Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 20 Sep 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
 Post subject: Re: "Real" RLC stones
PostPosted: 23 May 2017 5:58 pm 
Grand Master

Yup - that is the place for treasure maps and codes..;-))

PostPosted: 23 May 2017 9:40 pm 
Grand Master

Hmmmm...

What was stored in the location?

Or...

What purpose did the location serve?

Which question do you think is the more important one?

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 7:14 am 
Grand Master

I think, it is : "What purpose did the location serve"

I can't say it now, what purpose it has.

I think it is a time capsule, containing informations which are stolen from the old hiding place and brought to the new place.

The old place was under control of the roman church. The new place was/is under control of them, who has stolen it.

The question is : Who did it ? I think it was one of the the french kings.

Best whishes to the "lovely Marcus" :mrgreen:
Hans

ps Try "Eisbein with Sauerkraut" its the foot of a pig.... :lol:

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 7:17 am 
Grand Master

But for all them, who are going for gold :

There is enough inside, because they used it also as a tres-or.

Regards Hans

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 7:35 am 
Grand Master

I think the answer is down in this underground labyrinth. Question is: where is the access to it? That is the 1 million dollar question.

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 9:43 am 
Grand Master

Barbarian Storm wrote:
Hmmmm...

Or...

What do you mean? Can't follow your thoughts and questions.

My "learning" says:

- The "gold" (and more?) was put in a specific place during the time of the abée Pons (all of it? only part of it?)
- The place is in this "underground" labyrinth we have discussed this morning (with a clear indication where that should be)
- Where it was before: no clue. To whom it belonged: no clue

All pure "theory" for the time being of course....but makes a lot of sense to me. More and more.

To all of you: we need definitely more info about Barthelemy Pons!!!!!!!! There is not a lot of info available and I think some info is even wrong.....so let me open up a new section for this......

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 6:00 pm 
Grand Master

fmh999 wrote:
Barbarian Storm wrote:
Hmmmm...

Or...

What do you mean? Can't follow your thoughts and questions.

My "learning" says:

- The "gold" (and more?) was put in a specific place during the time of the abée Pons (all of it? only part of it?)
- The place is in this "underground" labyrinth we have discussed this morning (with a clear indication where that should be)
- Where it was before: no clue. To whom it belonged: no clue

All pure "theory" for the time being of course....but makes a lot of sense to me. More and more.

To all of you: we need definitely more info about Barthelemy Pons!!!!!!!! There is not a lot of info available and I think some info is even wrong.....so let me open up a new section for this......

Sorry if not very clear...
What I asked was, what kind of place was the location originally?
A mine?
Something else?
Has it never been anything else, had any other functions, but a hiding place?

What would you personally like to know the truth about, if you had to chose about it's contents or it's appearance?

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 6:36 pm 
Grand Master

Barbarian Storm wrote:
A mine?
Something else?

It was a tower . Now broken away, but the subterrain rest of the tower still exist.

Pons restored something into the building which has been brought in the late 18th century to St.Sulpice, Paris

Hans

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 7:18 pm 
Grand Master

hans peper wrote:
Barbarian Storm wrote:
A mine?
Something else?

It was a tower . Now broken away, but the subterrain rest of the tower still exist.

Pons restored something into the building which has been brought in the late 18th century to St.Sulpice, Paris

Hans

But does one build towers deep down in valleys? Then it must have been something more than a tower?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 8:05 pm 
Grand Master

Two pics taken last week in the mine...one shows how deep I worked the mine so far (lots of material had to be moved for being able to crawl in). Currently I worked my way for about10 meters into the mountain where I reached a small hall. From there, three passages are going further: one straight ahead but going slightly uphill, one on the left reaching most probably another chamber after ca another 4 Meters and one going to the right reaching also a kind of chamber after ca. 6 meters. These chambers I only could detect so far over the camera I put into the passages - have to remove some more material before being able to reach these two spots.

The second Picture shows the yellow layer I am crawling on...and to my surprise - there is a second floor layer deeper down.... this second picture was taken vertically from above. One can see the second "hidden" layer which lays beneath the one I am moving on...

And another interesting thing: I already stated that there is a cold air stream coming from inside the mine. This is still the case - but to my surprise this cold air only gets pumped into the mine on an interval of ca 20 seconds......like 5 seconds the cold air is coming and for about 20 seconds there is no air stream at all....I think that has to to with water.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 9:27 pm 
Grand Master

Very nice update, fmh999.
Finally something exciting.
Please feel free to post more photos 8)

From Wiki, another cave with a "cold wind":

Quote:
Jewel Cave National Monument
Jewel Cave National Monument contains Jewel Cave, currently the third longest cave in the world, with 181.89 miles (292.72 kilometers) of mapped passageways.[3] It is located approximately 13 mi (21 km) west of the town of Custer in South Dakota's Black Hills. It became a national monument in 1908.[4]

