Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 23 Nov 2017 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2951 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 119  Next
 Post subject: "Real" RLC stones
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 7:34 pm 
Grand Master

Funny to see what sort of things get discussed again and again and again by just leaving out the real provable "things" which still can be found in RLC....anyway! One of the "real" stones that for sure does not get enough attention is the tombstone of ELISABETH RAYNAUND...that everyone still can see and examine in RLC.

For "pentagram" freaks (not me), for reversed N maniacs and decoders this stone is like "paradise on earth"...

Elisabeth Raynaund lived in place called Layram, actually Aram, near La Maurine. She was regarded as a "witch".

Post subject: Re: "Real" RLC stones
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 10:58 pm 
High King

fmh999 wrote:
For "pentagram" freaks (not me)

In that case then, I won't point out that L'Aram lies on a direct line between two of the peaks on the Lincoln pentagram - RLC and La Soulane. :wink:

But no, seriously, that was interesting, thank you, didn't know that. That sounds like an intriguing story. And the poor girl was only 18 years old. I wonder what happened to her.

The renneslechateau.com website has a short page on this, with a clearer transcription of the text on the gravestone, and a couple of photos of L'Aram.

http://www.renneslechateau.com/anglais/inri10.htm

"De Profundis", I understand, is the traditional title given to Psalm 130, one of the penetential psalms.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 4:52 am 
Queen Bee

Well I had seen this on the renneslechateau.com website but thought no more about her.

I know we've mentioned this before but there is yet another ruin in L'Aram and these are all over the place.

richard.webster wrote:
I won't point out that L'Aram lies on a direct line between two of the peaks on the Lincoln pentagram - RLC and La Soulane.

Yes and what is more it's EXACTLY half way in between. It is also right next to the triangular field where the stream and the stone basin inside the small copse of trees is. In Lincoln's Key to the Sacred Pattern it also shows and image of an angel in the field.

She was a bit young to be a witch. Does anyone know what a MÉTÉRIE is?

Richard you're on to something here.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 5:11 am 
Grand Master

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metairie,_Louisiana

The original spelling, Métairie, is the French language term for a tenant farm which paid the landlord with a share of the produce (sharecropping).

[snip]

Does anyone know why she was accused of witchcraft?

Did her name have one "n" (Raynaud) or two? (Raynaund)?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 6:32 am 
Queen Bee

Seeker1 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metairie,_Louisiana

The original spelling, Métairie, is the French language term for a tenant farm which paid the landlord with a share of the produce (sharecropping).

[snip]

Either spelling seems to have been used. I don't know why she was accused of witchcraft but the more one digs into this the more intriguing it gets.

Apparantly this stone was for a long time part of a stelle that was in the cemetary at Rennes le Chateau. But for reasons not explained it was moved from the cemetary and placed in the court yard of the presbytery next to the old bell in the church.

The reverse N И has been a feature of this mystery throughout. It appears to be Greek.

Last edited by roscoe on 22 Oct 2009 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 6:40 am 
High King

Seeker1 wrote:

Definitely two, both reversed. But I wonder if we might be in Hautpoul stele mis-spelt inscription territory?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 6:42 am 
High King

Seeker1 wrote:

I wonder if she was actually accused, or if it was a rumour that developed subsequent to her death. I only say that because it seems unlikely that someone so accused would be buried in a Christian cemetery. :?:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 6:48 am 
High King

roscoe wrote:
richard.webster wrote:
I won't point out that L'Aram lies on a direct line between two of the peaks on the Lincoln pentagram - RLC and La Soulane.

Yes and what is more it's EXACTLY half way in between. It is also right next to the triangular field where the stream and the stone basin inside the small copse of trees is. In Lincoln's Key to the Sacred Pattern it also shows and image of an angel in the field.

I wasn't sure if it was exactly halfway between, or a little off from that. But it depends where you set the points in RLC and La Soulane. But I do find it interesting, as you say, that this is in the vicinity of the pool in the copse. Given that it is where it is, and given also that Henry Lincoln discovered what appeared to be evidence of on-going ritual activity in this spot as recently as the 1970s.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 7:20 am 
Queen Bee

richard.webster wrote:
Seeker1 wrote:

I wonder if she was actually accused, or if it was a rumour that developed subsequent to her death. I only say that because it seems unlikely that someone so accused would be buried in a Christian cemetery. :?:

Yes but it appears that her headstone at least was moved out. I would remind you that Sauniere too was moved out of consecrated ground.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 7:26 am 
Queen Bee

richard.webster wrote:
roscoe wrote:
richard.webster wrote:

I wasn't sure if it was exactly halfway between, or a little off from that. But it depends where you set the points in RLC and La Soulane. But I do find it interesting, as you say, that this is in the vicinity of the pool in the copse. Given that it is where it is, and given also that Henry Lincoln discovered what appeared to be evidence of on-going ritual activity in this spot as recently as the 1970s.

It is halfway between if you use my revised positions i.e. The points marked Rnes and the use of La Tour d'Alchemie.

With regard to the field containing the small copse and the stone basin. The position now contains some buildings.

Here's Google Earth position now.

One wonders if this is contrived. I've long since had the feeling that things are gradually getting covered up.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 8:16 am 
Queen Bee

Here's L'Aram today using Google Earth

There's nothing obvious here, but the spot height coincides with the junction of three pathways.

You should be able to see Le Bezu church from here and this line of sight goes straight over the centre of the pentacle of mountains.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 8:25 am 
Grand Master

....typos on the stone....reversed N's....apparently carved in 1857....Saunière was only 5 years old at that time....removed from the cemetery in RLC....

