Arcadia Discussion Zone

Forums dedicated to history's mysteries, Rennes-le-Château and beyond…

Read the Arcadia Forum House Rules

It is currently 24 Oct 2017 3:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Vandalism in RLC
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017 11:56 am 
High King

Quote:
When Assad started to kill his folks ... he got no flight prohibition zone.

Trump called Clinton a war-monger for suggesting one.
One of his popular stances was he'd stay out of Syria, but that promise didn't last long.
Quote:
The proposal of no-fly zones has been fiercely debated in Washington for the past five years, but has never attracted significant enthusiasm from the military because of the risk to pilots from Syrian air defenses and the presence of Russian warplanes.

Quote:
The challenges for a no-fly zone over Syria outstrip those the US has faced over Libya, Bosnia and Iraq. Assad’s surface-to-air missiles, protecting the Mediterranean coast and southern regions the regime still controls, were formidable before the recent Russian addition of what Clapper, a former air force general, called “very advanced” S-300 and S-400 systems that can blanket the majority of Syrian airspace with missiles.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... sia-us-war

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017 2:13 pm 
High King

Regarding this, apart from my personal views on Syria etc ( I hear you Sheila and Sandy ), this act is potentially very bad for the village at RLC.
With current French politics and the numerous terrorist acts, they could possibly close access to the village to this years tourists. Obviously with such a small income based on tourism this could have a terrible affect.
Has anyone seen any info from the RLC Marie, regarding the opening of the church etc. Let's hope that the bigger tourist areas such as Carcassonne & Limoux etc stay ok.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017 9:29 pm 
High King

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Regarding this, apart from my personal views on Syria etc ( I hear you Sheila and Sandy ), this act is potentially very bad for the village at RLC.
With current French politics and the numerous terrorist acts, they could possibly close access to the village to this years tourists. Obviously with such a small income based on tourism this could have a terrible affect.
Has anyone seen any info from the RLC Marie, regarding the opening of the church etc. Let's hope that the bigger tourist areas such as Carcassonne & Limoux etc stay ok.
Regards
Nic

The church is currently open. I read somewhere that the Mairie is after 10,000 euros to repair the damage, which seem somewhat excessive.
Something about this doesn't quite weigh up, maybe I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist. The name of the woman has still to be released. Another thing, it's said she put her Koran on the ground, if she was a genuine believer she'd do no such thing.

Post subject: Vandalism in RLC
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017 10:46 pm 
High King

The face of Mary Magdalene survived the attack which is a miracle in itself!

How was she holding a Koran if she was also holding an axe and a cell phone?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017 3:07 am 
Queen Bee

Davinho wrote:
Quote:
By the former General in charge of the NATO Kosovo campaign.

The Pentagon had plans to attack Syria a week after 911.

Syria or rather the Assad family were to blame for all the terrorism attributed to Gadaffi in the 80's. Gaddafi lied and said Libya was responsible to do a deal to get crippling sanctions lifted. Syria has been the root cause of a hell of a lot of terrorism for decades.

So we got rid of Gaddafi and look what happened.

Assad is fighting ISIS ISIL ISL helped by the Russians. Get rid of Assad and they have a free reign in the region.

it is interesting that the Western Forces only bomb Assad and the Syrian infrastructure. The Russians bomb ISIL.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017 3:17 am 
Queen Bee

Eginolf wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Fact is the trouble in Syria was planned by elements within the US.

Something really astonishes:

When Saddam Hussein started to kill his folks ... very soon he got a flight prohibition zone.

When Ghaddafi started to kill his folks ... very soon he got a flight prohibition zone.

Seven years later he can still drop barrel bombs on children - and that's ok with the US, UNO, Russia, China, EU, etc.

At the time we were bombing Iraq, Dubya Bush gave One Billion dollars to the President of Tajikistan. This is a guy who boiled his political opponents alive.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017 3:27 am 
Queen Bee

TCJ wrote:
Quote:

Trump called Clinton a war-monger for suggesting one.
One of his popular stances was he'd stay out of Syria, but that promise didn't last long.
Quote:
The proposal of no-fly zones has been fiercely debated in Washington for the past five years, but has never attracted significant enthusiasm from the military because of the risk to pilots from Syrian air defenses and the presence of Russian warplanes.

Quote:
The challenges for a no-fly zone over Syria outstrip those the US has faced over Libya, Bosnia and Iraq. Assad’s surface-to-air missiles, protecting the Mediterranean coast and southern regions the regime still controls, were formidable before the recent Russian addition of what Clapper, a former air force general, called “very advanced” S-300 and S-400 systems that can blanket the majority of Syrian airspace with missiles.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... sia-us-war

Yeh! and look how the American dollar responded.

Yep! Bombing an empty airfield after first issuing a warning sure does it for the money markets.

In the old days we'd be watching for put options as a precursor for something going down but everyone is on to that. But if the Federal Reserve suddenly pumps money into Wall street then it is tin hat time. They did this immediately before the London Bombings in 2005.

