Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 20 Sep 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
 Post subject: The "Crista"
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015 11:42 pm 
High King

Re: Oak Island, one of the meanings of a Sinclair name translates to "makes bone" over

in the Oak Island area. Could the PoS "S" be a serpent, the Red Serpent bloodline as in "S" for "Sinclair"?

Is this PoS symbol actually the PoS Sinclair monogram - the "M" as Magdalene? I`ll get that

"makes bone" name by tomorrow, as in the bone in this symbol.

Post subject: The "Crista"
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 1:16 am 
High King

Femur bones, identifiable by the hip joints.

This is the only Jolly Roger pirate flag I could find that is anatomically correct
as to the hip joint.
Who can tell me why the Templars and pirates used this same symbol?

Post subject: Re: The "Crista"
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 9:18 am 
High King

Sheila wrote:
PoS ...turn it around a few times.

Vincent Bridges writes:
>>>
Fulcanelli brings attention to the fact that "The letter S, WHICH TAKES ON THE CURVING SHAPE OF A SNAKE, corresponds to the Greek khi (X) and takes over its esoteric meaning."

Then, he relates this khi/X to the image of the Beast of the Apocalypse ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 30 May 2015 5:31 am 
Queen Bee

Eginolf wrote:
Sheila wrote:
PoS ...turn it around a few times.

Vincent Bridges writes:
>>>
Fulcanelli brings attention to the fact that "The letter S, WHICH TAKES ON THE CURVING SHAPE OF A SNAKE, corresponds to the Greek khi (X) and takes over its esoteric meaning."

Then, he relates this khi/X to the image of the Beast of the Apocalypse ... :mrgreen:

Good to see someone using their brain for a change.

The 'S' is the Serpent - The Earth current- The 'P' is not a P but Rho and the 'X' is Chi but represents the Cross Quarter days. Together they represent CHI - RHO. The Alpha & Omega are the start and end of the Solar year. The Solstices -
Beginning is the day after the three day sun stop = December 25th - Feast day of JES-us - The SUN is born :
the end the day after the sun stop (the meaning of the word Solstice) = June 24th - Feast day of John the Baptist - The SUN dies in the northern hemisphere and moves south.

HOWEVER
In the context of the Prieure de Sion we have

Quote:
Celestial vision for him who remembers the four works of Em. SIGNOL around the Meridian line, to the choir itself from the sanctuary from which beams this source of love from one to another, I turn around passing the site of the rose of the P to that of the S, then from the S to the P ... and the spiral in my mind becoming like a monstrous octopus expelling its ink, the shadows obscure the light, I am dizzy and I hold my hand to my mouth biting instinctively my palm, perhaps like OLIER in his coffin. Curses, I understand the truth, HE IS GONE, but to him too in doing THE GOOD, like HIM of the flowery tomb. But how many have sacked the HOUSE, leaving only the embalmed corpses and numerous metal objects which they could not carry? What strange mystery conceals the new temple of SOLOMON built by the children of Saint VINCENT?"

The window in St Sulpice

Inside the Church of Saint-Germain-des-Prés in Paris.

Both on the ROSE LINE and seperated by the Rue Lobineau.

He is a one our Philippe de Cherisey.

Note that the ROSE LINE is different from the Paris Meridian.

This is quite good at the start and then the wheels come off.

PostPosted: 30 May 2015 6:33 am 
Queen Bee

JESUS SHOWS YOU THE WAY IN SAUNIERE'S CHURCH

IT'S THE SUN

Sunrise 22nd July Mary Magdalene Day.

THE MAGDALENE SHOWS YOU THE WAY TOO
The view over La Grotte de la Madeleine

The Magdalene and the view of the GOLDEN DAWN from her cave. As she stares at the RHOsy CROSS

90 - 23.4 = 66.6

Aleister Crowley (member of the HERMETIC ORDER OF THE GOLDEN DAWN) called himself The Beast 666. When asked what this meant he replied 'It means SUNLIGHT'.

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn was founded by those claiming to be in communication with the Secret Chiefs. One of these Secret Chiefs was (allegedly) ANNA SPRENGEL. Her name and address were decoded from the Cipher Manuscripts.

ANNA SPRENGEL (assuming she existed) died in 1891. Her mother Lola Montez (mistress of Ludwig of Bavaria) died of pneumonia on 17th January, 1861.

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn is one of the ILLUMINATED Secret Societies.

