Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 23 Nov 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Alfred Leslie Lilley
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 9:47 am 
High King

Davinho wrote:
23/08/2017.....

Thanks Davinho,
I presume you mean the info from Twitter? I'm always amazed at the different people who like the KLF!
Also I'm off to Ibiza for that day :P
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 11:04 am 
High King

it's 23 years since they burned the million quid on the 23rd and back then they vowed to not talk about it again for 23 years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0571338089/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh and by the way 2+3+0+8+2+0+1+7=23

Expect chaos to ensue

If you read more about Drummond and Cauty you'll understand why so many people are interested in them. It all goes back to the founding of Discordianism in the 60's by a couple of pranksters. The ball they started rolling turned into a massive conspiracy web for of synchronicities....ring any bells? :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 5:47 pm 
High King

Davinho wrote:
it's 23 years since they burned the million quid on the 23rd and back then they vowed to not talk about it again for 23 years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0571338089/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh and by the way 2+3+0+8+2+0+1+7=23

Expect chaos to ensue

If you read more about Drummond and Cauty you'll understand why so many people are interested in them. It all goes back to the founding of Discordianism in the 60's by a couple of pranksters. The ball they started rolling turned into a massive conspiracy web for of synchronicities....ring any bells? :lol:

Of course, saw a docu about them recently with the filming of the money burning and I remember it well.
Yes the JAMS are very much like PdC, if you want I can PM you a link to a server from their fan club which contains all their music & more. Will have to be when I get back though.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 6:09 pm 
High King

I'm in a couple of KLF groups already. Can't say I was a huge fan of the band at the time, it's only since I found out more about their connections with Discordianism and Illuminatus! that I was turned onto them. That's what floats my boat...I have a Sacred Chao tattooed on my arm to remind me :mrgreen:

The Kerry Thornley/Jim Garrison synchronicity is quite amusing

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2017 8:43 pm 
High King

Davinho wrote:
I'm in a couple of KLF groups already. Can't say I was a huge fan of the band at the time, it's only since I found out more about their connections with Discordianism and Illuminatus! that I was turned onto them. That's what floats my boat...I have a Sacred Chao tattooed on my arm to remind me :mrgreen:

I've no tattoos but I like the design. I'll check out the above links, sounds interesting.
Who knows I might be able to weave Paul Mcartney's death into the story ;)
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 11:13 pm 
Grand Master

Did you notice this bio releasing tomorrow? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Up-Strobe ... E2HVQBF2RY

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017 12:41 am 
High King

Caelum wrote:
Did you notice this bio releasing tomorrow? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Up-Strobe ... E2HVQBF2RY

Thanks Caelum, just ordered one. I have a quite rare copy of " how to have a number one " and some really early JAMS vinyl ( which a mate has had on long term loan ! ).
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017 3:07 pm 
Grand Master

BULLDOGNIC

Will you be in Paris on your current trip to France? Or just in the Aude?

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017 12:49 pm 
High King

gladium wrote:
BULLDOGNIC

Will you be in Paris on your current trip to France? Or just in the Aude?

Hi Gladium,
Sorry I'm back to the UK Saturday. Then I've got a gig in Ibiza next week & I also start a new job in September.
I'd love another visit to Paris, but I can't work that out this year. Do let me know if you are eve in the UK or S.France / N.Spain though as its only - 1.5 hrs to the Spanish border.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017 10:11 am 
High King

Thornley and Hill, who founded Discordianism, were heavily influenced by the Situationalists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situationist_International

gladium mentions them here :-

http://forum.andrewgough.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4535

Quote:
Now de Chérisey was very much a product of the Left Bank as was de Sède. Both were interested in the Surrealist movement. In the case of de Sède he was educated on the Left bank at the Sorbonne and had contacts with figures like Breton. Both came of age in the 1940's and were operating in the political circles that would eventually give birth to the Letterists and later the Situationist movement.

This is then how it all collides. Thornley and Hill along with Robert Anton Wilson created the whole Illuminati conspiracy by writing fake letters to Playboy forum (Wilson was editor) about the mysterious Illuminati and then writing more fake letters to contradict the original fakes. Wilson, of course, then went on to write Illuminatus! (with Shea his fellow Playboy editor) which cemented the idea of the Illuminati into people's consciousness. Ken Campbell went on to produce the theatre production of the book(s) after he picked it up in a shop when he was looking for a Sci Fi story to adapt to the stage and Bruce Drummond did the set design for the Liverpool show. Jim Cauty then went to see the London showing and became obsessed with the book (before he met Drummond who was not involved in the London show)

Funnily enough an article appeared on the BBC website 2 days ago about this

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Is this all sounding familiar? Two pranksters influenced by Situationalism create a convoluted conspiracy that morphs into something far bigger than they could possibly imagine?

Am I talking about Thornley/Hill or de Cherisey/Plantard? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017 8:49 pm 
Grand Master

Davinho wrote:
Thornley and Hill, who founded Discordianism, were heavily influenced by the Situationalists

Quote:
Now de Chérisey was very much a product of the Left Bank as was de Sède. Both were interested in the Surrealist movement. In the case of de Sède he was educated on the Left bank at the Sorbonne and had contacts with figures like Breton. Both came of age in the 1940's and were operating in the political circles that would eventually give birth to the Letterists and later the Situationist movement.

This is then how it all collides. Thornley and Hill along with Robert Anton Wilson created the whole Illuminati conspiracy by writing fake letters to Playboy forum (Wilson was editor) about the mysterious Illuminati and then writing more fake letters to contradict the original fakes. Wilson, of course, then went on to write Illuminatus! (with Shea his fellow Playboy editor) which cemented the idea of the Illuminati into people's consciousness. Ken Campbell went on to produce the theatre production of the book(s) after he picked it up in a shop when he was looking for a Sci Fi story to adapt to the stage and Bruce Drummond did the set design for the Liverpool show. Jim Cauty then went to see the London showing and became obsessed with the book (before he met Drummond who was not involved in the London show)

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Is this all sounding familiar? Two pranksters influenced by Situationalism create a convoluted conspiracy that morphs into something far bigger than they could possibly imagine?

Kerry Thornley also served in the Marines with Lee Harvey Oswald before his defection to the USSR, and wrote a novel where the main character was based on him. He had to testify before both the Warren Commission and Jim Garrison's New Orleans Grand Jury. He claims in the preface to the book, "Idle Warriors", that they were at one of only two US bases (Atsugi in Japan) where LSD experiments were carried out, and also that Howard Hunt was there at the same time.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 12:43 pm 
High King

that's what I was meaning here :-

Quote:

the punchline is that Thornley got his girlfriend to photo copy their bible The Principia Discordia on her office photocopier, her boss at that office was Jim Garrison and this was before he investigated JFK murder

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 2:43 pm 
Queen Bee

A wise man said "Chaos is a ladder"

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017 11:36 pm 
Emperor

And a wise froggy once asked
"Why are there so many songs about Rainbows and what's on the other side?"

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 4:57 pm 
Grand Master

Davinho wrote:

Quote:

Yes - sees to have been a byproduct of the 60's. I find it all very interesting, this line of thought and approach to Situationalism.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 5:01 pm 
Grand Master

So we have evidence Lilley was in Paris - now we need to find his earlier papers, from before 1900.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6