L'Aram today:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 8:26 am 
Queen Bee

.....or on the other hand it would be much more exciting to keep on following that track down heading south...past the next farm...keep on going till you get to the large circle of standing stones with the tree in the centre.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 8:40 am 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
.....or on the other hand it would be much more exciting to keep on following that track down heading south...past the next farm...keep on going till you get to the large circle of standing stones with the tree in the centre.

This one you mean?

It's interesting Sheila but it doesn't, on the face of it, appear to be in the centre of anything.

Boudet calls it

Le Cercle.

I forgot to add that the farm that you went past is Coume Sourde

Last edited by roscoe on 22 Oct 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 8:54 am 
Queen Bee

fmh999 wrote:
....typos on the stone....reversed N's....apparently carved in 1857....Saunière was only 5 years old at that time....removed from the cemetery in RLC....

Not forgetting the five pointed star in each corner.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 10:54 am 
Queen Bee

Quote:
Boudet calls it

Le Cercle.

.....and you don't find that interesting??

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 12:14 pm 
Grand Master

Something one can detect near to l'Aram:

To the 5 pointed star: you will have more success by concentrating on a 6 pointed one - at least as tool to be used in a geometric approach.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 12:34 pm 
Queen Bee

Sheila wrote:
Quote:
Boudet calls it

Le Cercle.

.....and you don't find that interesting??

I do find it interesting, it's just that this particular circle is not in the centre.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 12:42 pm 
High King

fmh999 wrote:
apparently carved in 1857....Saunière was only 5 years old at that time....removed from the cemetery in RLC....

Interesting. The implication behind your words is that this stone was not carved on the date shown. Or perhaps you sought to make the point that this is an RLC event that does not involve Sauniere. Could be either, I guess. Forgive me for interrogating your words in that way, but this is one of the more interesting threads here for quite some time, and I'm keen to see it continue.

If it was carved in 1857 then the priest of Rennes-le-Chateau at that time would have been the Abbe Pons, who served from 1836 to 1879. A long tenure.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 1:33 pm 
Grand Master

Point is that the RLC enigma bases on a long history, and nothing started with Saunière in the first place.

One can compare the role of people like "Boudet" in this enigma with the one of a "consultant" in a family "enterprise" that successfully acted over the centuries in the market but at one point had no successor anymore or better did not want to name one anymore.

Nevertheless the knowledge of the enterprise should be preserved by granting at least kind of accessibility to it.

Of course one can ask why no successor should have been nominated anymore. That is a fair question. Answers are based on things like: leaks, "internal problems" as well as changing political environment, etc.

Pure theory? Wishful thinking? Or just the naked truth how it really was?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 1:38 pm 
Grand Master

richard.webster wrote:
Seeker1 wrote:

Definitely two, both reversed. But I wonder if we might be in Hautpoul stele mis-spelt inscription territory?

Well yes, understand my point.

Raynaud is a common French last name. I've never seen it with a second "n" on the end, "Raynau(n)d ".

My point would be yes - the fact that a second N was added could be an intentional mis-spelling error, as well as the fact that it has two reversed N's. In other words, the second N is significant and was added for a reason to the name.

Torkain says the other place reversed N's show up is at ... St. Sulpice.
http://www.renneslechateau.com/anglais/inri1.htm

And on Berenger's tomb.
http://www.renneslechateau.com/anglais/inri5.htm

As well as a few other places. There is some meaning to this inverted or reversed N. What? Inversals feature a lot in this mystery ... such as the inverted/reversed frieze at Shugborough Hall....

Here's the thing. I think fmh's point is the fact that this stone dates to 1857 suggests the enigma is older than Berenger himself ... meaning that, as I said, while a lot of people say the mystery of RlC "is" the strange wealth of Sauniere, it seems like there are mysteries & enigmas that pre-date him and his tenure.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 1:53 pm 
Grand Master

My favourite reversed "N" is (or was - some people sadly have to touch / change everything) the one on the calvaire next to the Jesus statue in Antugnac.

1838 we can read on the calvaire. Strange "8" - as to be found in RLC too, some will think.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 2:08 pm 
Grand Master

The "3" on the Antugnac calvaire is interesting too - a bit the same style as on the Rushton Lodge / Triangular Lodge:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 2:09 pm 
Queen Bee

Seeker1 wrote:
richard.webster wrote:
Seeker1 wrote:

Well yes, understand my point.

Raynaud is a common French last name. I've never seen it with a second "n" on the end, "Raynau(n)d ".

My point would be yes - the fact that a second N was added could be an intentional mis-spelling error, as well as the fact that it has two reversed N's. In other words, the second N is significant and was added for a reason to the name.

Torkain says the other place reversed N's show up is at ... St. Sulpice.
http://www.renneslechateau.com/anglais/inri1.htm

And on Berenger's tomb.
http://www.renneslechateau.com/anglais/inri5.htm

As well as a few other places. There is some meaning to this inverted or reversed N. What? Inversals feature a lot in this mystery ... such as the inverted/reversed frieze at Shugborough Hall....

Here's the thing. I think fmh's point is the fact that this stone dates to 1857 suggests the enigma is older than Berenger himself ... meaning that, as I said, while a lot of people say the mystery of RlC "is" the strange wealth of Sauniere, it seems like there are mysteries & enigmas that pre-date him and his tenure.

"Beringer Sauniere and his village have always been central to this story but in reality he is nothing more than the fluttering banner which draws the eye upwards away from the towering edifice on which he is set." - Henry Lincoln : The Shadow of the Templars 1979. Lincoln then moves on to discuss the pentacle of mountains. 30 years ago.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 2:41 pm 
Queen Bee

Quote:
".......which draws the eye upwards away from the towering edifice on which he is set."

That's one way of putting it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2951 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 119  Next