Golden Dawn motto: Sapiens, Dominabitur Astris

"The wise will be ruled by the stars".

There was a Schism in the ranks of the Golden Dawn and broke up into four parts and one became ALPHA & OMEGA another started by Crowley was called A∴A∴ (Said as A star A star)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015 10:22 am 
High King

roscoe wrote:
Aleister Crowley (member of the HERMETIC ORDER OF THE GOLDEN DAWN) called himself The Beast 666. When asked what this meant he replied 'It means SUNLIGHT'.

... easy to understand if you know some kabalah: The magic square of the SUN (6 x 6) consists of 36 numbers who add up to 111 and then mulitplied again by 6 will add to 666 - SUNLIGHT!

http://jesus8880.com/chapters/gematria/666-magic-square.htm

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015 6:09 am 
Queen Bee

Eginolf wrote:
roscoe wrote:

... easy to understand if you know some kabalah: The magic square of the SUN (6 x 6) consists of 36 numbers who add up to 111 and then mulitplied again by 6 will add to 666 - SUNLIGHT!

[quote FROM THE LINK YOU GAVE]The earliest Christians were converted pagans. One of the arguments the early Church used to convert pagans to Christianity was that Jesus Christ had more solar attributes than any other god. His face was even reputed to shine like the sun (Matt 17:2). Examining the metaphorical logic of equating Jesus with Helios the Sun, one has to ask ... is there any kind of logical reason or secret knowledge that the early Gnostic Christians were aware of to make these kind of comparisons? Is there some kind of a link between the raised Jesus (8880) and the Magic Square of the Sun whose number is 666? [/quote]

Well since Jesus was a solar deity then this makes sense.

The Sun disc and the twelve angels
or Zodiac Signs

I H S pronounced 'Yes' is Hebrew for fire or the Sun
[Greek H being the uncial form of the letter eta]
IHS stands for the Greek letters “iota”, “eta” and “sigma”.
Writing in our alphabet, “IHS” equals “JHS” or “JHC”.
The pronunciation of this word is “JES”, which is a shorthand for “Jesus”.

the suffix US denotes male. (JesA would denote female)

Jesus and the sun are the same.

Jesus is the sun! He never existed as a man.
Jesus Christ is God’s sun.
The sun is the risen savior.

In ancient Egyptian mythology, the name of the “Sun” god was “Ra”, the one who “ra”diates.
In churches, you will often see the letters “IHS” on books, altars, baptismal fonts etc.
always pictured with a symbol of the sun around it.

So this “IHS” is a Christogram, a monogram which is an abbreviation of the name of “Jesus”.

The early Christians were called: “Helionostics” which means “Those who have knowledge of the Sun”.

Let former Jehovah's Witness Santos Bonacci explain it all to you

Those ILLUMINATED Secret Societies know this Secret.

Continually ignoring this is not going to make it go away.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015 12:51 am 
Grand Master

roscoe wrote:
Eginolf wrote:
roscoe wrote:

[quote FROM THE LINK YOU GAVE]The earliest Christians were converted pagans. One of the arguments the early Church used to convert pagans to Christianity was that Jesus Christ had more solar attributes than any other god. His face was even reputed to shine like the sun (Matt 17:2). Examining the metaphorical logic of equating Jesus with Helios the Sun, one has to ask ... is there any kind of logical reason or secret knowledge that the early Gnostic Christians were aware of to make these kind of comparisons? Is there some kind of a link between the raised Jesus (8880) and the Magic Square of the Sun whose number is 666?

Well since Jesus was a solar deity then this makes sense.

The Sun disc and the twelve angels
or Zodiac Signs

I H S pronounced 'Yes' is Hebrew for fire or the Sun
[Greek H being the uncial form of the letter eta]
IHS stands for the Greek letters “iota”, “eta” and “sigma”.
Writing in our alphabet, “IHS” equals “JHS” or “JHC”.
The pronunciation of this word is “JES”, which is a shorthand for “Jesus”.

the suffix US denotes male. (JesA would denote female)

Jesus and the sun are the same.

Jesus is the sun! He never existed as a man.
Jesus Christ is God’s sun.
The sun is the risen savior.

In ancient Egyptian mythology, the name of the “Sun” god was “Ra”, the one who “ra”diates.
In churches, you will often see the letters “IHS” on books, altars, baptismal fonts etc.
always pictured with a symbol of the sun around it.