Quote:
"The terrorist attacks in London took place on Thursday. The Fed dramatically increased the pool of liquidity available for stocks to a multi-year high 48 hours before that---an ideal amount of time for that liquidity to filter into the market---and kept it elevated for the next few days. And indeed, it worked. The stock market saw heavy buying right at the opening bell on Thursday and has shot straight up since then.

"Why did the Fed do this? Was it just another coincidence in our financial markets that somehow managed to immediately precede a major geopolitical event?"

Fintan Dunne of breakfornews.com has also picked up the story, and writes that the Federal Reserve "has previously supported financial markets by increasing liquidity to boost the stock market - as happened after 9/11. But... the Fed had already hugely increased liquidity 48 hours before the London attacks, just in time for that liquidity to filter into the market."

Oh the Chemical attack.

You know if it was sarin the guy carrying this child is a dead man as it will be in his clothes and hair.

Couldn't find the picture of the kid in wartorn Syria we saw on our TV wearing immaculate NIKE jacket and Adidas trainers breathing heavily. If it was sarin he wouldn't be breathing at all. It wasn't sarin it was tear Gas See Winston Churchill wanting to use gas in the 1920s

This (erm!) attack occurred because the forces opposing Assad are getting their butt kicked and need western intervention. IOW Other Iraq war.

Western media lies about Syria exposed (Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett)

Basically areas like Aleppo have been occupied by Terrorist factions fighting Assad for years. Assad forces and Russia liberated this area. The West's response was to call a ceasefire. This allowed the Islamic factions to reoccupy Aleppo.

During this "ceasefire" US led forces attacks Assads troops and the parts previously liberated were reoccupied by Islamic forces opposing Assad. This action directly caused to war to continue, as General Wesley Clarke told us elements within the US want Assad (and Russia) out and pay Mercenaries to do their dirty work for them, unfortunately Russia is kicking their butts.

Western journalism is lying about Syria. "So-CALLED" ISLAMIC STATE attacks on the west are driven by desperate opposition to Assad who desperately want the west to intervene like we did in other Middle Eastern states.

So to all you "WE-need-to-do-something-in-Syria" idiots then go to the army stores to see if Desert fatigues suit you and get your own arse over there. Because that is precisely what they want you to do.

So getting back to subject of this thread. And for once I agree with Sheila although with different reasons, knocking the head of of a statue is nothing it can be replaced. It gets publicity too.

PostPosted: 03 May 2017 12:55 pm 
High King

Quote:
So we got rid of Gaddafi and look what happened.

Assad is fighting ISIS ISIL ISL helped by the Russians. Get rid of Assad and they have a free reign in the region.

it is interesting that the Western Forces only bomb Assad and the Syrian infrastructure. The Russians bomb ISIL.

I don't disagree, my point was more regarding the reasons the US were likely planning to go into Syria for a while as you asserted

PostPosted: 06 May 2017 3:41 pm 
High King

The locals seem pretty cool about the damage in the church. There is a hope that the replacement head will be much closer to the original than the one that has been hacked off. I hope they keep a close eye on the church during the next round of elections. .

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017 7:48 pm 
Grand Master

A good news :

The damaged Delmas croix on the northern parking is repaired again. Thank you for the good guys who has done that.

regards Hans

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017 1:03 pm 
High King

Good to hear

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017 9:55 am 
High King

A quick update in the paper here in France.
The lady who vandalized the church got sent to a psychological hospital.
When she went infront of the judge. He gave her a conditional discharge!
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2017 10:02 pm 
High King

Another update,
Wow the devil is very badly damaged. No head, arms and also the "claw marks" on his leg is damaged.
The face of MM is completely blackened with paint but the rest of the altar is ok.
I will post photos soon as I get back. The restoration will be finished some time in September.
RLC was very quiet, and apparently the tourism isn't good at the moment.
I'll update if I see anything new.
Regards
Nic

Post subject: Vandalism in RLC
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017 10:26 pm 
High King

Johan Netchacovitch

"Two news of the day:
- the devil and the bas-Relief of the church of Rennes-Le-Château soon restored after the act of vandalism of April!
- "Red Rose" offers second hand works...: Jude, sipra, Brétigny-Deloux (which we recommend)
Read in detail in the gazette of rlc "

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017 11:29 pm 
High King

I took some photos of the damage.
Hopefully post soon
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017 2:55 am 
Emperor

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Hopefully post soon
Regards
Nic

Have they put the trident back in it's original form?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017 9:59 pm 
High King

rain wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Hopefully post soon
Regards
Nic

Hi Rain,
I only saw the damage not the restoration. Really bad and much worse than I thought it would be. The restorers must have done the work remotely as the Fautiuil du Diable was still in situ.
Regards
Nic

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017 11:44 pm 
Emperor

BULLDOGNIC wrote:
rain wrote:
BULLDOGNIC wrote:
Hopefully post soon
Regards
Nic

Hi Rain,
I only saw the damage not the restoration. Really bad and much worse than I thought it would be. The restorers must have done the work remotely as the Fautiuil du Diable was still in situ.
Regards
Nic

Thanks Nic, for the report. And Renne. I do hope they put it back in its original form.