Frank and Albert Michaud, two local prospectors, discovered the cave in 1900, when they felt cold air blowing out of a small hole in a canyon. It is unknown whether any previous inhabitants of the area were aware of the natural cave opening, which was not large enough for a person to enter.[5]

On the cold wind:

Quote:
The discovered areas in the cave account for only about 3 to 5% of the estimated total air volume of the cave. The cave volume is estimated by measuring the amount of air that the cave "exhales" when the outside air pressure drops and "inhales" when the outside air pressure rises.[5]

And, Wind cave, another very large cave system:

Quote:
Wind Cave National Park
The caves found in the park are said to "breathe," that is, air continually moves into or out of a cave, equalizing the atmospheric pressure of the cave and the outside air. When the air pressure is higher outside the cave than in it, air flows into the cave, raising cave's pressure to match the outside pressure. When the air pressure inside the cave is higher than outside it, air flows out of it, lowering the air pressure within the cave.[5] A large cave (such as Wind Cave) with only a few small openings will "breathe" more obviously than a small cave with many large openings.

Rapid weather changes, accompanied by rapid barometric changes, are a feature of Western South Dakota weather. If a fast-moving storm was approaching on the day the Bingham brothers found the cave, the atmospheric pressure would have been dropping fast, causing the cave's higher-pressure air to rush out all available openings, creating the "wind" for which Wind Cave was named.

Now back to your hole...
Water... or rather another connected opening/other openings to the above world? Like the breathing suggested above? So I think it's the air pressure, not water.

But what is your hole?
A small cave with many openings? Or a large cave with just a few?

Any clear signs of human activity yet?

Last edited by Barbarian Storm on 14 Aug 2017 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017 9:29 pm 
Grand Master

Oh and on the second picture... is that a leaf in the centre?
Something you could have brought in with you, or... was it there to begin with?

If it's a leaf, and you didn't bring it, could flowing water have moved it there? Or did it get there when the "tunnel was blocked"?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 6:01 am 
Grand Master

fmh,

let me tell you, that I have a great respect for your work. Doesn't matter if there is something or not, it shows us from what kind of "wood" you are made.

I really whish you a big success as a harvest of your hard work.

Viel Glueck
Hans

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 6:04 pm 
Grand Master

I do not know yet how big/deep this mine really is. But I still strongly believe that it is a mine and not "only" a cave. The entrance really seems man made or at least adapted. But we will see.

If it would "only" be a small hole in the hill/mountain, then I doubt this cold air stream would strike me that much. So I really think that is is quite a Kind of a complex of different tunnels and Chambers....and my main Goal currently is to detect the "other" entrance to this Underground System. Made some Tests to detect it (smoke...), but it Looks like no entrance in the near surrounding... and still this interval strikes me extremely....5 seconds....20 seconds...5 seconds.....20 seconds

The leaf: yes,it is one. But brought in by myself or was it there already? Cannot say...

By the way BS: will be back at the Steinriegel in 2 weeks....did you manage to detect the Stone last time?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 6:16 pm 
Grand Master

fmh999 wrote:
I do not know yet how big/deep this mine really is. But I still strongly believe that it is a mine and not "only" a cave. The entrance really seems man made or at least adapted. But we will see.

If it would "only" be a small hole in the hill/mountain, then I doubt this cold air stream would strike me that much. So I really think that is is quite a Kind of a complex of different tunnels and Chambers....and my main Goal currently is to detect the "other" entrance to this Underground System. Made some Tests to detect it (smoke...), but it Looks like no entrance in the near surrounding... and still this interval strikes me extremely....5 seconds....20 seconds...5 seconds.....20 seconds

The leaf: yes,it is one. But brought in by myself or was it there already? Cannot say...

It could be larger than you think...
Maybe difficult to detect the smoke coming from another exit, if it's located in a wooded/hilly area?
Holes could be very small, if there indeed are more of them.

fmh999 wrote:
By the way BS: will be back at the Steinriegel in 2 weeks....did you manage to detect the Stone last time?

No I didnt. Before I knew it, it was time to travel home and I didnt locate it on my single try on Steinriegel (and Klausenkopf).
That trip by the way, with Air Berlin... the nightmare of my life.
From Munich to Berlin to Stockholm, except my flight got cancelled in Berlin around midnight and they sent me to a hotel. But first they managed to lose my bags, of course.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017 9:04 pm 
Grand Master

What a pitty. But nice walk to the Klausenkopf. I am sure you enjoyed it.

Will share some more pics of the mine by next week and if you or anybody else has a theory concerning the Intervall - please share. Thank you

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017 8:58 pm 
Grand Master

fmh999 wrote:
What a pitty. But nice walk to the Klausenkopf. I am sure you enjoyed it.

Will share some more pics of the mine by next week and if you or anybody else has a theory concerning the Intervall - please share. Thank you

Yes! Walchensee/Mittenwald was great.
Looking forward to the pictures 8)

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017 11:52 pm 
Queen Bee

Be careful FMH and do these mines have radon gas in them just curious

I've read some have in the area

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118