So this “IHS” is a Christogram, a monogram which is an abbreviation of the name of “Jesus”.

The early Christians were called: “Helionostics” which means “Those who have knowledge of the Sun”.

Let former Jehovah's Witness Santos Bonacci explain it all to you

Those ILLUMINATED Secret Societies know this Secret.

Continually ignoring this is not going to make it go away.[/quote]

I enjoy your very long theory but I dont understand it.
Trying to catch up.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015 3:44 am 
Queen Bee

Oh I see.

This is the communial theme is it?

The collective cry - I don't understand -Is it?

Another pathetic way to deflect debate.

So what part of

JESUS IS THE SUN

Don't you understand?

Sorry to use such a long phrase but the nature of English demands that I use FOUR WORDS.

EQUINOX (Click) - (PASSOVER The Equator - Northern Hemisphere to Southern Hemisphere)

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015 6:59 pm 
Grand Master

roscoe wrote:
Oh I see.

So what part of

JESUS IS THE SUN

Don't you understand?

Sorry to use such a long phrase but the nature of English demands that I use FOUR WORDS.

Wow, Eric! Someone actually attempts to engage, instead of ignoring you, like the rest of us, and this is how you respond? Classic.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015 5:41 am 
Queen Bee

Caelum wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Oh I see.

So what part of

JESUS IS THE SUN

Don't you understand?

Wow, Eric! Someone actually attempts to engage, instead of ignoring you, like the rest of us, and this is how you respond? Classic.

Engage????

What

ME NO UNDERSTAND!!!!

Is Engaging?

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2017 11:23 pm 
High King

Brian Dillon - ‎Ancient Origins Group
Yesterday near Dublin, Ireland · March 27, 2017

"Hi people. I dug this key up in my back garden a few years back in Dublin Ireland it is quite heavy for a key of its size does anyone know what the
symbol means and any idea what it could open it also looks quite old."

Post subject: Key of Heaven.
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017 7:08 am 
Queen Bee

It's a hollow brass ecclesiastic/church key with the Chi Rho design that would open the cabinet or tabernacle where they kept the hosts for communion.
There might be a number on the rim or on the shaft like this one.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017 1:03 am 
High King

Thank you Sheila!

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017 8:07 pm 
Grand Master

What is the Crista?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017 8:32 pm 
Grand Master

Barbarian Storm wrote:
What is the Crista?

Good answer!

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 7:39 am 
Queen Bee

The Crista is a modern name given to the ancient Celtic talisman sacred to the druid class in Europe, this thunderbolt of kingship was a powerful symbol held by their High Kings throughout Europe.
The one under discussion was given or purloined by Constantine in the first decade of the IVth century when he took a detour to visit what was described as " the most beautiful temple in the world".
This temple of Apollo is situated in the Lendit, Paris by Anne Lombard Jourdan or located near Old Toulouse by Alexandre-Louis Du Mège, which might imply that Constantine visited here to make good the terrible crime that had been commited there by his countryman.

It's a long and convoluted path through history, but Constantine's talisman was placed in the hand of the giant statue he had erected in his new capital Constantinople.
So, the theory is, the talisman was either taken from Constantinople or Rome, but either way eventually it became part of the butin that the Visigoths emported to their capital.
The next question is which capital. Most say Toledo, as this was the Visigothic centre of Spain...and in c.542 Childebert sacked Toledo and brought the gold talisman (described as a cross) back to Paris where he founded the church which eventually became known as St Germain des Prés.
However my research doesn't place the object in Toledo I don't think it ever got that far. The Visigothic capital at the time was Narbonne...and the treasure had been brought back from Ravenna to Narbonne...that is where the talisman was found.
This is just a brief summary.

Talisman is taken from Toledo or Narbonne and brought to Paris. St Germain des Prés built. Then it was moved to my region just south of Poitiers and kept by Radegonde, before eventually winding it's was back to Limoux and the area of Alet where it was found in the XIX century.
By the time our investigation found it, it was housed in the north of France but no chances were taken and it has been moved again.

I'm interested in the object's ancient origins as I find there is a wonderful blank in our knowledge of the ancient Celts ...where did the objects originate...there's a mythology to be studied for those who find themselves intrigued.

Similar attributes to the Vajra, it can be giving or wrathful, it can kill with one end and revive with the other.
It confers "power and great authority."

It is portrayed on the High cross of Kells and the High cross of Durrow, the central figure holding a sceptre and a "thunderbolt".
Here it is portrayed in the Lichfield gospels.

