy forum (Wilson was editor) about the mysterious Illuminati and then writing more fake letters to contradict the original fakes. Wilson, of course, then went on to write Illuminatus! (with Shea his fellow Playboy editor) which cemented the idea of the Illuminati into people's consciousness. Ken Campbell went on to produce the theatre production of the book(s) after he picked it up in a shop when he was looking for a Sci Fi story to adapt to the stage and Bruce Drummond did the set design for the Liverpool show. Jim Cauty then went to see the London showing and became obsessed with the book (before he met Drummond who was not involved in the London show)

Funnily enough an article appeared on the BBC website 2 days ago about this

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Is this all sounding familiar? Two pranksters influenced by Situationalism create a convoluted conspiracy that morphs into something far bigger than they could possibly imagine?

Am I talking about Thornley/Hill or de Cherisey/Plantard? :mrgreen:


Yes - sees to have been a byproduct of the 60's. I find it all very interesting, this line of thought and approach to Situationalism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
Grand Master

Joined: 22 Dec 2014 1:52 am
Posts: 239
Location: België
So we have evidence Lilley was in Paris - now we need to find his earlier papers, from before 1900.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group