Last edited by Sheila on 01 Apr 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 8:43 am 
High King

Sheila. Thanks.

We are back where you started over seven years ago. Circuits.

Sheila wrote:
Quote:
The history of the Golden Cross of Toledo.

Where it was first kept; the events which caused it to be adopted by Constantine the Great and the circumstances which placed it in the hands of the Goths and then the Merovingians. Its place in the Cult of the Dead amongst the Celts, and Constantinian Arianism.

During the time of the Celts: the place where this cross was first kept.

"[...] In her work, '" Montjoie & Saint Denis, The center of Gaul - the origins of Paris and Saint-Denis "(Paris, 1989), Anne Lombard-Jourdan [...] has specifically identified the Lendit plain which lies to the north of Paris, the site of the Abbey of St. Denis, as the locus (location) of a Gallic Druidic shrine of great importantance, which was later Romanised as a temple of Apollo and which was considered as the omphalos of the world...the Delphi of Gaul [...] "

"[...] The Lendit plain (now located at the site of the Saint-Denis plain) had a burial mound, the" Montjoie ", and the "Perron", a stone used for sacrifices. This was the place where the boundaries between the territories of the four great Gallic neighbouring nations converged: Bellovaci and Suessiones to the north, Carnutes and Senones to the south. [...] The Parisii were the custodians of this sacred shrine which held a common interest to all the Gallic tribes [...] "

"[...] A deified ancestor, associated with a "solar" figure, was buried under the mound of Montjoie [...]. This was a sacrificial victim whose properties of both good and evil gave rise to a separation of the Parisii territory into two halves, one half called "clear" in the south and the other called "dark" in the North. [...] "

Cult of the Dead at theLendit plain and the ritual murder of St. Denis.

"[...] St. Denis arrived in Paris around the year 250 AD and founded the first church in the île de la Cité.. Because of his resistance to pagan beliefs and his refusal to sacrife to the Gallic gods , he, along with his two companions were martyred on the Lendit and was buried at Montjoie [...]. "

The ritual murder of St. Denis must have led to the integration of local Christianism into the burial rites, which, since time immemorial, were celebrated on the field of the Lendit plain. The remains of the Saint were buried in the same location where the mythological hero of the Parisii tribe who was at the same time both a "guilty scapegoat and deified champion" was once sacrificed. Here, there was indeed an important pagan necropolis, a vast area composed of a multitude of densly piled graves, tombs and burial mounds, entangled over the centuries. It was only in the High Middle Ages, that there came a true "ownership" of this "realm of death" when it was appropriated by the "bishops and the abbots".

The first mention of the Gold Cross of Toledo and its assimilation into the "Tau / Pax" "The Invincible Sun" by Constantine the Great and the Arians:

"[...] Anne Lombard-Jourdan thinks the Fleur de Lys of the twelfth century was derived from a solar symbol revered by the people of Gaul at the Lendit Apollonian temple.....a symbol shaped like a Greek cross with his upper arm divided into two descending curved lines (geminae cristae). This symbol, evoking the rising sun (crista, from crescere "to grow, to get bigger" refers to an upward movement of the newly born sun), and appeared on the crown offered to Constantine the Great in 310 AD during his visit to a shrine in Gaul dedicated to Apollo, the place that Anne Lombard-Jourdan identifies as the Lendit. This symbol is also identified as the "heavenly or celestial sign" ( the PAX or Assyrian-Chaldean TAU), that according to Lactantius appeared to Constantine the Great in 312, which he then ordered to he be inscribed on the shields of his soldiers before the battle of Milvian Bridge. [...] "

"A vast literature [...] presupposes that the propaganda of Constantine.... including those found in the Panegyrici Latini and on the coins of the era, reflects the religious beliefs of the emperor at the same time. [...]
The author of the Panegyric of 310 wrote that Constantine was said to have made sumptuous offerings at a magnificent temple of Apollo in Gaul, and that in this temple Constantine saw the god himself, accompanied by a Victory (the goddess of Victory), and he saw in this vision that it was to Constantine himself that world domination had been promised (Pan. Lat. 6 [7] .21).
For years, researchers have interpreted this to mean that Constantine had professed a kind of Apollonian faith, or that he had actually identified himself with Apollo [...] "

Constantine seems to have possessed from that moment on, a cross of gold with an unusual appearance ...the two descending curving arms (Geminae Cristae). Its design was similar to the shape of two "P's" joined back to back with one another and associated with a bar embedded in the lower part. The general shape of the object appears to have been close to a "B" lying on his back. This is the "cross" that Childebert discovered centuries later in Toledo, which had originally been stored in the sacred vacuum of the Lendit plain before the remains of Saint Denis were removed from the tumulus Montjoie in the fifth century by St. Geneviève.

The Sack of Rome by the Visigoths in 410 AD.

The Gold Cross of Constantine was part of the treasures torn from the city of Rome by the Visigoths. They deposited the precious relic in Toledo, their Spanish capital.
Spanish arian theologians identified the Cross of Toledo, that's to say the "Crista", with the staff of Moses, to which the Prophet had fixed a brazen serpent. By extension, the form of the Golden Cross of Toledo is closer to that of a caduceus, the crests of fire were claimed and attributed to the brazen serpent of Moses, and to the person of Moses himself by the new owners of the "Crista".
So that,even after Childebert claimed and took away the Cross of Gold from Spain, Wamba, king of Visigothic Hispania who reigned from 672 to 681, still persisted in claiming the crests of fire, that is to say the symbol of Constantine. At his coronation, Wamba asked Julianus the bishop of Toledo, to legitimise the Holy Unction that he was about to receive from his hands by giving it the effect of these famous plumes or crests: "[...] Soon, from the summit of his head, where the sacred oil had been poured, a kind of vapor, resembling smoke, rose like a column from the top of his head and from his head a crest began[...] "

Childebert's raids into Spain regain the Golden Cross of Toledo. Germain the Bishop of Paris became its custodian.

In 543 the Merovingian king Childebert 1st made several incursions into Spain, penetrating deep into Visigoth territory. He went back to Paris taking with him two related relics, the Gold Cross of Toledo and the tunic of St. Vincent. Germain the bishop of Paris, becomes the custodian and in 550 decides that Childebert himself should finance the building of the church that will house these relics and that it should be built on the foundations of an ancient temple of Isis.... so there arose the basilica of Saint-Vincent and Sainte-Croix ....the future Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés....which changed its name shortly afterwards, when Queen Radegund and the poet Fortunatus moved the Golden Cross south to Poitiers, and hid it in the monastery of St. Croix, probably in anticipation of any disruption in Paris by marauding hordes.

The Merovingians take on the succession of Constantine and claim the Arian inheritance of the emperor: The Cross / Tau of Toledo.

"[...] At the time of the Merovingian era, this symbol, known as the Crista was displayed on the coins, and it survived at the abbey of Saint-Denis, because the Abbots Suger and Rigord mention it cautiously in the twelfth century as a type of ornament. The Merovingian kings were designated and known by the term cristati / crinati by the Byzantines, perhaps in reference to both their hairstyle in a crest (crista) and to their possession of the crista symbol. The Carolingians and early Capetians are represented alongside this symbol in their images of majesty, but in the twelfth century the need, apparently masterminded mainly by Abbot Suger to finalise the christianisation of this ancient solar symbol ( actually already christianised since the early days of early Christians) had clearly caused its assimilation into the Fleur de Lys, more resonant in the semantic plan and similar in terms of form, a graphic evolution [which was] accompanied by textual allegories relating to the flower. [...] "

The Gold Cross of Toledo is moved to Paris. It is kept in the abbey of Saint-Denis, not far from the Lendit plain, its place of origin.

"[...] The abbey of Saint-Denis preserved and exhibited in its church, an incomparable ornament called by the priests: " Crista ". In the early twelfth century, a "Crista" was placed on the main altar of the abbey church of Saint-Denis on the eve of the anniversary of King Dagobert. Later on, Suger was to put this "Crista" above the altar of the new basilica that he had built. This shows the importance that he attached to this symbol. At the end of the twelfth century, Rigord, monk of Saint-Denis, speaks of the "Crista" adorned with gems of an inestimable value, and then.....we loose its trail. [...]

The ritual murder of St. Denis, the Golden Cross of Toledo and the Lendit plain, becomes the foundation of royal legitimacy, the perogative of the heirs of Constantine and Arianism.

"[...] A cornucopia of hagiographic stories saw the light of day from the ninth century onwards. The most famous was probably the one that was edited by Hilduin, abbot of Saint-Denis...... The Parisian saint (St. Denis) was identified with Dionysius the Areopagite who had been converted by St Paul and commissioned by Pope Clement 1st to come and preach in Paris. In this story it is reported that he was tried and beheaded along with his two companions on the Mons Martyrium (Montmartre). But Denis got to his feet, picked up his severed head, took it in his hands and then walking two miles, he stopped where he wished to be buried, that is to say the place which is now occupied by the abbey of St. Denis. This is of course, a fiction designed to accommodate the story. The author has tried to make an obscure bishop of Paris into a theologian whose fame was the size of the known world at the time. His aim was also to make people forget the old pagan sacred vacuum of the Lendit plain, by locating the place of martyrdom as being that of Montmartre. [...]
This story became very well known and it helped secure the reputation of the abbey as the sole custodian of evidence underpinning the legitimacy of royal power. Because from then on, after the royal coronation which took place at Reims, and before taking possession of his capital, the new king had to go and stay at the Abbey of Saint-Denis. [...] "

"[...] Christianity had first captured the sacredness of this area by assigning the tumulus of Montjoie, centrally located on the Lendit plain, as the site of martyrdom and the place of the tomb of St. Denis; later on the ideologues, for the most part made up of monks from Saint - Denis, built upon the reputation of the site as the foundation of royal legitimacy. [...] "

Faced with persistent criticism about the pagan origins of the "Crista", the theologians of the Gallican Catholic Church tried to assimilate the cross of gold into an inverted omega.

"We soon see, that in order to keep the religious symbolism, the top of the cross has become an inverted omega. [...] Subsequently, the coins minted in Paris present a serif in the place where the junction point of the cross meets. Then the engravers isolate the inverted omega to give it an independent reality. The first Merovingian coins of this type were probably struck by the goldsmith Eloi (Eligius monetarius) between 629 and 640-41, under Clotaire II, Dagobert 1st and Clovis II. It seems that it is to this man that we should attribute the idea of equating the crests with an upside down Omega. "

On the other hand, if the omega existed before, a capital A...alpha, has since been placed below it. There is apparently something contrary to logic here. But the lower case omega is not a Biblical reference its only purpose is that by its form (when turned upside down), it approximates that of the cross.

The upturned omega would finally become separated, the cross evolving into the now familiar Latin form.

A final step consisted in giving the alpha and omega a symmetrical form, to the right and left of the cross in the purest tradition of Constantine, as we now see it , by a PAX. (Α PAX ω) or (Α PX ω), and not, as would be logical.... (A PAX Ω).

And:

Quote:
Sheila wrote:
It is only known as the "crista" by the way because of certain properties it bestows on the user. Read your Virgil.

Ah yes. Virgil, Nerva (Nerval) and Constantine's Arch. And poetry.

— U | — U | — U | — U | — u u | — X

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017 1:44 pm 
Grand Master

Thank you!
Thats a nice summary. I never saw the bigger picture before.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 7:59 pm 
Grand Master

Sheila wrote:
The Crista is a modern name given to the ancient Celtic talisman sacred to the druid class in Europe, this thunderbolt of kingship was a powerful symbol held by their High Kings throughout Europe...

Great summary, thanks!

You reminded me that I wanted to mention a book I ran across a while back "The Divine Thunderbolt: Missile of the Gods" by JT Sibley. It has some very interesting history/associations in it, much of which dovetails with some of your studies in this area, just one example being the Chi Ro symbol being associated with a single chariot wheel that the thunder god carried along with the thunderbolt. There is also a lot about double headed raptor symbols, which came up recently in the Aquila/Asturian thread. Lots of drawings.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 8:20 am 
Queen Bee

Renne wrote:
Brian Dillon - ‎Ancient Origins Group
Yesterday near Dublin, Ireland · March 27, 2017

"Hi people. I dug this key up in my back garden a few years back in Dublin Ireland it is quite heavy for a key of its size does anyone know what the
symbol means and any idea what it could open it also looks quite old."

The Invincible Sun - Sol Invictus.

Read

The Devils Pulpit
by The Reverend Robert Taylor
Written in 1830

Quote:
Of which last sort of words, you can not have a more striking specimen than that of the first noun in our text, the name Jesus : of which, the last syllable, US, is no part of the word itself, but the mere Latin termination, added to the only real and complete word, JES. Thus Jesus Christus, is good Latin, but Jesus Christ, is neither good Latin, nor good English, nor good sense. For in taking away the Latin termination from Christus, to render it into the English, Christ, we should take away the Latin termination from Jesus, and render it into JES. The Greek word for Jesus, being which is precisely the same adoption of the Latin termination into Greek, as our Jesus is an adoption of it, into English, is one among the ten thousand proofs that betray the Monkish Latin origin of our New Testament ; that is, that the Latin, and not the Greek, was the first language in which the contents of the sacred Diegesis of Egypt, was brought to the knowledge of the priests of Europe. The translation was made from the Latin into the Greek, and a Greek original pretended, not till after it was found expedient, to oppose a check to the advance of curiosity, and to throw a thicker veil over the mysteries of the gospelcraft. Had the Greek been the original, the Greek for Jesus, must have had the Greek termination o?, and been Ir?o-o? ; but the Greek hang, is bad Greek, and nothing more than the Latin Jesus, exhibited in Greek characters. The written documents, the Diegesis, from which first the Latin, and subsequently, the so falsely called original Greek, was derived, have necessarily perished : but Christian ignorance, in mistaking its fable for a history, and committing itself to criticism, by fixing an era, and a scene, when and where its imagined events occurred, has supplied the means of demonstrating the utter falsehood of its pretences : inasmuch as we are able to adduce positive evidence of the existence and prevalence of precisely the same story in India, Persia, Egypt, and Greece, for more than fifteen hundred years before the date assigned to the pretended occurrence of it, in Palestine. But taking the words of the Greek text, the highest written authority to which we can familiarly appeal, in their most simple and primitive significancy, and suffering no suborned or forestalled sense to pervert us from the sense which those words would naturally convey, we shall find it far, infinitely far, from any such historical, or
even pretended historical sense, as our fraudulent English translation, and still more fraudulent preachers of the gospel, would palm on our insulted reason.

Now go here for the explanation of the word JES

And from

THE SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES

Quote:
CHRISTIANITY AND THE SUN

For reasons which they doubtless considered sufficient, those who chronicled the life and acts of Jesus found it advisable to metamorphose him into a solar deity. The historical Jesus was forgotten; nearly all the salient incidents recorded in the four Gospels have their correlations in the movements, phases, or functions of the heavenly bodies.

Among other allegories borrowed by Christianity from pagan antiquity is the story of the beautiful, blue-eyed Sun God, with His golden hair falling upon His shoulders, robed from head to foot in spotless white and carrying in His arms the Lamb of God, symbolic of the vernal equinox. This handsome youth is a composite of Apollo, Osiris, Orpheus, Mithras, and Bacchus, for He has certain characteristics in common with each of these pagan deities.

The philosophers of Greece and Egypt divided the life of the sun during the year into four parts; therefore they symbolized the Solar Man by four different figures. When He was born in the winter solstice, the Sun God was symbolized as a dependent infant who in some mysterious manner had managed to escape the Powers of Darkness seeking to destroy Him while He was still in the cradle of winter. The sun, being weak at this season of the year, had no golden rays (or locks of hair), but the survival of the light through the darkness of winter was symbolized by one tiny hair which alone adorned the head of the Celestial Child. (As the birth of the sun took place in Capricorn, it was often represented as being suckled by a goat.)

At the vernal equinox, the sun had grown to be a beautiful youth. His golden hair hung in ringlets on his shoulders and his light, as Schiller said, extended to all parts of infinity. At the summer solstice, the sun became a strong man, heavily bearded, who, in the prime of maturity, symbolized the fact that Nature at this period of the year is strongest and most fecund. At the autumnal equinox, the sun was pictured as an aged man, shuffling along with bended back and whitened locks into the oblivion of winter darkness. Thus, twelve months were assigned to the sun as the length of its life. During this period it circled the twelve signs of the zodiac in a magnificent triumphal march. When fall came, it entered, like Samson, into the house of Delilah (Virgo), where its rays were cut off and it lost its strength. In Masonry, the cruel winter months are symbolized by three murderers who sought to destroy the God of Light and Truth.

The coming of the sun was hailed with joy; the time of its departure was viewed as a period to be set aside for sorrow and unhappiness. This glorious, radiant orb of day, the true light "which lighteth every man who cometh into the world," the supreme benefactor, who raised all things from the dead, who fed the hungry multitudes, who stilled the tempest, who after dying rose again and restored all things to life--this Supreme Spirit of humanitarianism and philanthropy is known to Christendom as Christ, the Redeemer of worlds, the Only Begotten of The Father, the Word made Flesh, and the Hope of Glory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59